As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We're Oscar [chat]

SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
edited March 2013 in Debate and/or Discourse

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    And thus the line of succession survives without a coup!

...*Saves Draft*

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    So anyway, as I was saying when the previous chat thread got recycled, Dead Rising 2 time limit made me not buy it and that's too bad.

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    I am writing reports about people.

It is dull.

Help!

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Mass Effect had some pretty great musical tracks.

I'm like 90% sure those totally badass heroic scores are what carried the first game.

Well that and the last level. God damn.

I would totally pay for Mass Effect 1 with Mass Effect 3's combat.

• Options
    I tried watching TV (Justified, Community) and playing card games (Marvel Legendary). But now I cannot avoid the reports any more.

• Options
    There was, however, cake today. Very good cake. And shumai and ebi-chilli and other foods.

Now I am all farty.

• Options
    poshniallo wrote: »

It is dull.

Help!

Give them all nicknames and then play the game called "Did I catch all the instances of these embarrassing nicknames when I went back through the report and replace them with the actual name or will 'sconebutt' be pissed at me tomorrow?"

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I've been dicking around with the Voltz mod for Minecraft with a buddy.

This is nuts.

It adds a ton of machine stuff. We built a coal generator to power our first machines - an ore enrichment chamber and a smelter factory.

The enrichment chamber takes your basic ore and turns it into two dust per ore.

This dust can then be smelted into ingots as normal, but thanks to the enrichment you get twice as many ingots out of your ore. (The dust is also used for some other crafting.)

The smelter factory is like your standard furnace, except it has three slots for smelting, so you can smelt three thingies in one block. Later on you can upgrade it to a maximum of (I think) six slots.

However, coal energy is pretty inefficient, not to mention it chews through your coal supply.

So first we built a few solar power generators, and last night we upgraded to one advanced solar power generator. We have a few battery boxes gathering power during the day so we can run machines at night too.

I like this.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    It is so goddamn cold in this lobby.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

And of course today is the day I left my sweater at home. It was going to be 80 degrees they said, you won't need a sweater they said.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    The downside to machinery is that we need a crapton of redstone to make circuits and other components, which is what limits us right now. Off to hunt redstone I go!

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I have a question about Ass Effect 2

Any order i should recruit people/get the DLC? i'm probs gonna get Arrival, Shadow Broker and Kasumi.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    went through http://deckers.die last night

that was really cool

Also
    "Kidnap Birk" was weird; I'm max level, and am normally invulnerable to pesky things like bullets ... but I still took damage on that mission.

Gave him back to STAG because I didn't want him. Didn't help me any, though. I had already claimed all the territory.

then I blew up an aircraft carrier

I really sort of wish that if you're playing a female Boss, you masquerade as Kia instead. That felt a bit weird.

As always, I worry a little about accidentally hitting the bad ending. How obvious is it?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    fuck nerdz get money

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

Any order i should recruit people/get the DLC? i'm probs gonna get Arrival, Shadow Broker and Kasumi.

Kasumi, Shadow Broker, Arrival is the best order IMO.

Also get Kasumi ASAP. She's an awesome squad mate.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Mass Effect had some pretty great musical tracks.

I'm like 90% sure those totally badass heroic scores are what carried the first game.

Well that and the last level. God damn.

I would totally pay for Mass Effect 1 with Mass Effect 3's combat.

Yeah, I recently completed two playthroughs of ME1 when it came out for PS3 so I would could transfer them over to ME2 and ME3.

ME1 is a fucking slog compared to those other two, boring and repetitive. ME3, as far as gameplay goes, is just about perfect.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

get the people you are interested in taking on most of your missions first

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

I've never been a huge Kasumi fan, but the more peeps you have on your team the better odds you have at surviving the final mission.

• Options
    poshniallo wrote: »

It is dull.

Help!

Give them all nicknames and then play the game called "Did I catch all the instances of these embarrassing nicknames when I went back through the report and replace them with the actual name or will 'sconebutt' be pissed at me tomorrow?"

They've already got weird names like Nozomi Sekihara and Jiro Suzuki and shit like that.

• Options
    Christ, what is so difficult about giving me an option is a music player to have double-click enqueue a file to be played next.

The ideal system is one which plays through that queue, then reverts to shuffle play/sequential play of the music collection until I enqueue some more stuff or hit stop.

I don't understand what is so complex about this idea that everyone comes near it, then manages to fuck it up at the last moment.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    fuck nerdz get money

any pretty nerds on the island

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Christ, what is so difficult about giving me an option is a music player to have double-click enqueue a file to be played next.

The ideal system is one which plays through that queue, then reverts to shuffle play/sequential play of the music collection until I enqueue some more stuff or hit stop.

I don't understand what is so complex about this idea that everyone comes near it, then manages to fuck it up at the last moment.

having a separate Now Playing is super frustrating sometimes too

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    fuck nerdz get money

any pretty nerds on the island

n no such thing ONLY JOX N CHEERLEEDERZ R SEXUAL

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Echo

Wy you change cool ghost dog

• Options
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    @21stCentury

Is Zaeed DLC, because you have to fucking get Zaeed.

Zaeed & Jack erry day for frowny, sarcastic playthroughs.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »

having a separate Now Playing is super frustrating sometimes too

Which is why it should be a configurable option. In fact, basically that's a vital button which should be right in front of you. A big "Double-click will queue files up next" or "Double-click will play files immediately".

Put that text, literally, on the button.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Geth I'd been unconscious for five hours by the time you tagged me!

• Options
    Tamin wrote: »
    went through http://deckers.die last night

that was really cool

Also
    "Kidnap Birk" was weird; I'm max level, and am normally invulnerable to pesky things like bullets ... but I still took damage on that mission.

Gave him back to STAG because I didn't want him. Didn't help me any, though. I had already claimed all the territory.

then I blew up an aircraft carrier

I really sort of wish that if you're playing a female Boss, you masquerade as Kia instead. That felt a bit weird.

As always, I worry a little about accidentally hitting the bad ending. How obvious is it?

Literally impossible to miss the good ending.

Like, stuff happens, and one of your homies says "We need to do this" and another says "No we should do this!" and the first homie says "FUCK THAT you need to do this because <extremely obvious reasoning>"

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Getting coffee, then getting lunch, then getting drunk.

Today is for getting

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »

The forums said you had been recently active.

• Options
    I CHECKED

TO SEE IF I NEEDED TO STEP IN AND DO YOUR JOB

• Options
    Also where is Mojo. He is not telling us how math is invading the world.

I presume we will fight it with modern art.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    ~Hmm. Off for dinner at a friend's tonight.

It is a ball ache to get to his place without driving. Boo.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    That was excellent timing for me to swoop in with my problems.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    The oslo club Vålerenga and the bergen club Brann are playing tonight

a rockslide, along with inclement weather, has trapped the bus from the supporter club, Klanen (the clan)

friends of them say "they have fridges and beer, they'll be alright"

column driving has started so they may still get here in time. They are in high spirits and say that as long as they make the match it's fine, because "Bergen isn't a city worth spending a lot of time in anyway"

the Brann supporter club, Bataljonen (the Battalion) are saying this is bad luck, because according to them Klanen are the only ones who might match them in the stadium.

exciting stuff.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Kill your friend with maths.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »

The forums said you had been recently active.

I fell asleep around 5am. I just woke up!

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Rugby's on.

One of the Irish second row is 6' 11". He is a large man.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    @21stCentury

Is Zaeed DLC, because you have to fucking get Zaeed.

Zaeed & Jack erry day for frowny, sarcastic playthroughs.

is Zaeed the sclaey green dude? What's his DLC called?

This discussion has been closed.