Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

VoIP: The communication revolution [1st post]

124»

• SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    From etoychest:

TNI Securities today reports via its Electronic Entertainment Industry Update that the headset port on the Nintendo DS will enable voice-over-IP chat when used in conjunction with the unit's wireless 802.11b networking capabilities. What this means, in effect, is that users could use the console to place free phone calls when situated at a wireless hotspots. The system is still targets for release this November. Thanks to GameSpot for this.

THAT IS AWESOME

• Cruzn15Cruzn15 Registered User, ClubPA
    edited September 2004
  • StonedHamsterStonedHamster Registered User
    edited September 2004
    I'm in.

I'm clever! :D
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I am not keen on installing anything which is made by the Kazaa people.

Just so you know.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • TDLTDL ClubPA, __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2004
    I've been using their pay service to call land lines back in the states. Crystal clear calls, and less than a cent a minute. I approve. :^:

Meet me on my vast veranda
    My sweet, untouched Miranda
    And while the seagulls are crying
    We fall but our souls are flying
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    downloaded.

name: fyrewulff

• incognitoincognito Registered User
    edited September 2004
    Its out for mac now, I think.
    Check the site.

My art thread.
    Janson: Listen bitches, just shut up and get back to licking my floor clean.
    I'm not dealing with your kind of crap today.
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2004
    That was a question. I meant: Is this program a churning pile of adware infected pesticlence like Kazaa? Because, well, I don't trust these people. At all.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • so)(goso)(go Registered User
    edited September 2004
    yea they have a beta for the mac.

My name is sogoiii

azamanga_apple.jpg
  • TDLTDL ClubPA, __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2004
    That was a question. I meant: Is this program a churning pile of adware infected pesticlence like Kazaa? Because, well, I don't trust these people. At all.

It's clean for me.

Meet me on my vast veranda
    My sweet, untouched Miranda
    And while the seagulls are crying
    We fall but our souls are flying
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Count me in. Name's mongrelidiot.

• DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2004
    Holy assnuts. You guys rock. I moved to Vancouver to make games, about 3000 miles from my D&D group, but through the power of technology and the obsessive lust of geekhood, I am now able to play via Skype and webcam. I am now the Afflicted-Kender-in-a-box cross country. Rock on, PA forum peeps. I will stab once for you.

• Kamikaze7thKamikaze7th Registered User
    edited September 2004
    I get free VoIp because my mom works for a international company and needs it at home.

the company pays for it too.

• sankesanke Registered User
    edited September 2004

Stop being cynical. They're offering a service which (to my awareness) is the best there is at the moment.

Should you be cautious of google because it's the best search engine? No.

• PowerLlamaPowerLlama Registered User
    edited September 2004
    haha, i just registered to put my skype name cause i'm bored

powerllama

Your skill in reading has gone up by 1 point.
    Click me for Sin City Breakfast Tacos! | Come discuss CG with us!
  • BlasfemazBlasfemaz Registered User
    edited September 2004
    aeolist wrote:
    Does anyone happen to know if the Xbox Live headset is PC compatable? It's all I have at the moment and it'd be perfect for this and ventrilo.
    ignore this if it was answered already, but I cant be bothered to read through all those pages.

You need to make/buy a usb adapter for your xbox controller, then you can just connect your headset to your controller (like normal) and connect your controller to your computer.
    I cant remember where I downloaded the drivers for the headset, but google it or pm me and I'll send them to you....

• kakomukakomu Registered User
    edited October 2004
    [6:41pm] <%Cody> "secretagentcodybanksr"
    [6:41pm] <%Cody> -drizzt

I have 50 Gmail invites. If you want one, PM or IM me.
    My game trading list.
    baf4.gif
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited October 2004
    Since this appears to be alive again, I've got skype. name on it is yalborap, but I don't have a headset so all you'll get is quality comedy radio I listen to.

• Fat PieFat Pie Registered User
    edited December 2004
    Downloaded.

Name: Fat_Pie.

• DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2005
    I looked over the other posts in this thread, but found little mention of headsets, so I'll recommend a line: the Plantronics .Audio headsets. Good sound and very good noise cancellation on the mic. CHeck in the "Computers" section of their website, www.plantronics.com .

• ociousocious Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Ondrae Ocious

Life is a ____ , depending on how you dress her.
124»
This discussion has been closed.