Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

C# and OOP (book recommendation)

SpackleSpackle Registered User
edited March 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Despite working as a .NET developer, I feel i've never really sat down with the shear basics of OOP programming. Topics like:
    Encaspulation
    Inheritance
    Polymorphism
    Abstract classes

I've all used through previous code examples but I feel I would like some sort of book that gives me a solid run through to further enhance my understanding of OOP. Part of which I've also gotten into design patterns which all rely heavily on OOP knowledge. I think that I would grasp the design patterns better if I had a more concrete understanding of OOP and all that it is.

Need a C# book, something that I can go at my own pace. Would prefer something with lots of code examples as opposed to just straight thinking/theory. Something that doesn't waste time with the basics of C#, something that dives right into code for OOP.

(I'm definitely not new at OOP and already how it works but I just think I could use a solid foundation as opposed to bits I've picked up over time, ya know?)

Spackle on
Taco Bell does win the franchise war according to the tome of knowledge that is Demolition Man. However, I've watched Demolition Man more then a few times and never once did I see WoW. In conclusion Taco Bell has more lasting power then WoW.
D&D Metal Thread: HERE