As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Voyage [chat]

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    "Shuffle All" is so weird. Drum n bass -> Ani DiFranco -> Method Man -> Jah Wobble -> STS9

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    awwww sheitttt Dub Fx

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    tumblr_mg26kfeE4U1rdai0ro1_1280.jpg

Civ? You get in that weird state where you have units still sitting around un-upgraded but the age has progressed so generals are riding around in jeeps.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    I always wanted to make a really jean-and-leathered-up punk band and call them The Turnbull AC's

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    "Shuffle All" is so weird. Drum n bass -> Ani DiFranco -> Method Man -> Jah Wobble -> STS9

let me try:

"Shuffle All"

Express Yourself -> Express Yourself -> Express Yourself -> Express Yourself -> Express Yourself -> Express Yourself -> Express Yourself

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    I'm almost done installing Nagios on ALL THE SERVERS and this very last one the service wont start

stahp

it's Friday

wat ar u doin server

Just make sure nagios is set up to do phone call notifications to whoever made you set them up at the slightest issue.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    y2jake

i wish i could awesome that post twice

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    @TL DR Cranberry juice? Really?

Get a flight to Seattle. We will go out and get fucking blitzed, make a real weekend out of it.
    y2jake215 wrote: »

let me try:

"Shuffle All"

Express Yourself -> Express Yourself -> Express Yourself -> Express Yourself -> Express Yourself -> Express Yourself -> Express Yourself
    At first, I was thinking NWA, and then I realized it was you, Jake, so it must be...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsVcUzP_O_8

Thanatos on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

I find my iTunes tends to cluster on shuffle.

It'll be like

Something > Superchunk > Superchunk > Superchunk > Something > Superchunk > Superchunk > Something

And, like, I like Superchunk... but if that's all I wanted to listen to, I'd have made a playlist, you silly software.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    I'm almost done installing Nagios on ALL THE SERVERS and this very last one the service wont start

stahp

it's Friday

wat ar u doin server

Just make sure nagios is set up to do phone call notifications to whoever made you set them up at the slightest issue.

right now it e-mails me if there's an issue

because someone thought that would be cute

I have yet to determine who, and I have no arch nemesis yet so it will be fun when I find out

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    chance of snow flurries tomorrow.
    stupid canadians and their stupid jet streams.

Snow outside today was frozen solid.

Suck it!

488W936.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Beverly Hills Cop Zwei

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Pretty:

age_of_empires_town_center_by_jonasjensenart-d483l81.jpg

aRkpc.gif
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Beverly Hills Cop Zwei

Cop in Beverly Hills Harder.

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Apparently my resume is still floating around Google. Some woman just called me to offer me another interview. I turned her down, because the position she described was a lot more testing than development oriented. I would've leaped at the chance to go again if it was for another development position, haha.

@Thanatos I overdid it last weekend, so I'm planning on practicing restraint. At least until the weather breaks and I'm not still battling whatever microbe has taken up residence in my sinuses.

My neighbor threw a party on Saturday. Funnily, I had just been thinking 'oh hey I haven't drank to the point of getting sick since like 2010'

and beer was like "Oh, hello Tim's ego. I've missed you."

edited March 2013
    Not having snow the evening before a hundred and thirty mile journey is pretty great.

RMS Oceanic on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Civ? You get in that weird state where you have units still sitting around un-upgraded but the age has progressed so generals are riding around in jeeps.

Age of Kings. One of the cheats spawns a car.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    I always wanted to make a really jean-and-leathered-up punk band and call them The Turnbull AC's

this is my favorite possession

vUYQZxnl.jpg

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Oh dip, I need to take my rent check over to my landlord's apartment!

Lh96QHG.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Also hello chat.

It's been a busy day.

Lh96QHG.png
    Oh dip, I need to take my rent check over to my landlord's apartment!

Direct Debits for bills is pretty great.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Not having snow the evening before a hundred and thirty mile journey is pretty great.

I'm about to hit the road for a journey of similar length.

Also no snow, but that would've been REALLY bizarre.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Pretty:

age_of_empires_town_center_by_jonasjensenart-d483l81.jpg

Is this fan art? If this was concept art for an HD Age of Empires 2 I would give all the dicks.

