As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] Mists of Pandaria. I farmed up 150 Pieces of Meat and all I got was this lousy belt.

FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?"Registered User regular
edited June 2013 in MMO Extravaganza
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

The fourth expansion. New stuff:

New continent: Pandaria. http://www.wowpedia.org/Pandaria

New race: Pandaren. http://www.wowhead.com/race=25

New class: Monk. http://www.wowhead.com/class=10

New talent system: http://www.wowhead.com/talent

New challenges: Challenge Mode. http://www.wowpedia.org/Challenge_Mode

New dungeon type: Scenarios. http://www.wowpedia.org/Scenario

New way to spend lots of time: Pet Battles. http://www.wowpedia.org/Pet_battles

New way to get your hands dirty: Sunsong Ranch. http://www.wowpedia.org/Sunsong_Ranch

New patch: Patch 5.3, Escalation. http://www.wowhead.com/news=212762/5-3-ptr-patch-notes-updated-may-14th-build-16954

New purchaseable mount: Swift Windsteed. http://www.wowhead.com/item=92724

You're right, the OP is not very pretty, but we make up in information what we lack in color.

Fairchild on

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Doesn't load on my phone, bing is lame.

steam_sig.png
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    I probably shouldn't have clicked that at work even though it's clearly not work appropriate from the description....

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I srsly thought about clicking it.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Yeah....gonna check that out when I'm home >.>

In wow related stuffs: Got into the front section in LFR last night on my pally for the valor (and maybe some gear). Jin'rohk wasn't a problem, wiped on the bridge of course when the tanks decided to pick up the 2nd set of spirits and the construct at the same time.

Then we wiped on Horridon when it became painfully obvious that the tanks had no clue how to do the fight. We're talking "both tanks sitting with Horridon in the middle of the arena while the intelligent DPS were tanking adds" levels here.

At this point one of my guildies who had asked if I wanted to do Warbringers with him asked me to hurry up.

yeah, killing Warbringers, even without getting a mount, was more fun than that.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I need to get on my rantbox about interrupts in general, this expansion. When I'm out in the world, or even working on "most" trash, my interrupt attempts don't work. "Crit Runes" in Court of Bones? nope. Chain Lightning and Thunderstorm on normal ToT trash? nope. 2/3 of buff casts most MoP world mobs cast? Hell no.

Not to mention, the only place that I seem to be able to reliably Purge a target without the game saying "lolwut" is the first area of the Golden Lotus dailies.

I know I'm generalizing, but it's really frustrating. I should be allowed to interrupt more casts that I'm currently allowed in MoP.
    I know for a fact the Crit Runes cast is properly marked as uninterruptible by the silver border around its castbar and shield around its icon on the default UI's enemy castbars. If you have mods that change your UI but don't continue to provide you the uninterruptible stuff, then you need to fix your UI. Generally the only way to "interrupt" those spells is with a stun and that only really works on mobs out in the world and not those found in instances/raids.
    I think his point was more "why is so much NPC shit uninterruptable"? I can understand it for major raid trash mobs and such where you're supposed to have to deal with their abilities and not just interrupt them, but uninterruptable abilities on things like daily mobs feels like overkill.

Of course some classes/specs don't have real interrupts so maybe it's to put everyone on a more even (read: crappy) footing.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Since it is my birthday I did the usual crack out of ton of achievements to celebrate. I finished the domination point story and holy shit

• PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I tried to do the second half of the ToT lfr last night. A 46 minute queue as a dps was unacceptable, so I just played another game.

If this trend continues, I may finally get around to killing the wow account that has been active since closed beta.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Idgi. Even on my terribly undergeared Rogue (he was like 440 when he went to the Isle the first time) I wouldn't dream of interrupting the Crit runes. It's free damage?

(also Quartz shows if spells can be interrupted by default, so if you don't see it, you fuzzed with the settings)

I was using the Crit Runes as an example (I use the same technique as you guys of pulling mob off and using it against them). And, yes, it's the issue of "why is so much shit uninterruptable?" especially out in the game world.

