As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rock Band]: 4 has been announced! Out this year!

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Looks like the Rock Band twitter account might have gotten temporarily suspended due to sending too many tweets, trying to respond to everybody that was sending love their way.

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it is craziness right now. Still, it is an amazing indicator of the series. I will be honest: I had a knot in my throat for a bit.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    So I guess all the dreams of rocking out to Weird Al were not meant to be.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    So I guess all the dreams of rocking out to Weird Al were not meant to be.

Still have a few weeks to go. Maybe the last one?

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Wow, I am really surprised at how much real actual sadness I feel.

Bravo, Harmonix.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    [hope]
    Announcement says end of weekly updates, not end of all updates
    [/hope]

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Nocren wrote: »
    [hope]
    [/hope]

In the FAQ, they say no plans to resume updates unless something too-good-to-pass-up-on came along. Like, I dunno, Led Zeppelin begging them to get songs in the game or whatever.

• Options
    [hope]
    [/hope]

In the FAQ, they say no plans to resume updates unless something too-good-to-pass-up-on came along. Like, I dunno, Led Zeppelin begging them to get songs in the game or whatever.

For free.

• Options
    symbolsorsymbolsor Registered User regular
    Damn. It's been years of great DLC, I'll miss it.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    They're announcing April 2nd as the last release?

That is such a dick move :lol:

• Options
    People are gathering in the Harmonix twitch account's chat room hours before their weekly livestream.

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Just realized a possible great final song would be Welcome to the Jungle.

It was the first song shown for Rock Band, so it'd be pretty cool if it was the last.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Hmxhenry: @Maxontwit No pro on the last release because 1) there aren't a lot of people buying upgrades and 2) resources have already been shifted to other titles

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    They're streaming @ 6pm EST. They can't tweet it out because they hit the Twitter limit for the day.

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Just realized a possible great final song would be Welcome to the Jungle.

It was the first song shown for Rock Band, so it'd be pretty cool if it was the last.

That little factoid could be enough to scratch Axl's ego. Would be awesome, forgot that was shown way back when.

• Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    I need to play Rock Band 3.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Here is a FAQ they posted.
    hmxhenry wrote:
    As with the previous announcement regarding the wind down of RB DLC, we’ve tried to address as many of the expected questions in a convenient FAQ. You’ll find a number of anticipated topics addressed below, and we’ll be on hand to respond to other questions in this discussion thread. Hopefully this FAQ will serve as a helpful resource for people looking for more info.

1. Is this the end of Rock Band?

This is the end of weekly Rock Band DLC. Rock Band remains an essential part of the history of Harmonix, and the franchise will always be near and dear to our hearts. We don’t have any Rock Band titles in active development at the moment, and we’ll no longer be releasing weekly DLC, but you can expect us to continue to support the existing titles and the extensive song library. We’re not breaking up the band, but we are taking a break from 5+ years of weekly performances.

2. Why not switch to a monthly or semi-weekly DLC schedule instead?

As we transition more and more of our resources onto new projects in development, it’s not possible at this time to maintain that kind of regularity in DLC releases. The weekly release schedule is something that we are incredibly proud of, and we’ll be wrapping up DLC with over 275 weeks of consistent releases.

3. Is there any chance you’ll release Rock Band DLC again?

While we’re no longer actively pursuing content for release, we still have the technical capability should the right band and the right opportunity arise. We don’t have anything planned for release at the moment, but it’s not something we’ve ruled out.

4. Will the Rock Band Network continue to release content on a regular basis?

The current plan is for Harmonix to continue to support the backend technology that powers Rock Band Network on the Xbox 360 for the foreseeable future. Users on the Xbox 360 should be able to submit new content, test, and release as they have been for the last 3 years. It's important to note that this architecture relies on other technologies not directly in Harmonix's control, including the XNA architecture for submission. In the event that our ability to keep RBN up and running changes, we'll make sure to let everyone in the Creators community know with as much lead time as possible.

Unfortunately, PS3 submissions for RBN tracks are submitted in the same manner as standard Harmonix-released DLC and require constant Harmonix production attention. As a result, the last PS3 RBN release planned on our schedule is on April 2nd.

5. Are you shutting down Rock Central servers?

Rock Central servers, leaderboards, and the Music Store should continue to run without interruption for the foreseeable future.

6. What does this mean for the RockBand.com community on the forums?

We hope that RockBand.com will remain a meeting place for fans of the series. The forums will stay open, and posters can still expect to see Harmonix devs answering questions and engaging in conversation. Some outdated site features will likely be phased out in the coming weeks, and we’ll address those changes as they happen.

