As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Web pages stuck in italics?

whuppinswhuppins Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I have a brand new machine with a fresh copy of Vista. I've installed a few basic things to get me up and running, and I've visited a few of the sites I've gone to a million times before. It's basically a virgin machine. I've had it for about two weeks now and up until last night I haven't had any complaints. Since last night, though, it has displayed all 'vanilla' text on web pages in italics. Vanilla meaning non-formatted, no special fonts, etc. For example:

italics.jpg

Notice that all the bold words look fine, but all the plain text is in italics. Here's the kicker: It's the same in both IE and Firefox -- in fact, the above is a Firefox screenshot.

This affects pretty much any site with text that has minimal formatting. I did a quick Google search and saw two possible fixes. One (the web page encoding settings are wrong, change them back to the default) didn't work, and the other (missing font files, copy .ttf's from a working Windows installation) only applies to XP, and I can't imagine I'd be missing important Windows fonts out of the blue like that.

So does anybody have any idea what might be causing this?

whuppins on