I still don't see a reason why raid trash needs to be uninterruptable. It's only there to give us a breather until the next boss; so what's wrong with the players making it easier?

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Since it is my birthday I did the usual crack out of ton of achievements to celebrate. I finished the domination point story and holy shit

I remember getting 'The Hilt' on my Birthday, good times...

I want to go back. :c

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    eh if i can't interrupt something i just stun them... i can see that being a problem for some classes though.

i think it's cool for enemies to have both an interuptable and an uninteruptable ability. the uninteruptable should be like a signature and the other just a generic spell. it gives every enemy type more character

initiatefailure on
    Penumbra wrote: »
    I tried to do the second half of the ToT lfr last night. A 46 minute queue as a dps was unacceptable, so I just played another game.

If this trend continues, I may finally get around to killing the wow account that has been active since closed beta.

What's even worse: If you solo queue, you're virtually guaranteed to get into a run already in progress, so it's TWO 45+ min queues to finish a wing. It would be nice if you got bumped to the front of the line for a fresh instance when you get an in progress run, but that would probably $%^& the DPS queues even further.

I hope the 5.3 change where the loot drop can be independent of your current spec improves things a bit; I know I certainly run my Monk/Druid as DPS on things I'd rather be healing so I can get questing gear.

You guys should know this but you can multi-queue now. Go into the LFR menu and you can queue up for Scen, Dungeon and Raid all at the same time. You don't lose your place in line, either. Helps make the wait for DPS go a bit faster.

And if you want the wait to be less for DPS, convince more people to queue as tanks because that's what I'm always waiting on.

• BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    I always end up waiting on healers. 20 minutes in queue, 2/2 tanks, 0/6 healers and 17/17 dps every single time.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Even if you're coming in with crappy PvE gear you still have the base 65% resilience which is a substantial difference from what it is now. You won't be super competitive, but it shouldn't be better at least.

Anyway; BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nathan Jaworski ‏@NathanJaworski 12h
    @Ghostcrawler Tri-spec datamined, should we ignore it or is there plans to implement?

Greg Street
    @Ghostcrawler
    @NathanJaworski Just an experiment. You can datamine a lot that may not come to pass anytime soon (e.g. Defense of the Alehouse).

Well there goes that moment of happiness. :(
    You'll die slower than before, obviously, but you'll still be a complete waste of a slot compared to someone with actual damage/healing output.

And GC, why you gotta keep being such a dick about this?

Oh, absolutely, you'll still be a waste of space on your team. But I will feel better about myself when it takes 2 hits to kill me instead of 1. :P

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Ishtaar wrote: »

What's even worse: If you solo queue, you're virtually guaranteed to get into a run already in progress, so it's TWO 45+ min queues to finish a wing. It would be nice if you got bumped to the front of the line for a fresh instance when you get an in progress run, but that would probably $%^& the DPS queues even further.

I hope the 5.3 change where the loot drop can be independent of your current spec improves things a bit; I know I certainly run my Monk/Druid as DPS on things I'd rather be healing so I can get questing gear.

You know, honestly, resto kitty is NOT awful to quest in. It's not great by any means, but the 100% int->agi thing really does make your damage output non-anemic.

You guys should know this but you can multi-queue now. Go into the LFR menu and you can queue up for Scen, Dungeon and Raid all at the same time. You don't lose your place in line, either. Helps make the wait for DPS go a bit faster.

And if you want the wait to be less for DPS, convince more people to queue as tanks because that's what I'm always waiting on.

I disagree. I tank them on my warrior, and its still a 25-45 minute wait as a tank (and only a tank). Adding a healer nearly makes the queue instant or at least reasonable.

dporowski wrote: »

You know, honestly, resto kitty is NOT awful to quest in. It's not great by any means, but the 100% int->agi thing really does make your damage output non-anemic.
    It's pretty bad. Just killing farm varmints in Resto spec usually makes me wish I had bothered/remembered to swap my spec and gear back to Guardian (which isn't even a DPS spec but is still far better for questing) beforehand.