7. What will happen with Rock Band World and the content posted there?

Parts of Rock Band World will remain operational, but with weekly DLC ending we will no longer be updating with weekly Goals and Tournaments. We may update with additional Goals in the future, but they will be significantly less frequent.

8. What are you going to show on the livestreams in place of weekly DLC?

The livestreams have always been a platform for Harmonix content and we plan to continue on the same weekly schedule. We hope to use the livestream to showcase new Harmonix titles as we get closer to release, but it’s still likely we’ll be discussing Rock Band in some way, whether it’s running through the extensive back catalog, or interviewing devs, or hosting Q&As with the community. You can subscribe to the livestream here: twitch.tv/harmonixmusic

9. Do you have some big, crazy, extra special thing planned for the final DLC release?

We have DLC scheduled through the next few weeks, including what we feel is an appropriate track for the final release on April 2nd. Just prior to that, on Thursday March 21st, we’ll be hosting a big Rock Band show in Boston to coincide with PAX East. This event will be held at the Brattle Theater in Harvard Square, and it is open to non-PAX attendees as well, so keep posted for ticket preorder info in the next few days. Hopefully we’ll see a lot of you there!

10. What about these new IPs you’re working on? Are any of them Rock Band related / instrument based music games?

Harmonix has several new projects in the works, but unfortunately no Rock Band news at the moment. You can stay tuned to HarmonixMusic.com for future project announcements.

• Options
    I'm sad to see it go, but damn... 5 years...

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Another good prediction I've seen is Don't You Forget About Me by Simple Minds.

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    I'm absolutely speechless and I think depressed. Goodnight sweet prince. Rock in peace.

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    My prediction for the last song: Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    something cool they announced on the stream is that they're doing a "behind-the-scenes" panel at pax east.
    really getting into the licensing process and why/why-nots of certain bands, what happened to RB Japan/Pearl Jam, and so on.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Another prediction:

The End Has No End - The Strokes

• Options
    They said that the Valentine's Day pack and the Aerosmith pack were probably the biggest remaining DLC that they had for release this year, so I wouldn't expect the final song to be from a new, megaton artist.

• Options
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I haven't played Rock Band in a while, but its sad to see the DLC coming to an end, granted we knew it was coming. As for what they should put up for its final weekly release, I would absolutely love to see it be End of the Line by Traveling Wilburys. A Rock Band 3 version of Foreplay/Long Time would be cool as well and rather fitting, though something new would impress more people.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    Once it's over I'll rewrite my DLC Library guide.

• Options
    ErrorError Registered User regular
    Stairway to Heaven, by Heart.

• Options
    Well, I guess that confirms PS3 owners aren't going to be taking their DLC with them to the PS4.

• Options
    there will be no game to take them to on the PS4 anyways

• Options
    YOU AND YOUR DETAILS

• Options
    Doctor FinkDoctor Fink Bishounen Chewbacca Registered User regular
    If the final song isn't "Come Sail Away", then it's not the appropriate final DLC.

PSN: Doctor_Fink / Xbox Live:LieutenantDef / Steam: Doctor Fink
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I used the song suggestion page to recommend You're Breakin' My Heart by Harry Nilsson just to tell them what I think about their business plan.

I told them to ignore the final line.

• Options
    If the final song isn't "Come Sail Away", then it's not the appropriate final DLC.

Too bad they're no longer with Viacom....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFEn5eZg7eQ

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Shit. Guess I definitely need to get a new guitar and make sure my drums still work. Funny, I just listened to The Time We Had on youtube today and realized I haven't played RB in about a year.

Edit: WHAT A SHOCKER, they don't even carry non-Pro guitars for 360 anymore through Mad Catz. *sigh* Guess I know what I'm using some tax return money on.

Edit 2: It's $50 more for an Ion Drum Rocker kit than the RB3 drums? Yeah, I wonder which set I'll be buying.

Fawst on
  • Options
    My local BB still has a pro strat sitting on their shelves, collecting dust.

No midi-adapters though.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    I'd love to know why my guitar doesn't work. It just won't turn on. I'll have to bring it by my friend's house. He's been fixing arcade boards and handhelds for a while now as extra cash on the side. I'm guessing he should be able to figure out why it won't turn on with new batteries in it. Aside from that issue, the thing worked beautifully when I last used it. It was less than six months old when it just died.

• Options
    My local BB still has a pro strat sitting on their shelves, collecting dust.

No midi-adapters though.

Damn. EBay that shit.

• Options
    Yeah, how much are they selling it for? I can't believe there are any on shelves still.