As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Awesomenauts] definitely has the best theme music.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Well if you wanna add Albino Bunny on Steam I'll always be about.

Being playing a ton of other games right now but I do need to hop on and try Genji, he looks like a more aggressive Voltar which I can get behind.

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Sure, I'll add you when I get a chance to hop on my computer.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    I should get back on it and get my Gnaw on again.

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    I think they nerfed Gnaw this patch. Not that it will stop him being silly good.

They also buffed Rae's based snipe damage, because fuck logic Snipe is too much fun.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    They also buffed Rae's based snipe damage, because fuck logic Snipe is too much fun.

Where is the dislike button I would dislike and unawesome this a million times.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

Where is the dislike button I would dislike and unawesome this a million times.

It's set to stun, honest

Honestly I think it's a good change because it helps open up more build variety past 'spend all your gold ever on snipe damage'

• Options
    dspimonidspimoni Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Here's my problem: I just started playing this game, and it seems to have a rather steep learning curve. I want to get better, but have no idea how. (This is the first MOBA I have ever played). Any suggestions (other than quit, which a few of my opponents suggested when I mentioned I was new)?

dspimoni on
  • Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Pick a character you like playing as and stick with it. You should be able to find some guides to give you ideas on how to build them and what strategies to use. Learning what each characters abilities are and how they work goes a long way to helping you understand how to avoid and defend against them as well. Beyond that its just practice

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Basically stick with a character and learn to play really safe. Once you can get through a match just surviving and helping a little you can start to push more aggression.

• Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    I got this today, and spent an inordinate amount of time on it. It's a lot of fun. I can't decide who to main, really, though. All the characters are a lot of fun.

I do really like Gnaw, Froggy G, and Clunk, though. I thought I'd like the big viking guy, but I didn't set up a good build the first time I played him.

• Options
    Well all 3 of those characters are really good :p

I prefer Gnaw out of those 3 personally but I'd play around and unlock everyone before you settle down on a few to practice. Some characters 'best' builds aren't even do-able at lower levels.

• Options
    StrikaStrika Registered User regular
    This game is a lot of fun, especially with friends.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2013
    Strika wrote: »
    This game is a lot of fun, especially with friends.

We had a LAN a few weeks ago and someone had a 3-pack.

Then we bought another 3-pack.

There was much yelling.

Echo on
  • Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Anyone who is getting this from the humble bundle feel free to add me. Its great times with a group!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    I now have Awesomenauts thanks to Mojo. Someone point me at a place for guides on how to not suck.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    übergeek wrote: »
    I now have Awesomenauts thanks to Mojo. Someone point me at a place for guides on how to not suck.

Add Royal Canterlot Voice on steam.

The only true way to learn is to suck constantly until it stops sucking as hard.

Honestly if you're a DOTA player you should adjust reasonably fast. It's a very push and poke focused game for the most part.

• Options
    edited June 2013

Add Royal Canterlot Voice on steam.

The only true way to learn is to suck constantly until it stops sucking as hard.

Honestly if you're a DOTA player you should adjust reasonably fast. It's a very push and poke focused game for the most part.

I already added you an hour or two ago. Mojo gave me your name. You have not agreed to the friending.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Leon is so squishy early game, but oh boy, when he starts rolling, he starts rolling.

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Leon is so squishy early game, but oh boy, when he starts rolling, he starts rolling.

Leon can be quite rude when played well. So rude.

• Options
    I forgot to ask yesterday, do we have an Awesomenauts group?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Not that I'm aware of no.

• Options
    Ok, guess I'll go try this out solo since there's no chatroom to go and round people up.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Woo another win, this time from all our towers down to me leading Volt and the surfergirl to victory.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    KazitronKazitron Registered User regular
    So Ayla's been released now

Holy shit, she's fun to play, basically juggling your health while dealing crazy damage with Rage, then bursting people down with Evil Eye. Also, her theme is p cool
    She's squishy as all hell, though

• Options
    So, something has made the game unplayable. Get horrible lag in every match now and if the game goes long enough I lose connection.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    So I got this in the humble bundle, but got real frustrated when I got absolutely rolled my first game.

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    So I got this in the humble bundle, but got real frustrated when I got absolutely rolled my first game.

