As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NY/NJ] hangout thread: The thread for doing things in a place with people you know

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    My mom picked out Ada's costume before she was even born. One of the little aliens from toy story. I was contemplating making a costume to go along with it. Maybe a huge fake claw? From a claw machine. But that is probably more work than I want to do (which is probably none at this point).
    Are people doing Halloween on Friday this year? We were thinking a first birthday party for Ada on Sunday if people were hungover Saturday. But if people are doing Saturday things, we might as well do Saturday afternoon.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I'm out of town regrettably

So are we :( sowwy

Ha, yeah, I know you are going to the Javalina to nurse beast back to life after he runs a hundred miles through the desert
    redx wrote: »
    There has been some interest expressed offline in possibly revisiting the Batvillains for Halloween this year - - would anyone be interested in this ? I am willing to do the prop and costume work aside from what we already have in inventory

I would tentatively be down assuming doing things in NYC is a thing I do.

Edit: I sort of just picked up a sewing machine that I need to learn to utilize.

Rad! At this point I have no idea if we have a plan... If there's a character or idea you have in mind, I can help!

(also yay sewing machine!)
    My mom picked out Ada's costume before she was even born. One of the little aliens from toy story. I was contemplating making a costume to go along with it. Maybe a huge fake claw? From a claw machine. But that is probably more work than I want to do (which is probably none at this point).
    Are people doing Halloween on Friday this year? We were thinking a first birthday party for Ada on Sunday if people were hungover Saturday. But if people are doing Saturday things, we might as well do Saturday afternoon.

You want to have an Ada birthday party on the weekend of November 1st? Sunday always works better for me but I know I am in the minority there.

My suggestion for the Toy Story alien costume would be Pizza Planet delivery person - - trucker hat and t-shirt with Pizza Planet on it, super easy.

• Options
    Yeah, her birthday is the third, so the weekend before seemed a good time. I'm hesitant to do too much for Halloween, since she can't eat candy or anything.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Try hard option: also use cardboard to turn babby stroller into pizza planet delivery truck.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    True! I meant more if you were planning to go to an event in costume or somethin.

• Options
    @redx did you have a costume in mind? Would you want to join in for whatever we end up with? Looks like it's going to be a mishmash of cool random characters (@No-Quarter wants to be the King in Yellow, for example) and we will do the parade or try to find a good bar-tab type costume contest because momma like drinking for free in exchange for making crazy ass costume and makeup effects

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    http://www.grandbanks.org/

LOL, It's the Frying Pan for Grown Ups. Raz and I are going to hit this up before the weather gets too cold for drinks and maybe a snack.

Anyone down?

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Uhh... OK. For various reasons involving mostly compatibility with being loud as fuck(lol the man burns in 336 days), and feeling like doing something male, I'm going for the riddler.

Hoping to join in with shit y'all are throwing down... Or whatever.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Uhh... OK. For various reasons involving mostly compatibility with being loud as fuck(lol the man burns in 336 days), and feeling like doing something male, I'm going for the riddler.

Hoping to join in with shit y'all are throwing down... Or whatever.

@redx‌ !
    We got parts for Riddler if you want to use 'em, most of them courtesy of @Tomewyrm a few years back!
    we have a bowler hat, tie, and jacket, most of which are nexus-sized so you should fit 'em

We're going to be a weird mess of stuff this year, but it's cool. @No-Quarter‌ is going to be the King in Yellow and nexus is going as an Innsmouth Fisherman of some variety (going to make him up to be vaguely fishperson) and I'm Han Solo because fuck it I think it will be hilarious at work
    (we have kind of a lot of life-size Star Wars memorabilia, it is p ridic)
    ((my shop cat is getting dressed up as Chewbacca for at least the amount of time it will take to get hilarious instagram selfie))

If you want to stop by Sunday anytime during the day
    (or Saturday night, but I don't get off work til 6 and I will be the grumpiest kitten because omg the casting job I'm on at work right now just will not end and I will need copious amounts of alcohol which is not the best for measuring things)
    we can check sizing and stuff!

tapeslinger on
  • Options
    TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    My legacy remains! With green bowlers and purple ties! :biggrin:

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    TomeWyrm wrote: »
    My legacy remains! With green bowlers and purple ties! :biggrin:

I wish i had some pictures(oh hell I could just put on the thing)

we found a perfect super worn green jacket for the costume that looked awesome

• Options
    Might be some pictures on Facebook from the party on 9Cs page or Tony's. I'll look. I have like 1 and you can barely see the jacket details in it

