As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Remember Me] Combo your way up to cyberpunk Neo-Paris. Amnesia included.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    You must not sit through credits a lot, then. :P

That would requiring finishing games.

I am a Steam addict.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Who even looks at the credits at all?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

I also enjoy the music for the game, so I was listening to the music while I typed up my post about my thoughts on the game.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Yeah, the music is at least as good as the visual art direction.

• Options

I bought the soundtrack. Best game soundtrack I've listened to in a while.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I should get the music.

Honestly, I'm a sucker for cyberpunk/Ghost in a Shell-ish soundtracks.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    They got so much right aesthetically. Such a shame they had to force the combat in there. It genuinely comes across as half finished to me. But definitely not 'bad'. Just average I guess? Bearable actually. That's probably more apt.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

People with an obsessive worry that there's an extra little scene after them.

Like me... and let me tell ya, when you sit there for the three years it takes for FarCry 3's credits to roll and nothing happens... you feel cheated.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Been playing through this game these last few days and I do not get the complaints I keep seeing here and there on the internet that the Memory Remixes are too "trial and error". So far, I've found them pretty straightforward and reasonably logical.
    The only exception is the one where you have to make that dude 'remember' that he shot his wife/girlfriend/fiancée. Putting the bottle on the ground so that he'd trip over it and land with his hand near his gun was a bit out there. Then again, the drunken stumble is practically a cliché at this point so perhaps I should have seen it coming.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Been playing through this game these last few days and I do not get the complaints I keep seeing here and there on the internet that the Memory Remixes are too "trial and error". So far, I've found them pretty straightforward and reasonably logical.
    The only exception is the one where you have to make that dude 'remember' that he shot his wife/girlfriend/fiancée. Putting the bottle on the ground so that he'd trip over it and land with his hand near his gun was a bit out there. Then again, the drunken stumble is practically a cliché at this point so perhaps I should have seen it coming.

Seemed easy enough to me.
    He tossed the gun on the table, then threw the bottle at her. I want him to pick up the gun, so I move the bottle so he can't grab it.
    Whoops, he smashed his head on the end table. Better move it out of the way. Oh great, he grabbed the gun...

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. If anything I think I may have solved them too quickly.

Because during the first remix I got an achievement for doing something in the memory that wasn't the intended goal.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Yeah. If anything I think I may have solved them too quickly.

Because during the first remix I got an achievement for doing something in the memory that wasn't the intended goal.

yea, I think there are achievements for actually failing to accomplish the goals and/or killing them (Memory bugs):

I got one for...
    Making him get mocked because he has the safety on and then left behind with her little suitcase rolling around

and when I
    Made it so absolutely nothing went wrong on the driving one

I got one too.

Haven't had a chance to play further though.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Finished it and I'm wondering about the loose ends that need tying up.
    What happens when Olga learns that, actually, David's not dead and Nilin just made her think he died? What happens to kinder, gentler mom when she learns how that car crash that ruined everything actually happened?

H3O claims that all the bad memories got dumped into him, and his destruction somehow causes them to all flood back to their original owners (or at least, I think that's what happened). However, the first bad memory that went in there was little Nilin's remix. Does this mean that remixed people will now have both the original memory as well as the altered memory in their heads?

Questions, questions. Maybe I'm over-thinking it.

• Options
    What happens when Olga learns that, actually, David's not dead and Nilin just made her think he died? What happens to kinder, gentler mom when she learns how that car crash that ruined everything actually happened?

H3O claims that all the bad memories got dumped into him, and his destruction somehow causes them to all flood back to their original owners (or at least, I think that's what happened). However, the first bad memory that went in there was little Nilin's remix. Does this mean that remixed people will now have both the original memory as well as the altered memory in their heads?

Open to interpretations, but:
    I think H3O only released the memories that were stored in it. Nilin just remixed the memories in her targets, so they probably stayed the same.
    But Olga just has a much worse shock in for her if she ever finds out what happened.
    Remember that David was being treated on the hospital ship? One of the news reports says that someone (possibly someone with a gunship and a grudge) blew it up.
    Olga probably killed her husband in revenge for his (believed) death.
    You might argue it was a mercy-kill, though.
    Given that Quaid was turning healthy people into leapers, he may not have passed up the opportunity with someone who was mostly there already.

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Nevermind me, I can't reading comprehension.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    so the lowpoint of the game for me is Mourners...
    Every time after landing the very last hit on a fury combo to get the QT prompt one of the stupid minions walks into the attack. throw in the cherry picking to build focus off the minions since he just keeps teleporting and it's... just bleh.

aside from using Sensen DOS, there a way to stagger or prevent him from teleporting away? that maybe I've missed?

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Every time after landing the very last hit on a fury combo to get the QT prompt one of the stupid minions walks into the attack. throw in the cherry picking to build focus off the minions since he just keeps teleporting and it's... just bleh.

aside from using Sensen DOS, there a way to stagger or prevent him from teleporting away? that maybe I've missed?
    Nope

You have to use Sensen DOS

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    klemming wrote: »

I think H3O only released the memories that were stored in it. Nilin just remixed the memories in her targets, so they probably stayed the same.
    But Olga just has a much worse shock in for her if she ever finds out what happened.
    Remember that David was being treated on the hospital ship? One of the news reports says that someone (possibly someone with a gunship and a grudge) blew it up.
    Given that Quaid was turning healthy people into leapers, he may not have passed up the opportunity with someone who was mostly there already.

