As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rock Band]: 4 has been announced! Out this year!

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    That's how it's supposed to look on a PC (adjusting for size, of course).

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Ok, Modio obviously wasn't working for me.

Party Buffalo looks like it's doing what it is supposed to do for me. Time to fire up this thing.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    ...and it works! So many tracks with Harmonies now.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Do the updated RBN pro drum tracks just mean they are corrected with toms or do they also include roll lanes and stuff?

• Options
    espherespher NB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Do the updated RBN pro drum tracks just mean they are corrected with toms or do they also include roll lanes and stuff?

Just toms. At this point in time I have no plans to make changes that impact scoring that aren't fixes to broken charts. So, no roll lanes, no strum/trill lanes for GG&HT, etc.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
  • Options
    espherespher NB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Boo!

I may entertain the prospect of including these in an optional "extras/fixes" folder for my the deployment format I'm trying to put together, but unless the chart is straight up flawed or missing notes (ex. Learn to Fly's missing snare, Next to You's incorrectly aligned blue + pedal) I really didn't want to do anything that could impact the leaderboards, you know?

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project
  • Options
    The thing HMX should've added in RB3 was trill/strum lanes for all those fucking insano bullshit chartings.

I get your reasoning. I hate the result.

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2013
    I remember hearing somewhere but can't prove that the original intent was to have songs auto-trilled dynamically upon loading, but they couldn't come up with an algorithm that provided satisfactory results.

They had already recharted all the drums for pro, but there was an advantage to that: there's no opinion involved, it's either a tom or a cymbal. Menial work, but fast per track. Trill lanes are more opinion-based, and involve a lot more back-and forth, so it'd be more involved to go back and manually mark trills on guitar/drums.

The pro drums compatability wasn't even promised for older tracks at one point. Originally it was just going to be RB2-and-forward era tracks that already had the data. At some point they decided to patch it into all of the official tracks.

Anyway, someone want to play RB3 tonight?

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Also, anyone remember Bandfuse, and how it had the Rock Band instrument icons?

e5Wj7.jpg

According to Official Xbox Magazine, the developer actually has Harmonix's blessing to use those in their game.

• Options
    OXM still exists? Wow.

Anyway, there were some hints about next week's DLC:
    We got 2 (3?) hints at the livestream, so early prediction thread away!

hint 1, 2 songs!
    hint 2, 2 different bands that both have never been in a rock band game as DLC or on-disc
    small hint 3. HMXPope was really trying hard to get 1 of these bands in the game

So now is a perfect opportunity to get your hopes way too fucking high.
    Also, not Muse.

• Options
    Damn, and he talked trying to get a band into the game before a lot on the livestreams from last year. Wish I could remember what it was.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Bands that haven't been available in Rock Band? That narrows it down a bit.

• Options
    Somebody mentioned Hanson.

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    It's obvious it's zeppelin.

• Options
    Tommatt wrote: »
    It's obvious it's "Hulk Hogan's Theme".

• Options
    It's time for a contest!

Yes, it seems that symbolsor is a terrible ingrate* and doesn't want a code for DLC. So, this weekend, I'll be posting yet another question for y'all to answer. Get it right and you'll win the Foster the People pack for the 360** which includes Don't Stop (Color on the Walls), Helena Beat, and Pumped Up Kicks. I promise that the question will be less obscure this time.

That doesn't mean it'll be easy.

As a reminder, if you have Blitz, you already have Pumped Up Kicks. But the pack will add the other two song, too. (And yes, technically you'll have two copies of the Blitz track, but RB3 will only show one.)

*Turns out, he already has all the songs...ingrate.

**The code is for North America, so I can't guarantee it would work elsewhere.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Yes!

No?

Maybe.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    shutzshutz Registered User regular
    42!

Creativity begets criticism.
    Check out my new blog: http://50wordstories.ca
    Also check out my old game design blog: http://stealmygamedesigns.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Thinking about the possibility of DLC next week... a couple of bands at the moment that come to mind that fulfills the criteria would be...
    The Eagles and Tool.
    Both were in GH but not in RB.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Thinking about the possibility of DLC next week... a couple of bands at the moment that come to mind that fulfills the criteria would be...
    The Eagles and Tool.
    Both were in GH but not in RB.

Either of those would be pretty awesome, but any of the following would please me.
    Cake
    Chuck Berry
    Electric Light Orchestra
    Mumford & Sons
    Pink Floyd
    Supertramp
    Traveling Wilburys
    "Weird Al" Yankovic

(She/Her)
  • Options
    I would love me some Wilburys as well. But I was just think about the very narrow margin of "in a music game" and "not in Rock Band".

But Hell, maybe you're closer on the mark then I am. Guess we'll find out in a few hours.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    One Ringo track and one George track?

Then the Beatles will all be available in Rock Band <_<

If there was ever a Ringo track for RB, it'd probably be It Don't Come Easy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGlOUc0LTiE
    George's When We Was Fab would work well as a final song too.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    Hey gang,

On March 12th, American new wave band Oingo Boingo’s “Weird Science,” from the band’s fourth studio album, 1985’s Dead Man’s Party, will hit the Rock Band Music Store! Led by composer/vocalist Danny Elfman, Oingo Boingo wrote the track for the cult classic 1985 sci-fi comedy film of the same name.

Toto’s Grammy Award-winning single “Rosanna,” from the 1982 album Toto IV, will also be available! Both “Rosanna” and “Weird Science” will feature support for keyboards; an option Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrade will be available for “Weird Science” for an additional $0.99!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii, and PlayStation®3 system (March 12th, 2013):

• Oingo Boingo – “Weird Science” O X

• Toto – “Rosanna” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system March 13th)

Price:

$1.99 USD, £1.19 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

** Dates and Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

• Options
    "Rosanna" is a great tune. I'm sure it'll be fun to play and sing. I wish we could have gotten "Africa", but I can settle for "Rosanna".

• Options
    Noice

• Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    son of a bitch

Oingo Boingo at last. I would've liked Dead Man's Party more but I will not complain.

• Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    Both great tracks. "Only a Lad" would be my Oingo Boingo pick, but their choice is the obvious one.

Unfortunately, they are sure to map horns to the keys for Rosanna, which never feels right to me.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Man weird science would have been awesome to have when I was having RB parties

• Options
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Man weird science would have been awesome to have when I was having RB parties

Time to have another party!

• Options
    edited March 2013
    So here's me being all stupid and forgetting to post the question.

For a chance to win a code for the Foster the People pack which, again, includes Don't Stop (Color on the Walls), Helena Beat, and Pumped Up Kicks all you have to do is PM the answer to the following question:

When I hear the song Pumped Up Kicks, the lyrics remind me of a completely different song by a completely different artist. What is the song I am reminded of?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Dear god, you've gone all Bilbo on us.

That's not trivia, that's a freakin straight up Question.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    I never said it'd be trivia. It's more of a general music knowledge question.

And in this case, people aren't limited to a single guess. I'll try to post hints daily. There is, in fact, one already posted.

• Options
    Mr Blue Sky by ELO

Also, I fixed the typo in the title. Everyone calm down.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    next time on rock band trivia: homonym!

• Options
    symbolsorsymbolsor Registered User regular
    symbolsor is a terrible ingrate*

I am however pretty thankful for those other songs you shouted out to me. They're a bunch of fun. Let it be known that Santa really does give out presents.

<3

• Options
    Yes, well...

Answers! I demand answers!

• Options
    Hint #2: There is more than one answer, but there is only one song.

• Options
    Act Naturally by Ringo Starr

• Options
    Hint #3: The song is not DLC, but one of the artists that has recorded it is.