488W936.png
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »

Is this fan art? If this was concept art for an HD Age of Empires 2 I would give all the dicks.

see, I was just thinking "If the game looked like that, I'd play it"

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    huh

if they released another AoE II I might buy a video game for the first time in like a decade

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    But it wasn't so bad, even though I was sick as a dog. Made it to Sunday yoga at 2 and then headed out to my friend's place. His parents have some property and we blasted music outside and slacklined and played pool, and I was able to snag a gigantic bag of woodchips that a tree service had dropped off.

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Thanatos I overdid it last weekend, so I'm planning on practicing restraint. At least until the weather breaks and I'm not still battling whatever microbe has taken up residence in my sinuses.

My neighbor threw a party on Saturday. Funnily, I had just been thinking 'oh hey I haven't drank to the point of getting sick since like 2010'

@TL DR Thanatos would like to introduce Tim's ego to "Thanatos' favorite local dive bars." One of them serves liter beers, if that's your thing, or ridiculously strong mixed drinks. Also, godawful tequila; probably the 5th- or 6th-worst I've had, named after the murder capital of Mexico.

I'm just saying, Tim's ego sounds like a pretty good guy to hang out with. :bz

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »

Get a flight to Seattle. We will go out and get fucking blitzed, make a real weekend out of it.

let me try:

"Shuffle All"

At first, I was thinking NWA, and then I realized it was you, Jake, so it must be...

At first it seems like a great idea, bunch of hot dudes doing heavy manual labor while being splashed with convenient water.

Then you realize it's a dystopic prison planet where the average life expectancy before succumbing to a horrible fungal death is like 2 months.

Madonna is the warden, she sits in a dry office with her cat while feeding off the despair and dancing.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    tumblr_mg26kfeE4U1rdai0ro1_1280.jpg

There was a cheat code in Age of Empires that gave you a car

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Pretty:

Oh, give all the dicks.

I read give differently at first and was about to be all :winky:

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    guys @Thomamelas or anyone could please tell @Elldren that I am posting from my pohne, my connection has gone to shit.

rRwz9.gif
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    At first it seems like a great idea, bunch of hot dudes doing heavy manual labor while being splashed with convenient water.

Then you realize it's a dystopic prison planet where the average life expectancy before succumbing to a horrible fungal death is like 2 months.

Madonna is the warden, she sits in a dry office with her cat while feeding off the despair and dancing.

sorry, i didn't hear you over the sound of young madonna crawling around naked on a leash

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    sadly the news is limited to "may be released on steam with steamcheevos"

probably just netcode and minor engine updates

though I agree, game with that art would be rad. This was already achievable in 2001 in 3D, come on:

e3-2001-029.jpg

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
    Thanatos I overdid it last weekend, so I'm planning on practicing restraint. At least until the weather breaks and I'm not still battling whatever microbe has taken up residence in my sinuses.

@TL DR Thanatos would like to introduce Tim's ego to "Thanatos' favorite local dive bars." One of them serves liter beers, if that's your thing, or ridiculously strong mixed drinks. Also, godawful tequila; probably the 5th- or 6th-worst I've had, named after the murder capital of Mexico.

I'm just saying, Tim's ego sounds like a pretty good guy to hang out with. :bz

<3

Tim's ego rages

Tim is a finnicky bitch nowadays, though, so you have to trick him with lures like 'going out dancing' and 'oh hey it's my birthday!' to get him more than 2 drinks in.

edited March 2013
    Today, I fail at foruming.

Feral on

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    guys @Thomamelas or anyone could please tell @Elldren that I am posting from my pohne, my connection has gone to shit.

I think you got hijacked dude

fuck gendered marketing
    tumblr_mixtg0WFZu1qcbo9lo1_500.jpg

9pr1GIh.jpg?1

let me try:

"Shuffle All"

MUCH better dystopic present - New Orleans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKaL7WL-onI

NSFW unless your work digs bouncin' butts

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i remember that cheat

VIPER or something like that

i'm gonna be honest: i do not generally enjoy difficult RTS's (or difficult video games in general)

i often cheat myself senseless in singleplayer games

i dunno what it is

i like being challenged in my other media tastes, i like tricky programming problems... but something about my personality doesn't dig mega hard videogames, most of the time (stuff like braid being the rare exception)

This discussion has been closed.