The way that the game ends...
    I think that it may imply that Nilin has replaced H30 as the one handling the memories. We don't see Nilin outside the computer after she wins, and she talks about how she's acting from her fortress in the city. So, she might be hiding some memories selectively. If I understood a potential implication from the ending correctly.

I need to play it again.

• Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Did you get the OST from iTunes?

I couldn't find it, but I was looking without actually having any form of iTunes program.

I looked several times for it in other retailers, but always came up empty.

• Options
    klemming wrote: »

The way that the game ends...
    I think that it may imply that Nilin has replaced H30 as the one handling the memories. We don't see Nilin outside the computer after she wins, and she talks about how she's acting from her fortress in the city. So, she might be hiding some memories selectively. If I understood a potential implication from the ending correctly.

I need to play it again.

In the ending...
    She says she now has a family to go back to, so I assume she can leave.
    Apart from not showing her leaving the computer, there's no dialogue that says she's staying, or has to replace H3O. The fortress stuff was talking about unlocking access to peoples memories.
    But yeah, they leave enough vagueness in there that you could argue whatever outcome you like.

• Options

Did you get the OST from iTunes?

I couldn't find it, but I was looking without actually having any form of iTunes program.

I looked several times for it in other retailers, but always came up empty.

Yep, iTunes.

• Options
    Stilts wrote: »

Nope

You have to use Sensen DOS

If you're quick enough you can pull off at least a three hit combo, I discovered. was able to get a fury combo going without one of the other guys walking into my fists and with that done wrapped my playthrough with ease. still need to do a bit of clean up though. missed a lot of those scarab things and some other stuff. hate that you couldn't go back into areas if you accidentally advanced too far, but eh. All in all I liked this game.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Well, the game is available on GoD in my country for 75 dollars. No thanks, I'll wait.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    Next month Remember Me is gonna be part of PSN+ (seems it's Europe only): http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/11/playstation-plus-in-november-metal-gear-rising-remember-me-more/

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I know I'm pretty late, but I just finished this game tonight and wanted to chime in that I liked it a lot. That soundtrack was boss. Might have to buy that one.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    Definitely buy it. It's one of the best soundtracks of 2013, regardless of medium, and 2013 was one of the best years for music in movies and games.

• Options
    Yeah, I decided to skip it. I'm doing some shopping this month and I might grab a copy.

BTW, Capcom Unity has been streaming the game lately: http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/506372826

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    It's free on PS+ right now, so grab it if you can.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Just finished it thanks to PS+. Was well worth the effort of finishing it actually as there were some nice twists and turns in the end of the game.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Honestly, Remember Me is one of those kind of games you really wish had a bigger budget than it did.

• Options
    And more refined combat. It was almost there.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Honestly, Remember Me is one of those kind of games you really wish had a bigger budget than it did.

I personally wish that more people bought it outright to support it instead of waiting for sales, etc so it would have been able to get a sequel. But with Dontnod restructuring and possibly re-partnering (do they own the IP or does Capcom?) it seems unlikely.

(Source)

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    I bought it on 360 originally, but wasn't going to buy it again. Shame it didn't sell well, there were many interesting ideas.

• Options
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I bought it on 360 originally, but wasn't going to buy it again. Shame it didn't sell well, there were many interesting ideas.

Well, Dontnod is going to be at the GDC, so at the very least they'll be presenting something in theory... so there's always hope.

The other thing too as I think about it is whether or not a sequel to this game is really necessary?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    And more refined combat. It was almost there.

Yeah, the idea for the combat was neat, they just needed a few balancing passes to balance the actual fights

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I really liked the combat actually. After recently finishing Arkham Asylum for the first time and then playing this, I liked the more measured pace here and how you could customize your combo chains depending on the situation. Once I figured out how to continue a combo through a jump/dodge, it really clicked for me.

The only thing I didn't like was those guys with the electric armor or whatever. Who thought it was a good idea to make an enemy that is impossible to hit without draining your life away? Those guys sucked.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    For those interested the game, it is on sale for 15 bucks on XBL. Here is a link to the current sale: http://majornelson.com/2014/04/08/microsoft-studios-sale-and-this-weeks-deals-with-gold/

I think I might finally pick it up. But there is so much Dark Souls to play. Hehe.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    BTW, Capcom Unity uploaded all their twitch playthrough to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNetJZPeOV0

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I really liked the combat actually. After recently finishing Arkham Asylum for the first time and then playing this, I liked the more measured pace here and how you could customize your combo chains depending on the situation. Once I figured out how to continue a combo through a jump/dodge, it really clicked for me.

The only thing I didn't like was those guys with the electric armor or whatever. Who thought it was a good idea to make an enemy that is impossible to hit without draining your life away? Those guys sucked.

Weren't there similar opponents in Batman? Any foe that picked up a stun baton, irc.

• Options
    There were ways around them (flipping over them, gadgets, etc). These need health pressens to survive, at least up until you can break out some S-moves.