As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad News Gone Right -- Move along to version 2.0

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    The Bad News: The sad passing of wrasslin' legend Rowdy Roddy Piper.

The Gone Right: You get a good laugh at my expense. My darkest and most hilarious secret.

I was one of the kids in 'Fighting Fit with Rowdy Roddy Piper'.

Don't believe me? I just googled it and found this review. I'm the kid who he describes as trying to stop myself bursting into laughter. There's a picture. It's awesome. I think I was 7.

Sick self defence techniques though. Saved my ass a dozen times....

Behold.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    I never realised Armadillos look quite like something out of Dark Souls. Strangely appropriate.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    At 3 am, too. How much do you have to hate armadillos to run out of the house shooting at them in the middle of the night?

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Chrysis wrote: »
    I never realised Armadillos look quite like something out of Dark Souls. Strangely appropriate.

That's a 3 banded Armadillo, for most people when they think Armadillo they think of the 9 banded armadillo.

Theres also the Giant Armadillo, which is something the size of a dog and can weigh over 150lbs, and the Fairy Armadillo that looks like a lobster tail with legs.

theres more than that, too. but this isn't an Armadillo thread.

• Options
    Scooter wrote: »
    At 3 am, too. How much do you have to hate armadillos to run out of the house shooting at them in the middle of the night?

To be fair, it's possibly not about hate. Armadillos are potential carriers of leprosy.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    The first comment in that article: "Karmadillo" :D ... is the name of my next Spirit Animal/Pokemon.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

To be fair, it's possibly not about hate. Armadillos are potential carriers of leprosy.

Yeah and they are rodent/vermin to a lot of people.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Slate calls for help - please diagram this sentence by Donald Trump!
    Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, okay, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, okay, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Hahaha.

I'm not sure about most of it, but there's one bit:
    Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune-

And it's like, no, no you didn't. You inherited your fortune. You inherited everything. You're nothing without your dad.

• Options
    Further proof there is no filter or buffer between Trumps brain and mouth.

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular

"Leprosy? In my house? I don't think so@"

BANG!

"Ah, my face!"

• Options
    So they chose a mountain that doesn't get snow for the winter olympics, meaning they'll have to import the snow from an area that is currently turning arid and running out of drinking water... Its like the olympic committee wanted to out stupid the FIFA group.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I can't remember where but a few days ago I heard someone suggest that from now on all the Olympics are going to end up being hosted by dictatorships because those are the only governments that can force their people to accept the boondoggles.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I can't remember where but a few days ago I heard someone suggest that from now on all the Olympics are going to end up being hosted by dictatorships because those are the only governments that can force their people to accept the boondoggles.

Thats horribly depressing and probably accurate.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Can't the Olympics just go digital already, set up a couple servers, worldwide Ski Free and Qwop tournaments.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options

on the surface it sounds reasonable, given how hosts have to give up pesky things like rule of law, sovereignty, etc..

but even the richest dictatorship on earth couldn't make sochi not a boondoggle quagmire, most others more than likely couldn't afford to build the facilities at all

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Apparently Boston has declined to host the games so the IOC is reaching out to three other cities in the USA to put in a bid to replace them. I really hope none of the three, with Los Angeles being one, falls for this nonsense.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »

on the surface it sounds reasonable, given how hosts have to give up pesky things like rule of law, sovereignty, etc..

but even the richest dictatorship on earth couldn't make sochi not a boondoggle quagmire, most others more than likely couldn't afford to build the facilities at all

UN-run artificial island to run all international sports competitions, so there's only one more multibillion-dollar construction effort, and the facilities are used frequently rather than being abandoned.

• Options

UN-run artificial island to run all international sports competitions, so there's only one more multibillion-dollar construction effort, and the facilities are used frequently rather than being abandoned.

Because they have such a great track record don't they.

• Options
    DunderDunder Registered User regular
    A permanent Olympic site with the maintenance bill shared among participating nations sounds like the best way. Use every 4 years (or more frequent even, world champs can be held there etc) is better than the current of state-of-the-art-used-once* we see currently. We can even keep a host nation ceremony to spread around, allowing even smaller nations to act as hosts.

The problems is of course where to place it, and how it gets kind of boring seeing the same venue every time. A lot of other issues as well, I just grabbed two off the top of my head.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Losing athletes have to fight through wild animals and dangerous terrain before their planes take off on the other side of the island.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    http://arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2015/08/robot-depending-on-kindness-of-strangers-meets-its-demise-in-philadelphia/

Nothing really gone right with this one outside of a "right about where I would expect this."

Edit: Geth apparently scanned it without noting the fratricide.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Dunder wrote: »
    A permanent Olympic site with the maintenance bill shared among participating nations sounds like the best way. Use every 4 years (or more frequent even, world champs can be held there etc) is better than the current of state-of-the-art-used-once* we see currently. We can even keep a host nation ceremony to spread around, allowing even smaller nations to act as hosts.

The problems is of course where to place it, and how it gets kind of boring seeing the same venue every time. A lot of other issues as well, I just grabbed two off the top of my head.
    http://arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2015/08/robot-depending-on-kindness-of-strangers-meets-its-demise-in-philadelphia/

Nothing really gone right with this one outside of a "right about where I would expect this."

Theres been several of these types of things.

The only surprise to me is that they last more than an hour because people are assholes.

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    Ultimate Olympics: All events (Winter and Summer) are held inside the Gigadome™, an immense, ruinously expensive facility built in Antarctica. All animal based events are eliminated, no more dancing horses. All drugs and artificial enhancements are allowed. At this Olympics, nothing but the very best will be accepted and yes, the athletes did ask for this, even the 12 year old female gymnasts from China. Events will take place according to when the maximum amount of people will tune in to watch the free live stream.

Other than the original construction contracts and later supply and maintenance contracts, corruption will plummet. No more billion dollar stadiums abandoned after a few weeks use. The prosthetics and drug industries will be turbocharged as countries vie for dominance. All the ridiculous broadcasting rights causing events to air "live" hours after they've happened will be gone. And best of all, no more stupid horse events.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular

The only surprise to me is that they last more than an hour because people are assholes.

I'd like to note that Hitchbot made it safely across Canada.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

I'd like to note that Hitchbot made it safely across Canada every other country they attempted this in.

Updated.

American Exceptionalism!

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

I'd like to note that Hitchbot made it safely across Canada every other country they attempted this in.

Updated.

American Exceptionalism!

USA! USA! USA! USA!

• Options
    To be fair, it went to Philadelphia.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Philly is just being hyper-vigilant against the coming robopocalypse, is all.

That's also why we routinely tear down street lights and shoot at news helicopters.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

So there were a couple of guys who were up to no good?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »

So there were a couple of guys who were up to no good?

Started sendin' robots to our neighborhood.

see317 on
  • Options
    Chinese man kicks dog out of parking space, dog returns with friends to fuck up car

B_28gP6WwAALum0.jpg

He did actually kick the dog to get it to move.

Asshole

Looks like these dogs knew who was the real top dog.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.