As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestle]mania is Sunday! All other promotions have shows in New York too.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Also a few years ago who would have thought that Edge would come out from that whole Lita/Hardy/Edge triangle looking like a cool guy and Matt Hardy would end up looking like the asshole.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    I am going to assume Edge was a cool dude.

Yeah he was a class act all the way.

Very cool and talked about Alter Bridge with me.

Didn't just rush through it and he laughed when I said I wanted a "pose".

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Also a few years ago who would have thought that Edge would come out from that whole Lita/Hardy/Edge triangle looking like a cool guy and Matt Hardy would end up looking like the asshole.

Considering Matt Hardy's immediate reaction was to publicly nonstop bitch about it to anybody who'd listen and even those who wouldn't, me.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Matt Hardy is kind of a jerk so

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »

Obligatory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular

Considering Matt Hardy's immediate reaction was to publicly nonstop bitch about it to anybody who'd listen and even those who wouldn't, me.

Isn't that his immediate reaction to everything?

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    That and faking his own imminent suicide.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Apparently Matt Hardy has been in ROH as of late where he completely failed to keep up with Adam Cole.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Ooh! Ooh! Punk and Kirk Angel are having a twitter spat about the pope and whether he is or is not a nazi of some sort.
    C.M. Punk
    The pope resigned? I did nazi that coming.
    Still C.M. Punk
    Oh piss off. Pope was a nazi.
    Kirk Angel
    Cm Punk Should thank GOD that the Pope is a forgiving Man. Because Even the Pope Could Whip Punk's skinny ass

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Why would anyone care about that

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »

Obligatory...

All it takes is seeing the preview image to get me laughing.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »

Obligatory...

All it takes is seeing the preview image to get me laughing.

Then my work here is done.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
    PWInsider wrote:
    The Shield vs. John Cena, Ryback and Sheamus at this Sunday's Elimination Chamber PPV is expected to be inside the Chamber structure, making it the second Chamber match on the PPV. It would also be the first time a six man tag has been done inside the structure.

One would assume the match would be conducted under rules similar to the old War Games: The Match Beyond. The Chamber was actually created after Triple H pitched using the Wargames double ring cage structure, only to have the idea shot down and the Chamber created instead.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah, Rock is WWE champ. I forgot all about that, considering it's been a while since we've seen him on WWE TV.

• CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    I'd love if they brought Wargames back. It's a good concept, even if it needs a bit of a contrived setup to get a good story for it. Same goes for the traditional Survivor Series matches.
    Goose! wrote: »
    Why would anyone care about that

I don't know. Why would anyone care about anything involving grown men fake-fighting? Apparently you don't care, so ignore it. If it's so offensive to you that it's mere presence in the thread forces you to comment on it, I offer my heartfelt apologies.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    This is the worst news

That was the most pointless 15 minutes of WWE television and it was still one of the better segments on Raw this month.

edited February 2013
    It was a Heyman promo, so it wasn't really that pointless.

I could listen to Heyman talk forever.

edit: hahahahaha Rey's already injured again

Sweeney Tom on
    Why is Khali getting this much screen time?

It was a Heyman promo, so it wasn't really that pointless.

I could listen to Heyman talk forever.

edit: hahahahaha Rey's already injured again

It was absolutely pointless, in that nothing was advanced. Heyman was resigning, then Punk talked him out of it, and it was like Heyman never even thought of leaving. But it was a good promo, of course.

Hahaha, crowd chanting one more time.

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    3MB going to be mega squashed tonight

People cheering Hornswoggle's death is the current highlight of the show.

I cannot wait for this match, you guys

So, over/under on the amount of months Cena holds the strap after beating Rock at Mania? Presumably he's dropping it to Punk, I'd say he'd at least hold onto it until the following Mania. Hunter wants longer reigns, and it would be fitting to have Cena/Punk at Mania after having Punk win the Rumble.

The title should go to Daniel Bryan because it would drive Punk nuts.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    oh man, that match

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I wonder who in the back decided they should start letting the best wrestlers on the show go out and have good long matches. Sheamus, Barrett, and Orton are capable of good matches, but their brawling style doesn't exactly thrill me like getting to see great technical wrestling does, and whoever decided they should let those guys go out and show what they can do is my hero.

So I'm hopeful we get the following Sunday and then further fantasy booking:

Shield attacks Punk, thereby disqualifying Rock and awarding Punk the title. Punk vs Cena then adds Rock to the mix at Mania, with Punk pinning Cena to retain.

Ziggler cashes in on ADR and wins, right after Big Show knocks his lights out in frustration over losing again. Jericho wins the EC match. Jericho vs Ziggler at Mania for the HW with Jericho as the face.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    that's kind of a shitty thing to do to del rio

Magell wrote: »
    I wonder who in the back decided they should start letting the best wrestlers on the show go out and have good long matches. Sheamus, Barrett, and Orton are capable of good matches, but their brawling style doesn't exactly thrill me like getting to see great technical wrestling does, and whoever decided they should let those guys go out and show what they can do is my hero.

It's also really good pacing to the show. Cena, Sheamus and Ryback are going out there now to squash 3MB with a really hot crowd. Nobody's expecting this to be anything other than an exhibition of signature moves and 3MB's ability to sell. Nobody was going to be able to follow Bryan/Jericho in terms of match quality so why not go in another direction?

Mwx884o.jpg
  • kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    kingworks wrote: »
    Anyone else rooting for the Shield at EC?

you mean besides everyone

I imagine the boner Vince has for the 3 guys in the ring right now is making his hip hurt.

kingworks wrote: »
    Anyone else rooting for the Shield at EC?

you mean besides everyone

Yeah, I don't think that was the reaction WWE wanted from the audience.

Mwx884o.jpg
    PWInsider wrote:
    The 3/15 Impact Wrestling taping in Hoffman Estates, IL is selling well.
    Currently, there are no seats available in the $73, $43 and $23 price range.

Tickets still remain for $125 VIP Suite seating, which includes pre-show appearances by TNA talents and $13 tickets.

It's likely more seats will be released once they are cleared by production, but that's a really good sign for the first official "on the road full-time" taping.

I like to think that segment implies that WWE's cameramen are always just taping people shit-talking Big Show because fuck that guy.

Mwx884o.jpg
    They've come full circle. ADR went from turning face to turning back into a heel and generating sympathy for Show.

SEGMENT OF THE YEAR

This discussion has been closed.