As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Transistor] Sci-fi RPG from Supergiant Games, out now on PC/PS4!

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    People disliking it have no taste. It was one of the best things about Bastion.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Rucks' voice sorta annoyed me at first, but it grew on me.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Emperor_Z wrote: »
    I didn't know that some people disliked Rucks' narration. It's a little hard to fathom.

Everything about his voice was awful. It sounded like he was talking through a mouthful of drool.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    What's that? His voice was awesome and it sounded like he was talking with the mouth of a gruff angel? I agree!

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    I didn't know that some people disliked Rucks' narration. It's a little hard to fathom.

Everything about his voice was awful. It sounded like he was talking through a mouthful of drool.

oh_you_by_doom1272-d31mb3c.jpg

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Oh good, it's been a while since people ripped on my god damn opinions.

Hey guess what? The game sucked too! LET ME HAVE IT

In any case, I'm way excited for Transistor. It looks awesome. But, then, so did Bastion and that turned out to be The Game Not Made For Me.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Considering how much you didn't like Bastion I'm kinda surprised you're hyped for what looks to be round two in a different setting with a more turn based combat.

I'm still honestly more excited for the soundtrack than the game. Not that I don't want to play the game, just that I feel the soundtrack will be the best bit.

• Options
    Considering how much you didn't like Bastion I'm kinda surprised you're hyped for what looks to be round two in a different setting with a more turn based combat.

I'm still honestly more excited for the soundtrack than the game. Not that I don't want to play the game, just that I feel the soundtrack will be the best bit.

Well, the art design is tits out awesome, same with Bastion. I hated the combat in Bastion because it was so messy but turn based would fix that right up.

And I can mute the narrator. :3

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

Well, the art design is tits out awesome, same with Bastion. I hated the combat in Bastion because it was so messy but turn based would fix that right up.

Well yeah, if you're like, some kind of monster.

• Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    It's not my fault that your opinions spit in the face of the objective reality that Rucks' voice is godly.
    I'm just messing with you man. I can respect you opinion, in spite of how radically different it is from my own

Emperor_Z on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Haha Pink, ur dumb and smell like a poop!
    :3

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    hahaha poop... :P

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options

Well yeah, if you're like, some kind of monster.

The BEST kind.

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Haha Pink, ur dumb and smell like a poop!
    :3

Who told you tha..I MEAN NO I DON'T

• Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Kitsuna wrote: »
    Probably time to start talking about this again.

Y'know, since it's coming out on May 20th

Requoting so people don't think this thread just got bumped over another narrator debate :P

Can't wait!

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    It's not my fault that your opinions spit in the face of the objective reality that Rucks' voice is godly.
    I'm just messing with you man. I can respect you opinion, in spite of how radically different it is from my own

The funny thing is I sold four other people I know on the game because I kept stressting while I hated it more then church and learning, everyone else thought it was better then ball kisses. So they bought it and all of them loved it which absolutely chapped my ass like I don't even know.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Bastion wouldn't have been as charming to me without the narrator. Obviously it's a love it or leave it kind of thing but I felt it gave the game a great vibe. Combined with the art style it was a truly interesting tone they created.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I was on board with Bastion the first time I fell off the world.

Doubly so when I started smashing everything.

Narration makes everything better.

When I'm rich, I'm going to have my entire life narrated.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The funny thing is I sold four other people I know on the game because I kept stressting while I hated it more then church and learning, everyone else thought it was better then ball kisses. So they bought it and all of them loved it which absolutely chapped my ass like I don't even know.
    Bastion: An Awesome Game for People That Love to Learn

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I've been waffling back and forth over which platform to buy the game on, but I think Jen Zee's art deserves to be on the biggest screen in my house.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    I've been waffling back and forth over which platform to buy the game on, but I think Jen Zee's art deserves to be on the biggest screen in my house.

So you're plugging your PC into your TV? :smiley:

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »

Excited for Kill Bill 3.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I wasn't that interested in Bastion (I still haven't played it yet) but I'll be buying this day one.

It looks and sounds absolutely gorgeous. My soul needs this game.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    wishlisted, now to find time to play this over the summer

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    What time on tuesday should this be up on PSN?

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Transistor is up on steam. Downloading now.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    If anyone's STILL ON THE FENCE FOR SOME REASON, some quick looks just came up courtesy of TotalBiscuit and Jim Sterling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zymf7o5K9UU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL0aLwDXM4o

• Options
    KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    LD50 wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up. No point waiting for six 'o' clock if I don't have to.

Gabe Newell now has my money and I've got it installing.

I really need to finish Sleeping Dogs before getting into this, but I'm definitely going to give it a quick look tonight.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I'm torn.

If I buy Transistor on PS4, I can remote-play on my Vita.
    If I but Transistor on PC, it will be easier to mine sound files and take pretty screenshots so I can theme my phone.

Both are hooked up to my 55" TV, and I have no hard preference between the DualShock4 or the 360 Wireless controllers.

This is the hardest decision I will make today.

• Options
    Can't you take screenshots on PS4 too?

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Can't you take screenshots on PS4 too?

You can. I think if you upload it they compress it down, but you can also save and extract it from your hard drive.

The game is beautiful. Play it on the biggest screen you have, Houn.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Doesn't seem to be working for me yet at least. Installed fine, but doesn't actually start up. Guess I have to wait a bit more.

How do I access the soundtrack if I bought both?

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    The soundtrack files are downloaded somewhere into your steam directory: Steam\steamapps\common\Transistor\Soundtrack

Play the game with the best speakers/headphones you have.

To those who don't care for the narration gimmick, it's pretty narrator-y, but it's first person present tense rather than third person, and he's speaking directly to the main character instead of to the player, if that helps anything. It's also a more emotional/personal delivery.

• Options
    BTW, the whole soundtrack is up on YouTube already!

• Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »

This :^:

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    It's ok so far. Maybe as I unlock more abilities it'll become more interesting but so far it's just pause time, queue up abilities, don't manage to kill everything because I suck at the game still, run around trying to avoid damage until my Turn() meter recharges, repeat.

But this is just a little over an hour in. Game is pretty gorgeous though.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Jim Sterling.

Do we seriously still care what this asshole thinks? Really?

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Jim Sterling.

Do we seriously still care what this asshole thinks? Really?

I don't see why we wouldn't care, he's one of the most level-headed and consumer advocacy oriented people in the industry.

reVerse on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I was gonna say that I hoped it had vocal tracks like in Bastion, but then I remembered that the main character is always pictured with a mic, so

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png