As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Step Step Step Activity Log

BIGmogBIGmog DenverRegistered User regular
edited March 2013 in PAX East
Which PAX involves the most walking? I'm conducting an experiment to find out. Many people have a pedometer with them built right into the Nintendo 3DS. Reply with your daily step counts and massage your feet. PAX Prime 2012 data found here.

BIGmog on

• Options
    <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I don't have a 3ds but I brought my pokewalker with me (which, by the way, didn't have a chance to use once. Sadface.). Forgot it in my checked bag Saturday so I only got 11k steps and spent most of Sunday at warmachine. But Friday I just broke 30k steps. That was from walking from the Quiltbag meet up and the Friday night jamspace dance party, I'm sure. My feet are incredibly tired.

<Omicron-8643> on
  • Options
    AylaviereAylaviere Overlord Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2023
    [Deleted]

Aylaviere on
    East 2015: Hostel/Hotel [✓] Time Off [✓] 3 Day Pass [✓] Pokecrawl [ ]
  • Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    According to FitBit:
    Friday: 20807
    Saturday: 17548
    Sunday: 10904

• Options
    chrominancechrominance Registered User new member
    Friday: 5,976
    Saturday: 9,815
    Sunday: 8,832

These numbers seem wrong to me, though they would also explain why my feet didn't hurt as much as I expected them to. Maybe it was because I kept my 3DS in my bag instead of in my pocket more than half the time.

As an aside: apparently I spent almost five and a half hours streetpassing over the course of the weekend. If I never see another streetpass again it'll be too soon. Damn my OCD.

• Options
    BIGmogBIGmog DenverRegistered User regular
    Well that's fewer responses than I was hoping for. I think to make any real conclusions, more data is needed. I'll ask again next year.

• Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    My traveling companion had a fitbit and said that between leaving BWI on thursday afternoon and getting back in sunday evening, we logged approximately 19 miles. I don't have data for a daily breakdown though.

Edit: He posted the actual figures below. We don't generally do much panel-wise or spend a lot of time in the Expo Hall. Friday we ran around a bit in the morning, grabbing our scarves/pax merch, and hitting up the booths needed for the Chandra goggles, but other than that didn't do anything in the Expo Hall (I had never heard of the game Last of Us until AFTER pax). We spent a lot of time stationary, playing Magic or D&D or something else in Tabletop. We did walk 1.5 miles round-trip for breakfast each morning, but even counting that I'd guess that the average PAX Easter is slightly higher than our figures if they're going to any panels or hitting up concerts/expo hall booths.

flatline on
    East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    CernunnosCernunnos Registered User new member
    Breakdown for flatline and myself:

Thursday: 5763 steps (2.68 miles), 20 floors
    Friday: 13471 steps (6.27 miles), 3 floors
    Saturday: 10507 steps (5.01 miles), 1 floor
    Sunday: 11432 steps (5.32 miles), 8 floors

• Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    Thursday 1,280 steps
    Friday 12,943 steps
    Saturday 8,788 steps
    Sunday 10,877 Steps.

• Options
    KomiKomi Registered User regular
    Friday: 15,895
    Saturday: 6,651
    Sunday: 2,104

I'd be willing to wager that Saturday and Sunday are horribly inaccurate. I did a -lot- more walking on Saturday as opposed to Friday, but Friday was the only day I kept my 3DS in a pocket. The other two days I kept it in my bag.

Now that I've been to one Prime and one East though, I can say with all honesty that I think East definitely takes the cake when it comes to walking. Although Prime is spread out across hotels and such it's much more compact for most of the things that don't have to do with a panel. East on the other hand is much more spread out across the BCEC and it felt like it required a lot more walking to get from point A to point B.

-PAX Prime 2014-
    [x]In awe that my 30 minute badge window prediction was pretty close to accurate.
    [x]Badge (HOLYCRAPIGOTA4DAY!)
    [x]Hotel
    [ ]Airfare
    [ ]Buttoneering Buttons
    [ ]Challenge Coin
  • Options
    Dgeorge318Dgeorge318 Registered User regular
    From Fitbit:
    Friday - 14782
    Saturday - 13593
    Sunday - 16763