Hello, you may now embed "gifv" simply by pasting the link (same as youtube). Enjoy!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Step off my [Vice Thread]

So some of you may have seen the coca-cola "Let's Come Together" ad, acknowledging that they are part of the obesity problem in America:



It's a nice little acknowledgement, with admittedly some corporate speak thrown in there because hey let's not get crazy, they still have a business to run. Now some of you may have also seen the "Honest" version of this ad that's been going around social media sites:



This one is a far more biting look at specifically Coke's diet drinks, and attributes a lot of nasty side effects to them that have mostly been discredited by various agencies.

I bring this up because I drink a lot of Diet Soda. I'm talking maybe 9 or so cans a day. When these videos started going around, friends and family began bombarding me with links to them, and calling me to tell me I am killing myself.

Now I'm not upset that friends want to help me not hurt myself, but it does drive me crazy that they think I'm not smart enough to do the research myself to see if this is really bad for me. Nearly every claim levied at Aspartame has been dismissed by multiple authorities as either conjecture or poorly performed studies (Check out The Aspartame Controversy page on Wikipedia for info). Everyone's got vices, things we do that we know aren't particularly good for us, but we've all got reasons we indulge in them anyway, and most of us are aware of the possible side effects.

So SE, what are your vices? Why are they bad for you and why do you say "Fuck it, doin it anyway"? I like soda cause it's tasty and helps me get my job done, and I don't give an eff because I eat fairly well and take care of myself otherwise.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
«134567

Posts

  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    fucking bitches AND getting paid

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
    HunteraeddizhereFutoreStraightziTrippyJingKadithMuse Among MenBucketman
  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    i drink a coke zero every day with dinner cause i gotta have something with a coke flavor and also probably too much beer because well beer is real cool

    BroloWalt
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    coke is my vice

    kT7K5s4.gif
  • Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Sweet mother Make it happenRegistered User regular
    I like rich food and soda though I try to stick to one or two diet/lower-calorie sodas a day

    I am also fond of a nice whisky

  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

    the-place-beyond-the-pines-03_thumb_zps3d4e0ec7.jpg
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    The Cow King
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    I have a Craftsman 4 1/2'' bench model on my working table at home. Professional model. Good for all kinds of repair work and chores.

    AneurhythmiaFutoreMaximumThe GeekYaYainterrobangStraightziKadithThe BetgirlZyrelaxVegemyteAl_watTallaclasseeA Dabble Of TheloniusHacksawHellaJeff
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal Flo-ridaRegistered User regular
    Coca Cola is the master of weasel words. To the point where I can no longer begrudge it but just have to stand back and admire the extent to which they can not tell the truth and not lie at the same time.

    I drink 2-3 cokes a day

    My girlfriend drinks something like 5-7 diet cokes a day and diet soda bugs the shit out of me to no end

    I think it's worse for you than the real stuff, in terms of overall health

    yeah if you drink 5 regular cokes you'll get fatter

    XBL: Jasconius87 /// Steam: Jasconius
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    i drink a coke zero every day with dinner cause i gotta have something with a cock flavor and also probably too much beer because well beer is real cool

    Kwoaru
  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    Porn's pretty good.

    FutoreHeadCreepsYaYaGatsbyTrippyJingNeoToma
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Coca Cola is the master of weasel words. To the point where I can no longer begrudge it but just have to stand back and admire the extent to which they can not tell the truth and not lie at the same time.

    I drink 2-3 cokes a day

    My girlfriend drinks something like 5-7 diet cokes a day and diet soda bugs the shit out of me to no end

    I think it's worse for you than the real stuff, in terms of overall health

    yeah if you drink 5 regular cokes you'll get fatter

    Can I ask why you think this?

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the Devil hit his knees and say the Our Father. Registered User regular
    I love Sobe drinks. Especially citrus energy and orange/carrot.

    acpRlGW.jpg291.gif
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: SkinnerSweet
    ChincymcchillaHeadCreeps
  • AphostileAphostile Registered User regular
    If I have to hear that diet sodas make you crave sweet things/sugar again...

    Tinychat is dead. Long live Tinychat. D3 BTag: Aphostile#1366 : Steam - ADD ME JERKS : | Xbox Live : LastAphostile | PS4 : Aphostile
    ChincymcchillaDruhimThe Good Doctor Tran
  • MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I drink a lot, I guess.

    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
    Straightzi
  • monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    I do tons and tons of coke while shooting up heroin.

    This is pretty much a constant occurrance every single work day.

  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    I'm down to drinking very few Mt Dews and sodas in general, maybe one or two a week. But it's always easy to do this in winter than summer.

    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • AntimatterAntimatter Registered User regular

  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I love Sobe drinks. Especially citrus energy and orange/carrot.

    My college's cafeteria overstocked on these and I bought a crate of the fruit punch ones from them for like 10 bucks at the end of a school year.

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Bourbon

    HunterMalReynoldsDongs GaloreYoSoyTheWalrusFutoreSwillTallaclasseeHacksaw
  • MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I drink a lot, I guess.

    On the flip side, I also work out 4-6x a week and I otherwise take excellent care of myself. I just drink when I'm bored, which happens pretty frequently, and it's easier to shut down the overactive parts of my brain that crave stimulation than it is to find adequate challenge or entertainment.

    So I'm weirdly lazy like that.

