As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unusual death [chat]

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    like when I see DMSO I slowly back away from the lab bench
    its glove soluble
    its bad stuff
    and you use it to work with prions and all kinds of shit
    NO THANKS

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Chemistry is scary shit.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Chemistry is scary shit.

We should forbid it as heresy.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Guysamericankitchenandbar.com

5PNIiFT.jpg
    is fake

If you can eat here, you're a shark.

Can
    Not
    Wait
    3/8/13 the Organichu gastropocalypse

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    one of my older chats was a limnic eruption chat

inspired by that unusual death entry and the article on limnic eruptions

that shit is fucking awesome

they should make a movie about that

or like, an episode of Supernatural where they're like "okay clearly that's demons"

but nope, it's just that nature is horrible and wants us all to die screaming

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I had the adderall prescription in my hand.

It was right there.

I gave it to the pharmacist.

"We'll get it filled"

20 minutes later

"Oh lol, sorry your insurance requires prior physician's approval..we faxed it off..it'll be ready sometime this week..."

"but..isn't a prescription by its very nature prior approval..."

*blank stare*

FML

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    5: Hypatia of Alexandria, Greek mathematician, philosopher and last librarian of the Library of Alexandria, was murdered by a Christian mob that ripped off her skin with sharp sea-shells. Various types of shells have been named, including clams, oysters and abalones. Other sources claim tiles or pottery shards were used.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    FjXK8jm.png

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

It was right there.

"We'll get it filled"

20 minutes later

"Oh lol, sorry your insurance requires prior physician's approval..we faxed it off..it'll be ready sometime this week..."

*blank stare*

FML

How is a prescription from a physician not physician's approval

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I feel like dorf fortress in super fast forward would just look like matrix symbols.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Yeah, DMSO is fucking nuts.

Here, let's dissolve any organic compound on your skin and absorb it into your bloodstream

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I like the guy who died laughing watching his drunk horse eat figs

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    now that's a man who truly appreciates the finer things

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »

interesting that it's only on the mobile site

• Options
    hopefully someone hasn't BEATEN ME TO THAT ONE TOO

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Senjutsu wrote: »

It was right there.

"We'll get it filled"

20 minutes later

*blank stare*

FML

tOgR50W.jpg

Ludious on
  • Options

It was right there.

"We'll get it filled"

20 minutes later

*blank stare*

FML

That's your insurance making a last ditch attempt to keep you from making them pay for pills for the rest of your life.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

It was right there.

"We'll get it filled"

20 minutes later

*blank stare*

FML

His state has a bit of a prescription drug problem so they get stupid.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I don't think I like this whole wheat pasta.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

I like it.

• Options
    It's for the best, turns out my wellbutrin has raised my blood pressure back through the roof so I gotta get back on my old blood pressure meds until I can get back to my regular doctor.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

requires good sauce

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    its glove soluble
    its bad stuff
    NO THANKS

have you seen this blog fuzzy?

http://pipeline.corante.com/archives/things_i_wont_work_with/

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    It's for the best, turns out my wellbutrin has raised my blood pressure back through the roof so I gotta get back on my old blood pressure meds until I can get back to my regular doctor.

The Lord Jesus was awatchin' over you.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular

It was right there.

"We'll get it filled"

20 minutes later

*blank stare*

FML
    1w7B0EQ.jpg

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

I like it.
    It has a better bite and mouthfeel than gaijin pasta

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Prescriptions can be forged if, like if you steal a Dr's notepad or something.

Lower-schedule drugs they probably wouldn't have cared. But Adderall is an amphetamine, so there you go.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    pensi

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Chanus wrote: »

The Lord Jesus was awatchin' over you.

white privilege extends even into the the celestial realms

suck it, Ethiopia

Ludious on
  • Options

It was right there.

"We'll get it filled"

20 minutes later

*blank stare*

FML

tOgR50W.jpg

Prior authorization. The insurance company wants to know why you're being prescribed that drug and why you're not using an alternative.

• Options
    I hate blue cross blue shield

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    its glove soluble
    its bad stuff
    NO THANKS

have you seen this blog fuzzy?

http://pipeline.corante.com/archives/things_i_wont_work_with/

I was about to link this but got distracted by reading it instead
    In a comment to my post on putting out fires last week, one commenter mentioned the utility of the good old sand bucket, and wondered if there was anything that would go on to set the sand on fire. Thanks to a note from reader Robert L., I can report that there is indeed such a reagent: chlorine trifluoride.

I have not encountered this fine substance myself, but reading up on its properties immediately gives it a spot on my “no way, no how” list. Let's put it this way: during World War II, the Germans were very interested in using it in self-igniting flamethrowers, but found it too nasty to work with. It is apparently about the most vigorous fluorinating agent known, and is much more difficult to handle than fluorine gas. That’s one of those statements you don’t get to hear very often, and it should be enough to make any sensible chemist turn around smartly and head down the hall in the other direction.

The compound also a stronger oxidizing agent than oxygen itself, which also puts it into rare territory. That means that it can potentially go on to “burn” things that you would normally consider already burnt to hell and gone, and a practical consequence of that is that it’ll start roaring reactions with things like bricks and asbestos tile. It’s been used in the semiconductor industry to clean oxides off of surfaces, at which activity it no doubt excels.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Prescriptions can be forged if, like if you steal a Dr's notepad or something.

Lower-schedule drugs they probably wouldn't have cared. But Adderall is an amphetamine, so there you go.

usually that a pharmacy call's the Dr's office to confirm thing, not an insurance company thing

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    @So It Goes
    1947: The Collyer Brothers, extreme cases of compulsive hoarders, were found dead in their home in New York. The younger brother, Langley, was crushed to death when he accidentally triggered one of his own booby traps that had consisted of a large pile of objects, books, and newspapers. His blind and paralyzed brother Homer, who had depended on Langley for care, died of starvation some days later

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i want adderall because i want to be a laserbeam

is that so wrong

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

all insurance companies are unspeakably evil in the US, as far as I can tell

• Options

it's not bcbs that's doing that, it's your carrier. Anthem or Humana or whoever.

• Options

It was right there.

"We'll get it filled"

20 minutes later

*blank stare*

FML

tOgR50W.jpg

Prior authorization. The insurance company wants to know why you're being prescribed that drug and why you're not using an alternative.

The solution here is to be prescribed Strattera so your insurance company will mail you bucketfuls of Adderall as an alternative.

• Options

it's not bcbs that's doing that, it's your carrier. Anthem or Humana or whoever.

but my carrier..is BCBS?

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Whole wheat pasta exists only to remind you why we don't use whole wheat flour to make pasta.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
This discussion has been closed.