I was using the Crit Runes as an example (I use the same technique as you guys of pulling mob off and using it against them). And, yes, it's the issue of "why is so much shit uninterruptable?" especially out in the game world.

I still don't see a reason why raid trash needs to be uninterruptable. It's only there to give us a breather until the next boss pad the length of the dungeon; so what's wrong with the players making it easier?

Fix't

edited March 2013
    Maybe I'll try Resto kitty; I'm trying Moonkin since I can at least use the same gear... but Moonkining just feels awful. (It's mostly the 45min cast time of Starfire vs every quest mob having an interrupt or knock back) I mean, I realize that secondary stats for the two specs are completely the opposite of each other, but even my 460 SPriest can kill things faster and has better survivability to boot. Sure I can roots and kite and knockback, etc, but it's just horribly tedious vs my same ilevel DK smashing the stupid mob in the face three times. And Troll cats are adorable punk rock stars, so that's an important thing to consider. :rotate:

I disagree. I tank them on my warrior, and its still a 25-45 minute wait as a tank (and only a tank). Adding a healer nearly makes the queue instant or at least reasonable.

I've run into the same thing; most of the queues I'm in are 2/2, 1/6, 17/17. I think I've only ever seen once where we're waiting on a tank. I do usually run a scenario or 5 while waiting, Dungeon queues can be painfully long too.

Ishtaar on
    Valid edit!

In recent weeks, on the tank, I've also run into the "wonderful feature" where the estimated time remaining just disappears. It usually happens around the 10 minute mark and I've waited as long as an hour and it never returns.

Maybe I'll try Resto kitty; I'm trying Moonkin since I can at least use the same gear... but Moonkining just feels awful. (It's mostly the 45min cast time of Starfire vs every quest mob having an interrupt or knock back) I mean, I realize that secondary stats for the two specs are completely the opposite of each other, but even my 460 SPriest can kill things faster and has better survivability to boot. Sure I can roots and kite and knockback, etc, but it's just horribly tedious vs my same ilevel DK smashing the stupid mob in the face three times. And Troll cats are adorable punk rock stars, so that's an important thing to consider. :rotate:

I've run into the same thing; most of the queues I'm in are 2/2, 1/6, 17/17. I think I've only ever seen once where we're waiting on a tank. I do usually run a scenario or 5 while waiting, Dungeon queues can be painfully long too.
    Resto geared Balance is not anywhere as bad as Restocat.

• tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Oh God. Elixir of Ancient Knowledge does not last through death. I lost an hour and fifteen minutes of 300% xp. Blarg.

This has really taken the starch out of my strategy. Now going into a dungeon with an elixir on I look on my fellow party members as the most dangerous thing there. And I don't dare explain that I'm pulling conservatively because of the elixir because some goose will misdirect three or four groups onto me for the lulz.

tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
    tarnok wrote: »
    Oh God. Elixir of Ancient Knowledge does not last through death. I lost an hour and fifteen minutes of 300% xp. Blarg.

This has really taken the starch out of my strategy. Now going into a dungeon with an elixir on I look on my fellow party members as the most dangerous thing there. And I don't dare explain that I'm pulling conservatively because of the elixir because some goose will misdirect three or four groups onto me for the lulz.

This is pretty much my policy even without exp buffs of any kind. Those 4 extra packs of mobs don't pull themselves! :rotate:

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Fairchild wrote: »
    You're right, the OP is not very pretty. To make up for it, here's Kate Upton modeling body paint
    I think this is the last time you get to make WoW OPs.

YL9WnCY.png
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »

I still don't see a reason why raid trash needs to be uninterruptable. It's only there to give us a breather until the next boss pad the length of the dungeon; so what's wrong with the players making it easier?

