As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Jealous of nerds with hangovers [CHAT]

descdesc Goretexing to deathRegistered User regular
In this thread we are jealous of nerds who are already laboring tirelessly towards crippling hangovers and video game sales pitch burnout. I speak, of course, of PAX attendees. These people will not see this [chat], because they're busy fraternizing and nibbling appetizers and drinking cocktails and then waking up and rueing life and repeating the process.

The rest of us are trundling along in our regular ho-hum days and trying to make chat threads on our phones at work and while we know we're jealous, we're going to calmly listen to Ryan Teague's "Fantasia for Strings" without betraying any emotion.

Thank you and please continue with your [chat]ting day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVirG-QcVmA

Sent from my iPhone

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Caveman Paws wrote: »
    I buy digital comics like they were candy.

I fear what I'd do with a steam account.

oh...

you should get one... they're great...

>.>

<.<

NO! DON'T DO IT. RUN YOU FOOL! IT'S TOO LATE FOR ME BUT YOU CAN SAVE YOURSELF! RUUUUUUUUUUUN!

*is vaporised by steam enforcer*

D:

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I will give a full report on their activities

I've been watching them from afar all day

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Sorry guys, AMFE was busy again
    1360953261-screen_shot_2013-02-15_at_10.32.40_am.jpg

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I plan on going to the fancy dinner but not telling anyone who I am

Ill sit at an adjacent table and look discretely over the top of my menu

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Desc... They will see this chat because they are nerds with smart phones.

They might not see it right away, but when they are pooping, there's a 50/50 chance those valiant hungover souls will either be making poast, or playing temple run.

Sent from my toilet

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Today is my last day here! My desk is empty save for this computer and a box full of my things and some office supplies.

Since I don't have the balls to say it to my coworkers in this place, allow me to say here in [chat]: Fuck this office. Fuck the assholes who work here. Fuck the backstabbers. Fuck the Big Brother management. Fuck this job.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Jesus, how does Word Autosave lock up my entire computer when it's running? What the christ is it writing? And why is it not an automatic background process that runs in it's own thread using point in time snapshots, and writing more or less continuously?

Most MS software seems to do this.

My favourite is that the URL autocompletion in IE at work causes the computer to lock for like an eighth of a second every couple of characters as you type, and it stops responding to keyboard input during those moments.

So you type "google.com" and it picks up "ggem".

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Take that Antonio Banderas

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Caveman Paws wrote: »
    I buy digital comics like they were candy.

I fear what I'd do with a steam account.

oh...

you should get one... they're great...

>.>

<.<

NO! DON'T DO IT. RUN YOU FOOL! IT'S TOO LATE FOR ME BUT YOU CAN SAVE YOURSELF! RUUUUUUUUUUUN!

*is vaporised by steam enforcer*

D:

for serious though

do you like having money?

don't get a steam account

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Today is my last day here! My desk is empty save for this computer and a box full of my things and some office supplies.

Since I don't have the balls to say it to my coworkers in this place, allow me to say here in [chat]: Fuck this office. Fuck the assholes who work here. Fuck the backstabbers. Fuck the Big Brother management. Fuck this job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPrSVkTRb24

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I plan on going to the fancy dinner but not telling anyone who I am

Ill sit at an adjacent table and look discretely over the top of my menu

I would Sherlock it out of you.
    Based on your posting history I would say you are the White Male, wearing a baseball cap with an uncreased brim and 50/50 sticker, carrying glow sticks while endlessly grinding his teeth.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

They might not see it right away, but when they are pooping, there's a 50/50 chance those valiant hungover souls will either be making poast, or playing temple run.

Sent from my toilet
    Why aren't you at PAX, you East Coast wussy-pants?

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    i am currently miffed for two reasons

reason one is that there was an upturned ice cream scoop sitting in the sink at the exact spot where the water from the tap landed, this caused the water to jet in a graceful arc all over my crotch

reason two is my copy of HotS won't let me play multiplayer because it keeps telling me to "buy the upgrade"

>:V

• Options
    Thanatos wrote: »

Sent from my toilet
    Why aren't you at PAX, you East Coast wussy-pants?