If you want add Royal Canterlot Voice on Steam and I'll happily play with you.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Ok, done. We can also do some Payday, although I am looking forward to the sequel.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Tried to carry 2 bads just now. I held the drill 10 minutes after our towers went down as the Sheriff.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Just had a game where it was stable the whole way through, and once it was apparent the host's team had lost, suddenly we got disconnected from some sort of packet loss. Is that thing? Forcing a disconnect to deny the enemy team the win?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Hey anybody still playing this? I just started a couple days ago despite having it for a while. Good ol' Steam backlog...
    I'm having a lot of fun with LoneStar, Gnaw, and Rhaelyn (sp?). Also liking Voltar and Genji pretty well though haven't had a ton of success in my one game with them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raelynn.

if you add Royal Canterlot Voice you can probably get me on for a game or two.

• Options
    Was going to try Rae, but I still need about.........26 levels to use the snipe build I wanted to use.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Was going to try Rae, but I still need about.........26 levels to use the snipe build I wanted to use.

The alternative is a timewarp build. That thing basically murders anyone if you hit them with it late game.

• Options

The alternative is a timewarp build. That thing basically murders anyone if you hit them with it late game.

Not sure I like the idea of having to get close enough to deploy it.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I got a triple with it once.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    So, I made it to tier 3 with just Lonestar.....and now I'm losing about 75% of the time because the enemy team knows how to abuse stuff like Coco or spike killing people through floors and such. My last quick battle the enemy were tiers 3 3 and 3. My team was 3 3 and 9. Thankfully steam lost connection because I didn't want to finish playing out that stomp. So Lonestar is rarely able to carry, Clunk is largely the same. Rae looks fun but is no good when the rest of the team is garbage and can't even attempt to meatshield a bit for you.

Advice?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Ugh....this is just no fun anymore. I think I'm going to backburner this unless I can play with you guys from now on. Teammates are feeding like it's a buffet, going in solo against the whole enemy team.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    Dude, Clunk doesn't carry? Deactivate your aggression inhibitors there's nothing clunk does not do. I try other nauts sometimes but I always get bored real fast because they're not Clunk. They nerfed him heavily with all the hp reductions but he's still a beast, now you'll just have to be fine with 250% everyone elses health instead of 350%.

Rae and gnaw are dicks to Clunk but they'll die just like all the rest if they ever get caught, and unlike everyone else clunk can eat their harass. Space station is friggin' owned by Clunk. I just... The nerf hit him (and it was totally justified) but he's just soooooo goooooood. You have more damage and health than anyone else in the game.

If you want to have some fun you should try the build I go when I'm screwing around, Coco with lifesteal autoattacks. Pour everything into your autoattacks with lifesteal, now no one can ever beat you in melee combat and you heal up instantly from their creeps. It's reeeaaaally good against sustained damage dealers. Watch your weak early game and farm.

With Clunk just... Start killing people, continue killing people, farm all the lanes, destroy all the towers... And you should own the jungle too! Especially those boss creeps on that one level which Clunk can probably solo earliest of any naut. Get the speed upgrade immediately.

• Options
    Vic_Hazard wrote: »
    Dude, Clunk doesn't carry? Deactivate your aggression inhibitors there's nothing clunk does not do. I try other nauts sometimes but I always get bored real fast because they're not Clunk. They nerfed him heavily with all the hp reductions but he's still a beast, now you'll just have to be fine with 250% everyone elses health instead of 350%.

Rae and gnaw are dicks to Clunk but they'll die just like all the rest if they ever get caught, and unlike everyone else clunk can eat their harass. Space station is friggin' owned by Clunk. I just... The nerf hit him (and it was totally justified) but he's just soooooo goooooood. You have more damage and health than anyone else in the game.

If you want to have some fun you should try the build I go when I'm screwing around, Coco with lifesteal autoattacks. Pour everything into your autoattacks with lifesteal, now no one can ever beat you in melee combat and you heal up instantly from their creeps. It's reeeaaaally good against sustained damage dealers. Watch your weak early game and farm.

With Clunk just... Start killing people, continue killing people, farm all the lanes, destroy all the towers... And you should own the jungle too! Especially those boss creeps on that one level which Clunk can probably solo earliest of any naut. Get the speed upgrade immediately.

The problem I'm finding is that everyone is going all in for the early game, and Clunk is not an early game hero. If the enemy team decides to just focus me as they have been doing, I'm so level and cash starved I'm useless. Might try that Coco build though, haven't tried her yet.

camo_sig.png