    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    I do basically everything too much

    So I don't keep booze around and I don't buy cigarettes and I do my best to limit "hobby expenses" like mtg or video games and I eat too much/poorly

  • denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    Jameson and ecstasy.

    YoSoyTheWalrusinterrobang
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Most of the food I eat is.. I don't want to say terrible, because it's not like I'm eating McDonald's three times a day, but it's certainly not particularly healthy. I don't eat enough of it to get fat, thanks to a fast metabolism, but it can't be healthy, and if I don't change it by the time my metabolism slows down I am fucked.

    http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaykaos This is my steam profile.
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    That Coke advert feels like one of these.

  • WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Chincy, why do you consider diet drinks a vice?

    1LRdqui.png
  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    I don't download nearly as much porn as I used to, though. In fact, nowadays I hardly download any!

  • B_RB_R Registered User regular
    Notice how there isn't a single fat adult in the video.

  • monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I don't download nearly as much porn as I used to, though. In fact, nowadays I hardly download any!

    Behold, the power of streaming media.

    MorivetheddizhereFutoregtrmpGatsbyTrippyJingThe BetgirlNeoTomaMortal Sky
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I don't download nearly as much porn as I used to, though. In fact, nowadays I hardly download any!

    That's because you already downloaded it all.

    Alt joke: Yeah it's easier to stream these days.

    http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaykaos This is my steam profile.
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Chincy, why do you consider diet drinks a vice?

    They aren't really by themselves, its the quantity I drink and the fact that I don't drink enough water because of it.

    And though most of what people say about them (cause cancer, neruological damage) isn't true, they do have HUGE amounts of sodium, and at my intake its possible I could experience kidney damage at some point.

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    I smoke weed on the daily, multiple times a day.

    On my days off, I pretty much constantly toke on my pipe. There has been more than one day in my life that I've had multiple personal blunts.

    But I'm not the "Let's get high and chill" kind of guy. I'm more of a "Let's get high and fucking go do some things" kind of guy.

    Walt
  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    monsterror wrote: »
    I smoke weed on the daily, multiple times a day.

    On my days off, I pretty much constantly toke on my pipe. There has been more than one day in my life that I've had multiple personal blunts.

    But I'm not the "Let's get high and chill" kind of guy. I'm more of a "Let's get high and fucking go do some things" kind of guy.

    LET'S GET HIGH AND EAT THESE CHIPS

  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    monsterror wrote: »
    I smoke weed on the daily, multiple times a day.

    On my days off, I pretty much constantly toke on my pipe. There has been more than one day in my life that I've had multiple personal blunts.

    But I'm not the "Let's get high and chill" kind of guy. I'm more of a "Let's get high and fucking go do some things" kind of guy.

    LET'S GET HIGH AND EAT THESE CHIPS

    LET'S GET HIGH AND FILE THESE TAX RETURNS

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    monsterrorStraightziHellaJeff
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow We know we weren't the first ones here. Our stories speak of ones that came before, the Old OnesRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty much exclusively on diet soda and have been all my life

    I just prefer the taste of it, honestly, nothing to do with the calories

    I'll get regular Coke or Pepsi when I'm at a restaurant but only because the ice waters it down

    My biggest vice is, don't bring me anywhere that has one of those Coke Freestyle machines

    Because they give me easy access to Vanilla Coke and when that happens I'm not responsible for what occurs

    mniYb2s.jpg?1
    PSN: UnbreakableVow | Wii U: UnbreakableVow26 | 3DS: 4914-5955-2557
  • David_TDavid_T Registered User regular
    Prostitutes.

    I mean... diet coke. Yeah.

    Actually, my vice would probably be Cult Cola, which is a high-in-caffeine "energy cola" that I drink because I honestly like the taste, not because I feel the caffeine actually do much for me. And the taste isn't even good, it's just... right.

    Also fatty foods.

    steam_sig.png
  • monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    All I'm saying is that I don't think I'm the stereotypical stoner. I am an intelligent, active, professional individual who is very good at most things

    who happens to also smoke a lot of pot.

  • monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    monsterror wrote: »
    I smoke weed on the daily, multiple times a day.

    On my days off, I pretty much constantly toke on my pipe. There has been more than one day in my life that I've had multiple personal blunts.

    But I'm not the "Let's get high and chill" kind of guy. I'm more of a "Let's get high and fucking go do some things" kind of guy.

    LET'S GET HIGH AND EAT THESE CHIPS

    LET'S GET HIGH AND FILE THESE TAX RETURNS

    Yes, I did this.

    But when I was done I was all, "LET'S GET HIGH AND GO CLIMB SOME ROCKS."

  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I gave up soda for gatorade until I found out gatorade is just as bad for you, if not worse.

    Now I just drink out of the toilet.

  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow We know we weren't the first ones here. Our stories speak of ones that came before, the Old OnesRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    I gave up soda for gatorade until I found out gatorade is just as bad for you, if not worse.

    Now I just drink out of the toilet.

    Is that code for Dr. Pepper

    mniYb2s.jpg?1
    PSN: UnbreakableVow | Wii U: UnbreakableVow26 | 3DS: 4914-5955-2557
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    I gave up soda for gatorade until I found out gatorade is just as bad for you, if not worse.

    Now I just drink out of the toilet.

    Is that code for Dr. Pepper

    Nah, Tab.

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Maximum
«134567
Sign In or Register to comment.