As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime Badges 4 Days & 1 Day Passes Will be Sold

SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
edited April 2013 in PAX West
Hey! Lets have a thread for all of our badge speculation needs!!

What's it going to be? 4 day passes? Single day passes only? How fast will they sell out??

We don't know!

It's unknown when Penny Arcade will annouce this, however it's likely to happen soonish.

Edit:
There will be 4 day passes and 1 day passes.

Now you guys can talk about when they will go on sale and how fast you think they will sell out.

For sellout history, see Handy Google Doc by Skelevader

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
SmallLady on

• Options
    JdeFalconrJdeFalconr Registered User regular
    So let's see...last year tickets went on sale on April 25th, on a Wednesday just over two weeks after Pax East 2012 (April 6-8). My assumption is that similar timing would happen this year? Or have rumors surfaced to the contrary? I've already started mashing refresh on the official Pax Twitter page and the Pax Prime page.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    JdeFalconr wrote: »
    So let's see...last year tickets went on sale on April 25th, on a Wednesday just over two weeks after Pax East 2012 (April 6-8). My assumption is that similar timing would happen this year? Or have rumors surfaced to the contrary? I've already started mashing refresh on the official Pax Twitter page and the Pax Prime page.

On March 21st, Pax tweeted that badges would be available in a month or so.
    Of course everything is subject to change, so watch all the regular channels like a hawk.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    jjjewelsjjjewels TorontoRegistered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »

On March 21st, Pax tweeted that badges would be available in a month or so.
    Of course everything is subject to change, so watch all the regular channels like a hawk.

Oh man... waiting another month is gonna kill me!!! *stalk stalk stalk*

• Options
    PSOCecilPSOCecil Registered User regular
    So, now that I'm working a new job, I have to leave home at about 3 PM to get to work. If I remember correctly, tickets usually go on sale around noon-ish, right? I hope so, I'm the one in charge of buying for my group. Also, I'm hoping that asking people for $100 per person is enough to afford all the tickets.. wish they'd tell us what's going on already.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm not sure that there has ever been a pattern recorded about time of day for sales.

• Options
    Even if there was a pattern, it really wouldn't matter.

Ticket sales do not happen on a schedule. They happen when the site is ready to go.

• Options
    hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    @Official_PAX just gave me a heart attack when they tweeted this: "Registration is open... for our 3rd Annual CP Golf Tourney! http://ow.ly/jL5ni Play golf and raise funds for CP!" You guys are evil, evil bastards.

hobbseltoff on
    row1.pngrow2.png
  • Options
    ShocknaShockna Registered User regular
    @Official_PAX just gave me a heart attack when they tweeted this: "Registration is open... for our 3rd Annual CP Golf Tourney! http://ow.ly/jL5ni Play golf and raise funds for CP!" You guys are evil, evil bastards.

Same. I thought for a moment about RTing them to tell them that... >.>

• Options
    SachiSachi Registered User regular
    I see on the site it says to watch the twitter for updates on ticket sales. I was wondering if the Twitter gives us any advance notice though such as "Tickets go on sale tomorrow!" or "next week!" or does it just randomly post "and tickets are on sale now!" Is there any time warning given on the Twitter for ticket sales or is it right away?
    Thank you!

• Options
    Sachi wrote: »
    I see on the site it says to watch the twitter for updates on ticket sales. I was wondering if the Twitter gives us any advance notice though such as "Tickets go on sale tomorrow!" or "next week!" or does it just randomly post "and tickets are on sale now!" Is there any time warning given on the Twitter for ticket sales or is it right away?
    Thank you!
    In the past it has been "tickets are on sale now!"

I would expect that to stay the same.

• Options
    KaynKayn Registered User regular
    This is probably the most stressful month for all of us constantly checking the website....regardless of the twitter tweet...

• Options
    Kaoken00Kaoken00 TexasRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Thank you!

In the past did tickets go on immediate sale on work days or weekends? I'm also curious if I can use my iPhone or iPad to do the registration process and buy tickets.

South 2016 Status: .[*] 3-Day Passes .[*] Hotel .[*] Waiting Patiently .

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Kaoken00 wrote: »
    Thank you!

In the past did tickets go on immediate sale on work days or weekends? I'm also curious if I can use my iPhone or iPad to do the registration process and buy tickets.

For the last three they were on work days. Last Prime went live at around 5PM EST. I remember cause I was driving home when it happened. ;)

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    Kaoken00Kaoken00 TexasRegistered User regular
    How does the ticket site system work? I just want to go fri-sun this time around so do i have to buy just single day tickets or will there be a 3 day pass option even though its 4 days this year.

South 2016 Status: .[*] 3-Day Passes .[*] Hotel .[*] Waiting Patiently .

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    How does the ticket site system work? I just want to go fri-sun this time around so do i have to buy just single day tickets or will there be a 3 day pass option even though its 4 days this year.

No one knows yet.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    This is all just speculation but I believe they'll have a 4 pass system due to the high demand each year and as each year increases with a larger attendance, I think this system will somewhat help alleviate the high stress and demand of PAX as a whole in a limited area and time.

1 Day Passes (as usual)
    2 Day Passes (Fri-Sat, Sun-Mon)
    3 Day Passes (Fri-Sun, Sat-Mon)
    4 Day Passes

• Options
    ShocknaShockna Registered User regular

Too early to say, but I seem to remember in a thread shortly after last Prime (I think the suggestions thread, but I'm not sure) that someone running the info booth was told to tell people that it would be all single day passes next year; I'd take that with a massive grain of salt though, as 7 months is a long time for things to change.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Because Prime is going to four days this year we do not know yet how the ticket system will work.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    JdeFalconrJdeFalconr Registered User regular
    Thank you!

