As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Drakengard Series Discussion] Death from above, insanity from below.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Speaking of DLC, I believe the last bit of it showed up today, including the Pre-Order stuff, like the Caim costume, Kainé's Costume and all that.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I've heard it's fascinating, but absurdly short.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I'd wait.

Oh absolutely. As much as I love the series, I don't really want to end up paying $120 for the game, and right now I can't afford to anyways

Man, the final survival is very, very hard. I've only made it half way, so far. I wish it'd let you keep what you earned even if you got killed, so that just doing survival 3 over and over wasn't a better choice for money.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Blitzed endings B and C. yeeeeesh. Speculation is the D1 connection is this,and I'm inclined to agree after seeing ending C:
    The true final boss of D1 is Zero. She needs a dragon to kill her...and it destroys the world.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    And entire month and a half late, Digital River finally got my Limited Edition to me. Gotta say, I like the book.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Got every weapon. The gate's open.

Let's do this.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Heh.

Heh.

Good luck.

• Options
    The cooking argument in Lost Verse 1 is amazing.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    Godspeed CJ!!

FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    A lot of the lost verse camp scenes are great, in large part because you get to have the entire cast there for all of them.

Cent is just a delicious spice to any conversation

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Defeated two sisters so far, early impressions:

1. This game is absolutely hilarious.
    2. Zero is kinda a bitch. Maybe. Kinda. Sorta.
    3. Boss themes require turning the TV volume way way up and jamming out while you kill them.

• Options
    Path D is a lot longer than I expected.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    This is some Grade A scary ish.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Done. Bite me, Taro.
    I had to use the timing guide, but hey. Eff that eight note string.

Sync it for the win.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    Congrats! May want to spoiler that video though.
    The 8-note strings were tough for me for awhile too, but then I just counted 1234, 1234 when doing them instead of 12345678, they became manageable. The REAL last gate for me was the 123456 (beat) 7 at the end. That really broke me

Thematically I think the last boss is actually pretty damn amazing. Mechanically though? Gaaaaahhh

FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    Agreed. The spectacle is amazing. If only they had made it a little less evil. Either add checkpoints or less sadistic charts.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I know this isn't exactly drakengard, but I ordered Nier off the interwebs, and I just finished it to the point of ending A. This game is much better than I expected (and I didn't expect it to be bad, I just didn't expect to cry so much).

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    I know this isn't exactly drakengard, but I ordered Nier off the interwebs, and I just finished it to the point of ending A. This game is much better than I expected (and I didn't expect it to be bad, I just didn't expect to cry so much).

Keep going.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    I'm actually pretty astounded at how good the acting is. It's also really refreshing having likable main characters in a jrpg for a change.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Yeah, the localization is pretty great.

You're going to need a box of tissues for the rest of the endings, if it's already getting you misty on path A...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I'm actually pretty astounded at how good the acting is. It's also really refreshing having likable main characters in a jrpg for a change.

Heh. D3 doesn't have the likable characters(well, in that they're not anything approaching nice), but the localization is just as great.

And yeah, you have to at least see Ending B. The sidequests are worth doing as well.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I've 100%'ed the side quests in the first playthrough, unless there are more of them later.

The part in ending a that made me sad was the stuff with Emile. I don't expect anything to get any happier though, I know this is Cavia we're dealing with.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I really want to re-play NieR but feel like I should do it on the PS3 (since now I have one and i dont wanna hook up my 360 again), and jeez it is impossible for me to find a copy anywhere.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    I got mine on Amazon new for cheap.

• Options
    I've 100%'ed the side quests in the first playthrough, unless there are more of them later.

The part in ending a that made me sad was the stuff with Emile. I don't expect anything to get any happier though, I know this is Cavia we're dealing with.

It's way too late to stop.
    No one stops.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular

Keep going.

I will finish Neir someday. It apparently has some mind blowing ending that everyone keeps hush hush.

• Options
    Have you gotten any of the endings at all?

• Options
    Finally procured a copy of Drakengard 2 off Ebay.

Yeah, I know.

I'll judge for myself.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

Keep going.

I will finish Neir someday. It apparently has some mind blowing ending that everyone keeps hush hush.
    PINK flowers!

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I am not looking at that spoiler.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

It's way too late to stop.
    No one stops.
    Oddly, Emile is the one thing that DOESN'T get more depressing. Just the opposite!

...Well, there was also going to be the secret ending, but they didn't manage to fit that one into the final game, so yeah. Emile is the one bit that gets happier.

Good thing, because Cavia has not yet begun to punch you in the gut.

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Nier's ending D is a masterpiece. That's all I'm going to say.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I wonder if the "book about the big tree" that's referenced in some of Yonah's diary entries is The Giving Tree. It seems unlikely, since the game is Japanese, but it seems to fit her descriptions and I wouldn't be surprised if Shel Silverstein's work has been brought to Japan.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I am not looking at that spoiler.

It was a joke based on achievement completion, no worries.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Nier's ending D is one f the best endings I've experienced in gaming.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    xCnuYWD.jpg

I'll have thoughts by this evening.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    These are definitely the two most sane protagonists I've ever seen. Even Nowe's dragon appears, gasp, normal.

Like Michael prior to becoming Mikhail.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Yeah, but for Drakengard, sane=boring.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Also, that doesn't last.

I'm sure saying as much isn't too bad of a spoiler given, you know.

• Options
    Honestly my biggest gripe with Drakengard 2 is that getting all the endings is the biggest pain in the ass in it out of any of the games in the series.

Surviving on the highest difficulties (the completion of which yields the further endings) becomes an incredibly unfun game of grinding.

Nowe's no Caim and all that, but I didn't hate it as much as most seem to.