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Can't find a good one of nexus but here's @Casual Eddy and @syndalis with some broey dude in a Wolverine costume and Tony from 9C. Halloween 2012

IMG_324916751434063.jpeg

tapeslinger on
  • Options
    friendly reminder that the ShipWreck is on tomorrow at the Bell House
    8pm
    Listen to insane slash fic about Watchmen
    drink heavily to relieve the pain

http://www.thebellhouseny.com/event/631755

join usssss

• Options
    Just a heads up. We're doing a 1st birthday thing for Adeline on November 2.
    Probably in the afternoon, and probably in the park near our apartment (by the cloisters up at 190th Street) depending on the weather. We'll nail it down closer to the day.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Back from the wedding! mikeman is wed!

• Options
    Three Sundays til Halloween! Anyone down to go thrift shopping in Manhattan this Sunday to see what we can find for costume parts etc?

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I'm going to union pool to see my friends band play at 9 pm if anyone is interested

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Three Sundays til Halloween! Anyone down to go thrift shopping in Manhattan this Sunday to see what we can find for costume parts etc?

Yeah. I think maybe? I kinda already ordered a suit, which I was hoping would be here by now, but whatevers... wanted to get an idea of your swag.

Shrug.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    oops i would have gone prolly casual eddy had i seen this earlier mb

poo
  • Options

Yeah. I think maybe? I kinda already ordered a suit, which I was hoping would be here by now, but whatevers... wanted to get an idea of your swag.

Shrug.

Stop by anyway and try on stuff! I'm gonna look a couple places tonight before I go home so I might not even need to go into the city on Sunday after all @redx

• Options
    Soooo my birthday is this week but I;m waiting till this weekend (the 17th and 18th respectively) to celebrate.

Let's go to the Slaughtered Lamb and got blasted. Maybe play some Eldritch Horror with the expansion we're working on getting. :P

• Options
    My terrible spelling besides, all of you suck except for tapes and de facto nexus.

GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYS! (And girls.)

BIRTHDAY! DRINKING! CTHULHU (F'THAGN)!

• Options
    I could host some board games earlier on saturday and on sunday!

• Options
    Sunday would be rad

• Options
    I'd be down for either day.

• Options
    So sunday at eddy's sounds like the time. Anyone else interested in coming. Looks like Mansions of Madness or Eldritch Horror are going ot be the games of choice.

@vanguard
    @syndalis‌
    @Litejedi‌
    @tapeslinger‌

• Options
    So sunday at eddy's sounds like the time. Anyone else interested in coming. Looks like Mansions of Madness or Eldritch Horror are going ot be the games of choice.

vanguard
    syndalis‌
    Litejedi‌
    tapeslinger‌

As long as @Casual Eddy‌ is cool with us coming by Sunday, I'm in. I might be more focused on sewing or knittin, etc, but I would love to hang out either way

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

lifebooooaaaaaattttt

• Options
    LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular
    I'll talk to mulysa. Might be hard with the kiddo, especially getting to the East side. Plus we were going to Ikea for a tube for Ada to play in.

3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

lifebooooaaaaaattttt

What?

• Options
    I don't believe we can come. Ada is now ambulatory. Non-Babyproof places are not in the cards until she can at least understand the word 'no'.

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

lifebooooaaaaaattttt

What?

amazing sounding game we just picked up. Here is a review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P67K7L_xmw

Here is another review, but this one was made by a serial killer or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCRFA3Rrm8M

• Options
    Does it involve yelling at people "he's a life preserver!"

• Options

if it did, it'd be GOTY hands down.

• Options
    you just like yelling at people I guess

• Options

Not seeing anything in the faq that says you CAN'T....

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    This is SUPER last minute, but looking to do a brunch tomorrow before boardgames at Eddy's.

There is a place called The Crooked Knife near to Eddy's that supposedly does good brunch, and they have bottomless mimosas/marys.

A noonish brunch before boardgames.

Would love to know who is in in the near term so we can get a table now.

@vanguard
    @syndalis‌
    @Litejedi‌
    @tapeslinger‌
    @Deebaser‌
    @Casual Eddy
    @nexuscrawler‌
    @Hakkekage‌
    @BEAST!‌

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    U can has my ax

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Hey boners I'm in NJ. What's poppin off

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here