Jewish Popery.
    (I have an interfaith wedding tomorrow night)

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Lady friend is visiting my apartment for the first time tomorrow. Should I take the effort to clean it up, or should I relish in how much of a slob I am?

• Options
    Lady friend is visiting my apartment for the first time tomorrow. Should I take the effort to clean it up, or should I relish in how much of a slob I am?

Uh clean it.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    did you guys

did you guys ever think about what would happen if trees were made of taffy

919UOwT.png
  • Options

Place a post it under your keyboard that says "I rubbed my dick over all these keys".
    Rub your dick over all the keys.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    You know what ice cream is delicious? rum raisin. also pumpkin. also coffee.

Not butter pecan though the bitter pecans overwhelm the dish

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    did you guys

did you guys ever think about what would happen if trees were made of taffy

*desc avfacing*

• Options

Uh clean it.

Goddammit. That sounds like work. :(

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    My best friend just came over to drop off some equipment, and we complained about not being able to go to PAX. I enjoy commiseration.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    Casual wrote: »

reason one is that there was an upturned ice cream scoop sitting in the sink at the exact spot where the water from the tap landed, this caused the water to jet in a graceful arc all over my crotch

reason two is my copy of HotS won't let me play multiplayer because it keeps telling me to "buy the upgrade"

Is the ice cream okay?!

• Options

Place a post it under your keyboard that says "I rubbed my dick over all these keys".

is that really something you would want to expose your dick to

• Options
    Maybe I can just like sweep everything under the carpet, including the dirty dishes and the piles of clothes I keep on the floor?

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Whereas I am not sure I'd actually want to go to Pax at all!

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Sent from my toilet

They're only allowed to post if there are PAX PIX

OFHERWISE THEY ARE FORBIDDEN

• Options
    "please ignore this mound with a rug draped over it"

• Options

When my douchebag coworker quit, he left his mason jar behind. I took it as a sort of trophy and started drinking water out of it. Quick sidenote: mason jars are stupid for just drinking water at work.

Anyway, I cleaned it and left it on my cool coworker's desk with a note inside, bequeathing unto him the "Chalice of Douching."

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Ah, sweet megabits have returned to the office!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mafimBTMTmY

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Casual wrote: »

You purchased both WoL and HotS, right? There are no shenanigans or trial versions going on here? If yes, have you contacted Blizzard?

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    My best friend just came over to drop off some equipment, and we complained about not being able to go to PAX. I enjoy commiseration.

Equipment?

• Options
    Sarksus wrote: »

Equipment?

:winky:

• Options

Equipment?

Queening stool, St Andrew's Cross, etc.

(don't google those at work)

• Options

Equipment?

If today wasn't your last day, I would totally report you to twitter for this problematic winky.

• Options
    Dear faithful advocates,

Consistently, I have found that people of faith believe that all people are precious to G_d, and our holy writings teach us to welcome the immigrant.

Why the hell am I subscribed to the Virginia Interfaith Center's mailing list?

• Options

Equipment?

perhaps some dongles for forking

• Options
    Dear faithful advocates,

Consistently, I have found that people of faith believe that all people are precious to G_d, and our holy writings teach us to welcome the immigrant.

Why the hell am I subscribed to the Virginia Interfaith Center's mailing list?

jesus christ, what's so offensive about typing out God

• Options
    japan wrote: »

Equipment?

Queening stool, St Andrew's Cross, etc.

(don't google those at work)

Why do those sound so scary?

• Options
    japan wrote: »
    "please ignore this mound with a rug draped over it"

I'm thinking that what I should do is purchase and set up a couple of partitions, and then just tell her I live in a 5x5 studio apartment. My living room is fairly tidy, so I'll pretend that's my entire place. That'll probably be less work than cleaning up.

This discussion has been closed.