Fix't

And yet, look what happens when you have a raid without trash. You get garbage like Trial of the Crusader. Or the 2nd half of Dragon Soul. When you go from Boss to Boss to Boss with NO trash in between, it's boring as fuck. And it doesn't feel good. Trash does actually serve a purpose, believe it or not.

That being said, when you have things like, Horridon trash or Dark Animus trash, I just want to kill everyone and everything. Fuck that shit. Trash is supposed to let you turn your brain off, to give you a breather, to let you relax a bit. When you're blowing Heroism and every single cooldown in your arsenal, that is not trash. That is a miniboss.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I actually couldn't disagree more, re: no trash.

I loved ToC and the back half of Dragon Soul because of this. They moved swiftly and you didn't have pull after pull of idiot boring ass oozes. Granted I'm only talking from the perspective of LFR (currently, I did raid in WotLK)...but yeah, every situation where there is no trash or as little as trash as possible is, for me, universally better.

Trash can be fine, to a point, to teach you mechanics prior to a fight, but if they're not doing at least that then what are they there for?

There's a reason that even in LFD people figure out on day one the best way to avoid as much trash as humanly possible. Trash is rarely interesting, and is just a nuisance. That's actually probably a good portion of why I haven't enjoyed Scenarios that much. It's just trash runs and then...maybe you're LFD/LFR queue is up. :rotate:

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

I thought ToC was great, minus the faction champions fight when in a group with a bunch of incompetent carebears. The back half of Dragon Soul sucked because the encounters sucked, not because of a lack of trash.

A little bit of themed trash with abilities that help train you for an upcoming boss is usually OK, if it goes quickly and if there is at least the chance of getting something useful from it so having to kill it doesn't feel completely pointless. Too often there is just too much and it does not go quickly, unless you're in a guild working on heroics in which case the trash has long since been trivialized.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I think there should be trash that previews the next boss's mechanics and that's it. Anything more is excessive, anything less makes going from boss to boss too short.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    I think there should be trash that previews the next boss's mechanics and that's it. Anything more is excessive, anything less makes going from boss to boss too short.

If you never noticed, the trash before Wind Lord does exactly this. :)

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Durumu too.

steam_sig.png
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    And Primordius because lolslimes.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    I would've liked to have seen Dark Animus's trash do that, too. "Phase 1" is pretty confusing until you actually see how it's done.

Instead we got the Ritualists. Who have God Mode turned on. And one-shot people with hax-lightning.

No, I'm not mad at all. NOT. AT. ALL.

DNiDlnb.png
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Man, I've got a level 83 druid stuck all alone on a server half naked, and with next to no gold.
    This sucks.

Rizzi wrote: »
    Man, I've got a level 83 druid stuck all alone on a server half naked, and with next to no gold.
    This sucks.

If you have any of the raid drop pets, you can cage them regardless of server. Toss em up on the AH, they usually sell for anywhere between 500g-2k on my server. Great way to get started on a different server.

DNiDlnb.png
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I do not. :(

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Rizzi wrote: »
    This sucks.

If you have any of the raid drop pets, you can cage them regardless of server. Toss em up on the AH, they usually sell for anywhere between 500g-2k on my server. Great way to get started on a different server.

We have morons attempting to control the AH on my server. Other than Ashstone there isn't a single raid pet under 2k. In fact they are all 3.5k or above. And they do the same pricing scheme on all of their other products, crappy recipes for 5k.

I could understand if they actually sold anything at those prices, but they don't. I've been on the server since classic and seen these names over and over and I've watched them post the same auctions over and over again for the same ridiculous prices.

I can only assume they're Chinese gold farmers who haven't received the memo to go to a more popular server.

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    In my experience people only do things like that for so long if it actually works. By works, I mean they sell something occasionally.

Completely ignoring the likely much greater profits they could rake in pricing things better.

Some people enjoy going "lawlz i sold sum noob this pocket lint for 5k lololol"

:/