As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Purchased a Chinese 3d Projector...now I dont know how to watch anything in 3d!

WraithXt1WraithXt1 Registered User regular
Alright, so I went out on a limb and purcahsed one of these:
http://www.aaxatech.com/products/led_showtime_3d_micro_projector.htm

My total came out at 475 shipped, and I've been playing with it for the past day or so. It's absolutely fantastic, and is replacing my dead Optoma HD70. It's not as bright, and the focus gets soft around the edges because I'm projecting onto my entire wall, about 12-13 feet across. The problem I'm running into now is...I have no damn idea how to play 3d content on it.

This is because apparently it's "nvidia" 3d ready judging by the website. I have an ATI video card so I'm wondering what the hell I'm supposed to do about that. I have a bunch of 3d movies ready to watch, they're advertised as being encoded as Side By Side. I have some cheap red blue 3d glasses here, but using those doesnt even require a 120hz projector, which is what this is. What should I be doing to take advantage of the 120hz refresh rate to watch 3d movies? Polaraized glasses?

I'm really at a loss here, I'm pretty fucking confused by everything :| Anyone able to help me sort this out? My graphics card is a 7770.

Edit: Not 100% sure its 120hz, the specs never mention it... I'll try when I get home to adjust my desktop refresh rate and report back.

WraithXt1.png
WraithXt1 on

• Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    You don't need the red and blue glasses, you need what's listed here (linked from the link you sent)

• Options
    Was kind of hoping someone knew what I'd need to get it working with an ATI card :(

WraithXt1.png
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    You can't, as far as I know. ATI doesn't support this kind of 3D.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    WraithXt1 wrote: »
    Was kind of hoping someone knew what I'd need to get it working with an ATI card :(

Does the projector have support for side-by-side mode? It is standard-ish format, and you can turn it on on my projector manually and it'll just split the input image down the middle and do the 3D thing with it instead.

• Options
    Its a 120hz projector so yes, it should support that. The next question being how do I get glasses that will work with that?

WraithXt1.png
  • Options
    As an update, I fucking gave up. I still use the projector all the time, being able to carry it in a cargo pocket is AWESOME, but I cant for the life of me get 3d to work.

WraithXt1.png
  • Options
    ueanuean Registered User regular
    Why not get a $50 nvidia card? If you dropped $475 on the projector???

Guys? Hay guys?
    PSN - sumowot
  • Options
    kancurkancur Registered User new member
    Ati supports 3d through 3rd party application TriDef 3D
    Maybe it will work for you ;)

• Options
    I should have posted back when I figured it out, but Tridef worked for me! 3d was just a bit too dim for the size of my screen, so I lost interest! For a while I was projecting a 17 foot diagonal in my home theater with it, but I've since upgraded to a BenQ W1070. Much, much easier to get 3d working on! It is nice to have a portable projector though!

Thanks for the help kancure

WraithXt1.png