As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NCAA Basketball: Selection Sunday

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    MOTHERFUCKING STATISTICALLY ANOMALOUS PERFORMANCES

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Bad day for the state of Michigan.

• pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    At least the Wings are winning....

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
    Aw, I didn't post it here. I did on mgoblog, but I said I figured Michigan would win fairly easily if:

1) Morgan didn't get in foul trouble (he did)
    2) Kentucky didn't have a better than average performance from three point land. (um, 7/11 is a bit better than 37%)
    3) Michigan shot their average. 7/18 is a bit below it.

So I know my team, I guess.

• BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    This thread is completely devoid of Kentucky fans

PSN: thewheelz
    edited March 2014
    It's mostly Big Ten fans and has been since its inception. D&D college football thread is the same way.

enlightenedbum on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Bubs wrote: »
    This thread is completely devoid of Kentucky fans

I'm around, I just don't post much because ebum is such a big presence here and he hates Calipari. :p

I'm pretty stoked, though, I was not expecting this postseason. Really everything after beating Louisville is gravy, but I really wanted this game too.

vRyue2p.png
    To that point, Jordan Morgan (paraphrased from memory), post-game:
    They're weird to play because they don't really run anything. Just challenge you one on one and because they're such good athletes it works for them.

He's such a bad coach and is making me hope Bo Ryan destroys him. BO RYAN.

Wisconsin wins if Kentucky stops their out of body three point shooting experience.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    It's mostly Big Ten fans and has been since its inception. D&D college football thread is the same way.

and whatever ACC fans usually come around haven't had much reason this weekend :(

Anyway, what a fucking shot by Harrison.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

and whatever ACC fans usually come around haven't had much reason this weekend :(

Cold-blooded

vRyue2p.png
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

Grumble grumble...stupid Mercer...grumble grumble

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    As he heaved that shot up I started saying "once again terrible shot choice in a collegiate basketball game" but I only uttered the first word before I saw how beautiful the release and arc of the shot was.

Mostly what I'm trying to say is, that shot bust my wife's bracket and gave me my last and only hope to continue my streak of winning the family bracket challenge.

edited March 2014
    BTW, for the rest of the Big Ten: consensus around here is that Stauskas is goooooooone. GRIII is like 75/25 gone, and nobody knows with McGary.

Of course, if they all (or just the last two) stay...

enlightenedbum on
  • CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Well this guy doesn't look like a fool yet.

• zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Worst. Bracket. Ever. Just awful, I don't know what I was thinking with half my picks, although I did have three upsets that would have put me way out in front if my picks hadn't managed to blow huge leads.

On the plus side, my wife wins $100 if Florida shits the bed.

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Heh my bracket revived from the dead with Michigan St. and Louisville losses this weekend. If Florida makes it to the championship I'll either win or be tied for first.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular

and whatever ACC fans usually come around haven't had much reason this weekend season :(

My team sucks, so I don't follow it that much. We did well to not finish DFL in the ACC.

Incindium wrote: »
    Heh my bracket revived from the dead with Michigan St. and Louisville losses this weekend. If Florida makes it to the championship I'll either win or be tied for first.

Niang's injury killed mine and Kentucky's bullshit three point shooting finished it off (last weekend, not this one). :(

I think we probably would have beat UConn with Niang. That's a freak injury that totally changes the whole landscape of the bracket.

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    My bracket had a Syracuse, Michigan, michigan st, Wisconsin final four (with wisconsin winning because homer, fuck you). Bracket is dead, but I believe I can still get top 3 if wisconsin does win

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    If Wisconsin makes the finals, I win my work's bracket contest.

Yes, I had Wisconsin going to the finals, because I have no idea why.

And my work bracket contest is for nothing but bragging rights. But OH WELL.

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I was barely even paying attention when I filled my bracket in and am checking it now for the first time since I filled it out. Which is just as well, because it's dead. I'm in the 25th percentile on ESPN.

I apparently had Kansas/Wichita St./Cincinnati/Wisconsin, with Wichita St. over Kansas in the final. I picked exactly five non-chalk winners correctly: Stanford and Stephen F. Austin in the round of 64, UConn and Baylor in the round of 32, and Wisconsin in the Elite Eight.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    My champion lost in the first round (woooo homerism), but I'm tied for first in the PA group on ESPN. If someone other than Florida wins it, I think I'll keep that tie for first place. Florida/Wisky/Duke/Iowa State FF.

My champion lost in the first round (woooo homerism), but I'm tied for first in the PA group on ESPN. If someone other than Florida wins it, I think I'll keep that tie for first place. Florida/Wisky/Duke/Iowa State FF.

hey, hey you, yes you. I know you're a duke fan and all, but there aren't any k's in Wisconsin.

Veevee wrote: »

hey, hey you, yes you. I know you're a duke fan and all, but there aren't any k's in Wisconsin.

Plenty of Whiskey though.

Whoever does the scheduling for events in Dallas has got to be a troll
    There are also 13 other large events taking place in the area that will place an even greater burden on transportation. Three large concerts, a NASCAR race, the state’s largest beer festival and eight other large events take place at the same time.

It's going to be fucking nuts this weekend. And I'm not sure they're ready for Wisconsinites to crash that beer fest

I guarantee there isn't enough beer, that's for sure.

• BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Why am I not watching these games on CBS?

PSN: thewheelz
    Because TV contracts. Brutal game.

And my power went out for like 15mins. At least Wisconsin has made a run and regained the lead in that time.

steam_sig.png
    Oh ho ho that was an awesome fake/ 3 shot play even if he got lucky for not being called for traveling.

steam_sig.png
    How did they let him shoot the same shot that he beat Michigan with.

steam_sig.png
    Because he and the team are not good shooters.

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Good game, Kentucky.

(dies)

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    The bigger issue is that Traevon Jackson still thinks he's Jordan. He's not. Shot should have gone to literally anybody else on the team.

AARON FUCKING HARRISON WOOOO

vRyue2p.png
  • lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    Couldn't agree with the thread title more. Going to be hard to root for either team in the final, I guess UConn is the lesser of the evils.

I would download a car.
    lazegamer wrote: »
    Couldn't agree with the thread title more. Going to be hard to root for either team in the final, I guess UConn is the lesser of the evils.

At least they play basketball instead of volleyball.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    No one watched the game tonight? Pretty good even if Boyd Crowder lost to someone who's drinking water is poisoned.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I cannot stand watching that Kentucky team. It's just repeated drives to the hoop, pray for a foul, and when you inevitably miss because you have no basketball skills despite your ridiculous athleticism, get the offensive rebound and bat it off the glass until it accidentally falls through the basket.

In a related story, I cannot stand watching the NBA (though at least some of those guys can shoot and pass).

This discussion has been closed.