As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad News Gone Right -- Move along to version 2.0

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

pff, that's not the worst thing Pizza Hut or Australia has done.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

Did they find the hand?
    looseseal.jpg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Scalpers take things a step further and steal the truck delivering Splatoon Amiibos to GAME

Amiibos are already pretty fucking hard to get hold of. Guess they're gonna be kinda impossible to get hold of now. :I

For a brief moment I thought Splatoon Amiibos was the name of an actual team, and I thought that was amazing that scalpers had just scalped an entire team

"Huh, so there's no teams left to play your game tonight ? Well I got this one team here, but it's gonna cost ya..."

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

Dear Australia,

Can we have something from your blighted shores that isn't either trying to kill us or make us suffer?

<3,
    Hedgie

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited May 2015

Dear Australia,

Can we have something from your blighted shores that isn't either trying to kill us or make us suffer?

<3,
    Hedgie
    They gave us Crocodile Dundee 1 and 2.
    What more do you want? What more can one continent do?

see317 on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

I awesome this for the irony, but I'm equally sad Canada has a creationist museum.

Ugh.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

Dear Australia,

<3,
    Hedgie

Brushtail_possum.jpg

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

I awesome this for the irony, but I'm equally sad Canada has a creationist museum.

Ugh.

I've tried to be upset by that, but everyone in the story is being so friendly and good-natured, scientists and creationists alike, that I find it impossible.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

Dear Australia,

<3,
    Hedgie

Brushtail_possum.jpg

That's a freshly-harvested human pancreas they're eating, BTW.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Due to a recent change of a law from 1615, it is no longer legal to kill Spaniards on Iceland.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Dug up an English article.
    A memorial dedicated to the 32 Basque whalers who were killed in the West Fjords in 1615 in what’s known as Iceland’s only mass murder was unveiled in Hólmavík, the West Fjords, on April 22, the last day of winter. At the occasion, West Fjords district commissioner Jónas Guðmundsson revoked the order that Basques could be killed on sight in the region.

“Of course it’s more for fun; there are laws in this country which prohibit the killing of Basques,” Jónas told mbl.is. When asked whether he’s noticed an increase of Basque tourists since the order was revoked, he responded, “at least it’s safe for them to come here now.”

• Options
    God damn it Iceland I had one dream... ONE DREAM!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular

Preacher's basque killing holiday dashed on the rocks of cold legislative revocation.

• Options
    Rhan9 wrote: »

Preacher's basque killing holiday dashed on the rocks of cold legislative revocation.

This is like the worst day of my life, worse than when Ireland made it illegal to beat your spouse. IRELAND!!!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    So is this how the US gains any sort of respect from the rest of the worldwide football community?

...what?

You think they did this to gain respect in the football community?
    It was a joke.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
  • Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular

The only way this makes sense is if the one lady took the other's cooked waffle out of the waffle iron and put it on her plate - which, who does that?

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Area woman and Area man, it seems. I felt like I was reading The Onion.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Area woman and Area man, it seems. I felt like I was reading The Onion.

Meanwhile, Mason County Sheriff Kim Cole is just shaking their saying "Not this shit again..."

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Calica wrote: »

The only way this makes sense is if the one lady took the other's cooked waffle out of the waffle iron and put it on her plate - which, who does that?
    I'm casting my vote on hangovers, possibly pre-hangover-woke-up-still-drunk

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

Dear Australia,

<3,
    Hedgie

Brushtail_possum.jpg

Bad example. Those things are pests destroying large parts of New Zealand's native forests, and a driving hazard.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    Isn't the Australian wildlife being destroyed by a plague of house cats that were brought in to kill a bunch of bunnies? I remember thinking it was especially funny considering how deadly we think Australia is.

I guess Hitler should have left that country alone.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Isn't the Australian wildlife being destroyed by a plague of house cats that were brought in to kill a bunch of bunnies? I remember thinking it was especially funny considering how deadly we think Australia is.

Much like Pizza Hut, the full deadly potential of cats was UNLOCKED by bringing them into Australia. It's the country, not the species. The whole country is like a magic crystal that mutates things into the deadliest version of themselves.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

Much like Pizza Hut, the full deadly potential of cats was UNLOCKED by bringing them into Australia. It's the country, not the species. The whole country is like a magic crystal that mutates things into the deadliest version of themselves.

I was pondering how much damage introducing squirrels could do, but then I looked it up and it turns out they already tried it and the answer is actually not very much. Kind of disappointing, in a way.

• Options
    jothki wrote: »

I was pondering how much damage introducing squirrels could do, but then I looked it up and it turns out they already tried it and the answer is actually not very much. Kind of disappointing, in a way.

You've never seen a suicidal squirrel knock out mass transit, then.

They're bright eyed, bushy tailed terrorists.

• Options

That's bullshit and you know it hedgie that was a rescue op gone wrong, RIP Dale you will be missed.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Is that what led to this?
    https://youtu.be/ucA2VM4ghw0

• Options

That's bullshit and you know it hedgie that was a rescue op gone wrong, RIP Dale you will be missed.

Chip and Dale are chipmunks, not squirrels. The other members of the team were mice, and iirc, a fly.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    Yeah pretty sure that's exactly why that kind of thing is prevalent.

As I recall the bunnies were the first problem, and then they brought in cats to kill the bunnies, and now the cats run Perth.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular

This is just the cheeseburger pizza that's already available everywhere that isn't Australia, only with the burgers replaced with pies. It was already kind of weird, they just made it completely weird.

• Options

The last major forest fire here a few years back, was caused by a squirrel running on powerlines

• Options
    FOaaS: The modern, RESTful way to tell the world to fuck off.

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    http://rt.com/usa/262909-chocolate-diet-media-hoax/
    A sensational study about the impact of chocolate on weight loss, published by a medical journal and reported in half a dozen languages across over 20 countries, was a deliberate plot to expose bad science in diet studies, its author said.
    “That study design is a recipe for false positives,” Bohannon wrote. “The results are meaningless, and the health claims that the media blasted out to millions of people around the world are utterly unfounded.”
    The next step was crafting a seductive press release, filled with carefully chosen buzzwords like “flavonoids” and “bioactive compounds” while carefully avoiding any specific claims aside from the vague notion chocolate was beneficial.
    “The key is to exploit journalists’ incredible laziness,” he added. “If you lay out the information just right, you can shape the story that emerges in the media almost like you were writing those stories yourself. In fact, that’s literally what you’re doing, since many reporters just copied and pasted our text.”

Quoting from another thread because it's awesome.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

The last major forest fire here a few years back, was caused by a squirrel running on powerlines

But everyone knows squirrels run on powerlines.

So the actual cause was poor design.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Bad example. Those things are pests destroying large parts of New Zealand's native forests, and a driving hazard.

Better example: peacock spiders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_yYC5r8xMI

They just want to dance!

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Cats are tiny Hitlers. They are nasty and genocidal and adorable and fluffy and have problem wiped out more species then anyone but humans at this point. You bring a cat to a remote island and it'll wipe out half the species there just for kicks.

This discussion has been closed.