As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]ster Sunday

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    "Tom, since the customer service center project isn't ready to go yet, we're putting you in charge of the summer interns."
    "Um, I'm dating one of those interns."
    "So?"
    "The employee handbook is really clear about that, also I'm beyond uncomfortable with the idea."
    "What's the problem?"

head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head

sounds like tacit permission to fuck in the supply closet

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Vanguard's answer is tfs. Wow, talk about going old school.

I don't know what this means, so I'm assuming it's bad.

TheFarSide's been perma'd for like, 2-3 years now.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Vanguard

Tips for a new Hordes fellow?

I'm fairly new myself, but I can certainly help. What faction you playing?

I'm thinking Everblight since I got the starter set and my lady wants the Circle dudes. Our third player is thinking of making a Minions army.

I play Everblight right now. They are rad as all get out.

pLylyth takes a little bit of finesse to use effectively. Try and get Parasite on a more highly armored target as early as possible. A fun trick is to upkeep the spell, then charge your shredders at that target being affected, then activate Lylyth and cast it against a different target that turn.

The Carnivean is one of our strongest beasts in terms of damage output. That being said, he's fairly fragile. A fun trick is to charge something obviously too far away in the hope you can hit with a spray (assault still functions if you fail a charge). That's a threat range of 19"!

I would be using rabid on my shrerdders as often as possible. Those things can charge 11" with it, and it boosts attack and damage rolls. Try to activate them after you've used Lylyth so they can charge their target for free.

@DaemonSadi

Does "Assault" mean forcing the Warbeast to use a special attack and that's why it's still allowed after the failed charge?

Assault is a special ability. It allows unit to make a ranged attack after moving, but before making their melee attack and specifies that units who fail their charges can still do this. So, basically, you charge for 9" when nothing is even close to you (you do you still have to have a target) and then let out a 10" spray.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    So what was the answer to this on? Help a kidnapper out.
    My profession is in an ART
    I do it for more than fun
    You tend to fear my kind
    and I'm the youngest one

Which forumer am I?

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    landshark take a walk with me down this dark alley

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Looks like we've started a new game.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    1) In 2019, build millions of cloning vats in New York City
    2) 2020 census. New York now has a population of several hundred million, and a majority of the house. Because of the location of the cloning vats, there's one upstate congressional district (swing, leans Republican) and 385 New York City congressional districts (almost purely Democratic).
    3) Flush clone vats, restoring normal population.
    4) Use control of House to drown out the South and mandate federal policy. Have a decade long golden age. Repeat in 2029, 2039, etc as necessary.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Also, tfs was part of CT's "vote who gets banned/infracted" thread, and "won" by a large margin.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Sorry skippy. Not on my watch.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    bioshock inf ending stuff
    the ending reminded me of this song being sang earlier on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e4Crth_Hb8

this fucking game

I was very pleased I stayed through the whole credit sequence.

I didn't realise they were doing a Marvel.
    I didn't stay but watched it on Youtube. If it's a universe where there's no Comstock, I'm imagining that Anna should still be there? I can't think of any reason why she wouldn't be.

Bioshock Infinite ending spoilers.
    I agree she would exist as the infant. But I don't know if the trans dimensional jumping Elizabeth would still exist as she was the product of Comstock. But her power may have dropped her out normal time and space like it did the Luteces.

Yeah, I'm gonna go for
    No Comstock, no Elizabeth. Booker and Anna have a nice life together and the Luteces have no impact on their lives.

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    Sorry skippy. Not on my watch.

*makes note of ludious' route to work*

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    The Valentines event was superb on the first go, and that probably set the bar a little high for April Fool's.

The Vday event was superb once they increased the jail timer.

Waking up to find myself jailed because I was shot while asleep kind of sucked.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    My dad was my mom's boss when they started dating, which makes me wonder if the only reason I'm alive is because my mom wanted a raise or something.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    My dad was my mom's boss when they started dating, which makes me wonder if the only reason I'm alive is because my mom wanted a raise or something.
    The answer is yes

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    People were complaining about this event? The fuck?

They should go check out reddit. This was much more fun in comparison.

Kudos to @IcyLiquid for not going full retard.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Wait, how is the kidnapping working now?

same as before

there's just far fewer bad guys because icy reset the event

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I've been reading one of the ArtCo threads. Unlike some of us, those people have talent(s)

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

we have to track down and kidnap forumers IRL now

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    "Tom, since the customer service center project isn't ready to go yet, we're putting you in charge of the summer interns."
    "Um, I'm dating one of those interns."
    "So?"
    "The employee handbook is really clear about that, also I'm beyond uncomfortable with the idea."
    "What's the problem?"

head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head

This is a completely healthy power dynamic.

This can't possibly go wrong in any way.

No, I mean what could possibly go wrong with this. It's gonna be a fun conversation to have with her too. It's one of those not very easy in theory, harder to apply in reality things.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

*knocks on your door*

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Maybe they are restarting the game with just a small core of kidnappers?

Also people should stop bitching about holiday forum events, Icy works hard on them and it's not unreasonable that the first time for an event is less than perfectly planned.

Next time they do the kidnapper thing they will adapt based on what was learned this time. The Valentines event was superb on the first go, and that probably set the bar a little high for April Fool's.

Chill, people.

@IcyLiquid

Word, jeep.

Word.

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular

The game-feedback thread suggests the major change is that Geth is no longer announcing kidnappings. It was flooding threads all over the boards as people mined the archives looking for fresh bodies.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    landshark take a walk with me down this dark alley

oh ok just let me grab my maximum withdrawel from this ATM here one second

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Hmmm. If there's no Geth posts maybe I could capture more old accounts without getting infracted for making geth necro threads again.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i ate some leftover easter ham

i am not sure if i liked it

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Geth is thankful for the day off.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Word.

respect.jpg

• Options
    I do like how beef and showbiz line up with the mask eye holes.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i ate some leftover easter ham

i am not sure if i liked it

nothing says zombie jew day like eating pork

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Geth is thankful for the day off.

Much productivity will happen on the "Find Sarah Conner" project.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    http://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/1bf9p5/we_get_by_with_a_little_help_from_our_friends/

That's what this could have been. Look at it. Then feel better that we just had some riddles and got to play creepy serial sexual pedophile stalker person for a day.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Geth has awesome'd me.

This is new.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I leave for 15 minutes and the event ends?

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

Pssh.. You guys could never take m... Oh shit! Does that van say "Free LoL Skins!"

/jumps in van

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    oh shit @ludious rescued me! my hero!

*bats eyelashes*

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @wazilla

why are you contributing to the thing going on in that dating thread

stahp

STAHP

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    So apparently I've been kidnapped or something.

• Options
    Maybe they are restarting the game with just a small core of kidnappers?

Also people should stop bitching about holiday forum events, Icy works hard on them and it's not unreasonable that the first time for an event is less than perfectly planned.

Next time they do the kidnapper thing they will adapt based on what was learned this time. The Valentines event was superb on the first go, and that probably set the bar a little high for April Fool's.

Chill, people. (Elendil)

tumblr_mamp2eCZPx1rfwyd0o1_250.gif

This discussion has been closed.