As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Games You Wish For

12346»

• Options
    eryu90eryu90 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I guess the one game I would wish for is probably a Tech Romancer 2.

eryu90 on
  • Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    A sandboxish game based around the same idea as Groundhog's Day where the only story is that someone in the town you're trapped in is accidentally causing the time loop. Your only goal in the game is to fix the time loop, everything else is up to you.

Have a city full of characters, each fully fleshed out.
    Have consequences for your all of your actions. You kill someone and get caught, you go to jail. If you die, you wake up at the beginning of the day.
    You're character has amnesia, and can't remember who he is or where he is. This would make the first couple of days more interesting, as you learn your place socially.
    An evolving map that at first would be like a child's drawing, but as you observe people's actions and explore would evolve into a detailed painting with moving people in it.

This was done in a very abominable game called Ephemeral Fantasia. You were on an island with a *massive* city where you could go in absolutely every house and explore to your heart's content..however, you have to solve the mystery before 5 days are up, because then the island resets and time begins anew. The only differences you can make are meeting party members and convincing them to join your cause, then they join you every time the world shifts back. Another difference is that the monsters get more difficult every time the island resets.

Eventually you get something that allows you to keep certain items and weapons every time shift. Eventually, you build up your posse to take on the dude who is causing the time shift, and the game ends.

It is very sandbox-like in that you are not required to do anything the game tells you, however to advance the story and plot you have to meet certain characters at certain times. There was a world map that uncovered itself as you explored new areas, but not in the cool way that you're talkinga bout.

You know, I picked this game up out of the bargain bin for $5 just because the name amused me, due to a conversation about generic names my friend and I were having.

This was over a year ago. I have yet to actually try the game. I may fix that soon.

Be warned; it's probably the hardest game to get into initially, as without a guide you will not know what to do. You have to be a pretty good detective, and always be on time(the in-game clock and map don't help you very much at all).

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    PC game?

LewieP on
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I want a new 2D Bionic Commando for the DS. Of course, if it were to be made, it would probably appear on the PSP, because Capcom likes reinventing the classics for Sony's portable.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    PJBROWNPJBROWN Registered User new member
    edited March 2007
    I would like to see Nippon Ichi contracted by Square Enix to make a new Final Fantasy Tactics. That would please me immensely.

PJBROWN on
  • Options
    PJBROWNPJBROWN Registered User new member
    edited March 2007
    AGREED!

PJBROWN on
  • Options
    KoopaParatroopaKoopaParatroopa Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    saikocat wrote: »
    Vampire: The Masquerade MMO

It is being done

White Wolf was bought by CCP. CCP is a MMO company. Their current MMO is not based on the Everquest model, and is basically 99% player driven as well.

The game is going to epic.

KoopaParatroopa on
  • Options
    FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Team Buddies on XBLA. It is one of the greatest console multiplayer games of all time.

FreddyD on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    A Fire Emblem DS game.

Metal Gear Solid 4 for 360!!!!

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    A survivor style game in the same vein as Robinsons Requiem. Surviving on an alien planet after a crashlanding, hunting for food and furs while trading with different tribes in order to build up a sustainable existence. Endgame would be to either escape the planet or to settle down with one of the tribes . I guess it would be some kind of unholy union between Lost in blue and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    gneGnegneGne Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Diablo 3, StarCraft 2, Warcraft IV.

gneGne on
    pasigcopyox6.jpg