As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad News Gone Right -- Move along to version 2.0

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    That is exactly the way I would expect a Lord to take cocaine.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
    In the story it's reported he used a £5 note to snort the cocaine. £5?!

I think that's the heart of the story right there

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Well he can't claim expenses on that. So he's gotta be a little on the cheap side.

:rotate:

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Well he can't claim expenses on that. So he's gotta be a little on the cheap side.

Yeah, it's not like he's a Canadian Senator or anything.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular

Yeah, it's not like he's a Canadian Senator or anything.

Hey, our senators have a hard life. Have you ever tried to eat broken crackers and cold brie off of a hooker's breasts?

sig.gif
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Canadian Senator sounds like it should be a euphemism for something.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Canadian Senator is the name of my new chill wave band

Joolander on
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Canadian Senator is the name of my Philosopher Kings cover band.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Canadian Senator sounds like it should be a euphemism for something.

I told the hooker I wanted a 'Canadian Senator' and she said even hookers have standards.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Canadian Senator is my safety word.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Drunk as a Canadian Senator.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    High as a Toronto Mayor.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    See, now you had to go and kill the joke.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    In the story it's reported he used a £5 note to snort the cocaine. £5?!

I think that's the heart of the story right there

Austerity. We're all in this together.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    he sounds great

I feel like if members of the house of lords were allowed to do cocaine off a prostitute's breasts once in a while the world would be a better place

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    To Weed Out Protesters at Last Night’s Event, The Satanic Temple Had Attendees Transfer Their Souls to Satan
    What’s really interesting is how TST dealt with all the threats they were getting from God-fearing Christians.

According to TST spokesperson Lucien Greaves, attendees for the event had to go through the following process:
    1) Show up at the location stated on the e-ticket.
    2) Go through a security checkpoint there.
    3) Sign a contract transferring their souls to Satan.
    4) Get the real location for the event, which was miles away.
    It worked. The event went off without a hitch.

• Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    I kind of love the things that TST pulls. Like when christian children's books were allowed to be distributed in schools, they made their own. Suddenly nobody was so keen on allowing religious organizations to do this:

JiIlNiA.png

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    So two stories...

One is about Chicago police stopping a anti-violence rally/concert because one of the performers had an outstanding warrant and decided to show up on stage.

As a hologram, while he was actually in LA.

Or the story about how a man with a concealed carry actually acted like how everyone wishes they would and managed to shoot (and wound!) the crazed gunman that was firing on him and his friends.

Would you like to know more?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    So two stories...

One is about Chicago police stopping a anti-violence rally/concert because one of the performers had an outstanding warrant and decided to show up on stage.

This is gonna be a big First Amendment cluster.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    How many times did they hit the performer before realizing it was a hologram? :P

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    So two stories...

Or the story about how a man with a concealed carry actually acted like how everyone wishes they would and managed to shoot (and wound!) the crazed gunman that was firing on him and his friends.

Even better, in the case of the hologram, the event was being held in Indiana. Chicago is in Illinois. So the police crossed state lines specifically to shut down the event on the say-so of Chicago's mayor who deemed that one performer to be banned in Chicago and viewed the event moving as an attempt to evade his order.

So yeah lots of clusterfuckery going on.

• Options
    Technically it's not a hologram but Pepper's Ghost Trick USA wasn't as catchy as Hologram USA for a company name.

In other news, a guy interning at Lego's experimental division is helping develop a Lego based bionic arm for kids that let's them play for other kids:

http://www.wired.com/2015/07/lego-makes-everything-bettereven-prosthetic-kids/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0ne-XfXtnQ

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options

Does this end with a ticker tape parade thrown by the NRA?

• Options
    In other news, a guy interning at Lego's experimental division is helping develop a Lego based bionic arm for kids that let's them play for other kids:

That is spectacular.