For the last three they were on work days. Last Prime went live at around 5PM EST. I remember cause I was driving home when it happened. ;)

Hmmm that may have been for round two. As I recall their first attempt to put tix on sale was around 10am PST (1pm Eastern). Of course at that point the site asploded under the load, heads rolled and about a week later they put up a new tix site. I managed to get tickets the first time through =)

• Options
    No official information on that has yet been released.

• Options
    Perhaps speculation on ticket sales could be in it's own thread?

• Options
    edited April 2013

They have always been released on workdays & usually in the morning (West Coast time). The odd exception was the re-release of Prime 2012 in the afternoon because of the meltdown the first time.

Here is my spreadsheet that shows when year year went on sale & sold out. I have also added the approximate time they went on sale based on Twitter (they always put the registration site up awhile before they tweet so the exact time is not known to the public).
    Google Doc Spreadsheet

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: PAX PRIME 2013 Information and FAQ (READ THIS FIRST, THEN ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE).

• Options
    Kayn wrote: »
    This is all just speculation but I believe they'll have a 4 pass system due to the high demand each year and as each year increases with a larger attendance, I think this system will somewhat help alleviate the high stress and demand of PAX as a whole in a limited area and time.

1 Day Passes (as usual)
    2 Day Passes (Fri-Sat, Sun-Mon)
    3 Day Passes (Fri-Sun, Sat-Mon)
    4 Day Passes
    This is extremely unlikely. That would require the staff to be able to recognize non-counterfeit versions of 9 badges instead of 5 ( 4 single day and a 4 day). It would also make the production costs of the badges go way up.

• Options
    ^ you have a point but I figured the profit from selling nine badges would outweigh the production costs and give people more options to select the days they want to go. Also this would be a huge blow to scalpers as I can imagine adding an extra day would provide more opportunities for more people to go

• Options
    They make the most profit off of selling single day badges. The combined ones have always been cheaper. Selling more combined badges would be bad for profit unless they significantly increased the price, which they have said many times they do not want to do.

• Options
    sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Well I'm hoping it will be a 4day and four 1day passes this year. Also hoping they up the prices on multi day ones so it's not more economical to buy a 4day and only go 2 or 3.

As for the time I'd say this upcoming week or next on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. That would give them a week to clean up east and two to prepare the system.

• Options
    Bladed CicadaBladed Cicada Registered User regular
    I'm hoping for $90-95 tops for the four day.

• Options
    RichSoCashRichSoCash Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I thought I remember Khoo saying at Prime last year that there would not be 4 day passes

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff

Some guy.
  • Options
    SilvertwinnSilvertwinn Going on 40. "Get off my lawn!"Registered User regular

Thanks Khoo! :D Are you able to tell us how much they will be? Or is that still a surprise? :)

• Options

And with this revelation I totally say passes are definitely this week or next

• Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular

Thanks Khoo! :D Are you able to tell us how much they will be? Or is that still a surprise? :)
    $599 US Dollars.

• Options
    ComplexityComplexity Registered User regular
    sanovah wrote: »

And with this revelation I totally say passes are definitely this week or next

Well, panel submissions for AUS end on the 12th, according to the pax Twitter. I feel like they'll go over those before they release Prime passes.

• Options
    Unless PA is a lot smaller than a think it's probably different teams, and I think/thought most of out was automated excerpt for the announcements and updates

• Options
    sanovah wrote: »
    Unless PA is a lot smaller than a think it's probably different teams, and I think/thought most of out was automated excerpt for the announcements and updates
    PA is extremely small, but this is why they have ReedExpo to help them. They certainly have separate teams for Aus and Prime, but most of the PA people are working on BOTH afaik.

I wouldn't count on anything being automated. Pretty sure they pull the trigger manually on most things.

• Options
    BadNews65BadNews65 Data Solutions Analyst ArkansasRegistered User regular
    Yea don't expect any head warning on the passes going up. I almost missed them last year all together. When they relaunched the site it was a mad grab. By the time I got to it an hour later I could only get two 1 day passes and a hotel pretty far away from the con. I have already started camping Twitter and the site each morning.

Hopefully it won't be so crazy this year? It was a perfect storm last year and it sold out fast.

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    BadNews65 wrote: »
    Hopefully it won't be so crazy this year? It was a perfect storm last year and it sold out fast.
    With the LoL Championship being held at Prime and no BlizzCon last year, that may have been the cause for the "perfect storm." Granted, I don't know about this year, but there could be more than a few days worth. My own speculation, of course.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    BadNews65BadNews65 Data Solutions Analyst ArkansasRegistered User regular
    Agreed Cap'n. The only thing I can see causing a rush this year is the very good chance at all the next gen Consoles being there. Never know what other big events will get scheduled though.

• Options
    BadNews65 wrote: »

I can guarantee you that this year will be crazy. Expect passes to sell out just as fast, or faster this year.
    Prime has just gotten more popular each year, and this will be no exception. Yes, I am sure LOL & no BlizzCon has some influence, but if you look at the history of sellout dates, it was only a matter of time before we get to the instant sell out like Comicon due to Prime not being able to grow with the interest anymore.

I for one am camping Twitter, as well as these forums (The registration link was posted here an hour before it was tweeted last year if I remember correctly). I am fully aware that I may not be fast enough to get tickets this year, I just hope I am lucky.

IhtGIyi.png
This discussion has been closed.