As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

-Gemfire-

[Assassination Attempt!][Assassination Attempt!] __BANNED USERS regular
edited March 2007 in Games and Technology
I just sat down last night and had an immediate craving for this game. I played as Gweyn and beat the entire thing in a four hour stint. I want to know if anyone else remembers playing this game, and if they were as captivated by it as I was.

You see, because this game I rented more times than I can count, i'd look for it in every rental place near where I lived as a kid and the only place that had it refused to let me purchase it. So i'd rent it, beat it with one family, return it, rent it beat it again with Tate or whatever. I was obsessed but the game is fucking awesome in subtle ways which are difficult to express.

It's the intrinsic albeit simple style of the game that captivates me it's the gameplay, the music, the art, the strategy. The 5th unit system and province system of cultivation happiness and protection. Getting your grain in the fall and selling in the winter, gold, moving troops, plundering, sabatoging, getting people to defect...so much fun.

GEMFIRE_001.jpg

Blanche family, the easiest family to win with.

1126365824-03.gif

They had randomized catastrophes and boons that could take place within a region of the Island of Ishmeria.

1126365823-02.gif

This is the 2nd best 5th unit in the game Pluvius, the Lyle family are his host.

mindliberator.png
[Assassination Attempt!] on

• Options
    DeswaDeswa Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I remember that game, it was awesome. Might wanna rephrase how you played this game.

Though I remember this on the PC.

Hotlink hotlink lol.

Deswa on
    gobassgo wrote:
    "It ain't rape, it's surprise sex!"
    wii : 3788 3264 2419 8070
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Me too.

I loved this game, and along with Defender of the Crown and Daisenryaku/Iron Storm on the Saturn, helped foster my unholy love for Strategy games.

Total Fire Emblem knock off at some places, but hey, it was in the US before Fire Emblem was. Great game. Glad someone esle hasn't forgotten it.

Sheep on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Loved this game on nintendo, still have it too. I should go play it.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    [Assassination Attempt!][Assassination Attempt!] __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Raslin wrote: »
    We don't talk about programs with fast-forwarding capabilities here, if you catch my drift. I suggest editing that out.

duly noted

[Assassination Attempt!] on
    mindliberator.png
  • Options
    TroubledTomTroubledTom regular
    edited March 2007
    Holy shit. I played it to completion but it certainly took more than 4 hours. But then again, I kept on playing after the fighting was over until all my characters died of old age.

TroubledTom on
    Wii friend code: 8704 3489 1049 8917
    Mario Kart DS: 3320 6595 7026 5000