• Options
    http://gawker.com/famous-lion-was-killed-by-a-minnesota-dentist-with-55-1720589319

You know stories like this prove to me Karma is bullshit, someone should hunt this asshole.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    ...gone right? That's just plain depressing. Fuck that guy.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    He's apparently about to lose his business from all the backlash of being a disney villain.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    I still don't even get the idea of Big Game Hunting. Between hiring guides to do all the hard work for you and the fact that most of these Animals aren't that dangerous when you're shooting from the safety of a jeep, it's really not a sport at all.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Dick waving by people who don't have anything of note in their lives to trumpet.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Preacher wrote: »
    Dick waving by people who don't have anything of note in their lives to trumpet.

Probably with a whale of a tall tale of the hunt, too.

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    That's why I always liked fishing, because most of the time there aren't endangered fish, and you can catch and release like my hero Jeremy Wade.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Its even more sad that it was an effectively tame lion that was lured out of the park it seems and was tame enough to let the poachers remove its collar before being taken to the kill spot and shot with a cross bow. There probably won't be any legal action to punish him but I would do everything in my power to make sure his clients know what kind of guy he is and that should take care of his business pretty fast.

• Options
    I would think the same laws that get people who committ sex crimes abroad should roast someone who poaches. But I'm guessing politically that would be a no go for at least one half of the US.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I still don't even get the idea of Big Game Hunting. Between hiring guides to do all the hard work for you and the fact that most of these Animals aren't that dangerous when you're shooting from the safety of a jeep, it's really not a sport at all.

There's different types of Big Game Hunting the same with many things. The people who hunt grizzly bears solo walking where they can be smelled by and mauled by bears if they misread the wind and armed with a single shot, muzzle loaded rifle are a bit different from the people flying to Africa to shoot from a jeep with a guide armed with a rifle in case the hunter messes up the shot. Likewise the latter are different from the types roughing it the whole time and doing it on foot.

The locals in places where hunting is legal are often happy to help guide since it brings in money which makes losing the occasional goat to a predator less of a sting.

This guy is on another place entirely though given that there wasn't even even that level of effort going on.
    kaid wrote: »
    Its even more sad that it was an effectively tame lion that was lured out of the park it seems and was tame enough to let the poachers remove its collar before being taken to the kill spot and shot with a cross bow. There probably won't be any legal action to punish him but I would do everything in my power to make sure his clients know what kind of guy he is and that should take care of his business pretty fast.

The "hunt" organizer is already in legal trouble for this. Not sure what can happen to the dentist himself.

Apparently this isn't the first time he's gotten in trouble for a shady "hunt" though. He had to surrender his passport and spent a year on probation for an illegal bear kill some time in the past.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Well, after watching Little Shop of Horrors, I'm not surprised it was a dentist....

I kid, my dentist is a saint, she managed to make going to the dentist fun, even when I had a root canal.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited July 2015

There are breeding programs that basically sell surplus animals for hunts like this - kill one adult rhino that's not suitable for breeding for whatever reason and get enough money for it to breed ten more suitable replacements - a net win for conservation efforts, and really, it's no worse of a PR nightmare to let some rich goosebag shoot them than zoos that cull baby giraffes because they were cousins to all the available females and could never be bred.

Hevach on
  • Options
    His yelp page is getting curb stomped.

• Options
    Hevach wrote: »

There are breeding programs that basically sell surplus animals for hunts like this - kill one adult rhino that's not suitable for breeding for whatever reason and get enough money for it to breed ten more suitable replacements - a net win for conservation efforts, and really, it's no worse of a PR nightmare to let some rich goosebag shoot them than zoos that cull baby giraffes because they were cousins to all the available females and could never be bred.

I guess for me its just bad optics that you have poorer african countries effectively selling their animals to be murdered by rich white people. And it leads to situations like this one, where the asshole killer knows there is no way in hell he can be touched by the law so even if he breaks it, he feels fine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    10 bucks says decent hunters who hunt for food sustainably are the ones who get hit with the blowback on this one, not Rich Dick Dentist Dick, MD. (the MD stands for Mega Dick)

This discussion has been closed.