As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Issues updating 3DS SD card, anyone had these?

ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
I finally outgrew the 2GB card that came with my system, so a week ago I bought a PNY 32GB micro card that was on sale at Bestbuy. I was able to transfer my data from the original card onto the new one, download Fire Emblem and EO4 onto it and start using it. Two days ago, Fire Emblem vanished from the system and EO4 said it could no longer load its map data. I assume the card is no good and copy the data off onto a PC to see if anything's salvageable.

I get two corruption messages at that time, so I give up on the card and order a new one from Sandisk. I copy the original card data over again and boot up the system. All the tiles load, so I go to the store to try and redownload my titles. The download starts for a moment and then fails. When I left the store, all the games that were on the card have vanished. Rebooting does the same thing. If I go onto system settings and look at the data on the card, most of the time it will load, but occasionally it will stutter and then say it can't detect the SD card.

I've formatted this new card several times. I've formatted it, then popped it into the 3DS to let it create the base data, then removed it and copied my old data onto it. Nothing seems to work. Does it seem like I'm just getting bad cards, or does it seem more like the card reader in the 3DS is busted? Anyone had anything like this before?