As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Age of Wushu] Is this blood? It's bleeding! You shall die!

• Options
    F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    OK, I've joined the Shaolin school! This is pretty cool so far, I definitely want to like it. Time to try and join the PA guild!

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    Nerdtendo wrote: »
    One of the recipes Aldo gave me I already had.

Blue Satin Pants Book

First come, first serve.

edit:

Also, any craftsmen able to make me Haishu Hasp? Necessary for shin guard recipe I have.

Talk to the tailor trainer, she sells haishu hasps iirc

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    MithMith Registered User regular
    Talk to the tailor trainer, she sells haishu hasps iirc

The tailor trainer sells a different type of hasp, only good for the basic White Satin stuff. (I have the same recipe and looked a couple days ago.)
    Axen- Nergui (Craftsmen)
    Aldo - Alds (Blacksmith)
    Banzai5150 - Dwidus(Chef/Painter/Divinator)
    Arthil - Akeche(Craftsman/Painter)
    Kass - Qasamir (Herbalist)
    CyberJackal - Jiaxua (Poison Maker)
    TheKoolEagle - Keagle (Blacksmith)
    Nerdtendo - WiiMote (Tailor/Painter)
    Cobell - YuPianZhou (Chef/Music)
    wmelon - ChiangBing (Blacksmith)
    DesmondPfeiffer - Replicant (Tailor)
    Mith - Mith (Tailor/Weiqi)

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Man, from what I'm hearing the things Snail is doing to stop goldspammers is starting to get a bit heavy handed and people with legit accounts are getting caught up in it.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Gold selling makes literally no sense in this game. NPC cash is super easy to come by and you can buy Taels anyway?

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    They're undercutting the official conversion rate by like a factor of 10 or something, and I think are a part of why prices are spiralling out of control right now.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    They're undercutting the official conversion rate by like a factor of 10 or something, and I think are a part of why prices are spiralling out of control right now.

This means thought old spammers are either A)buying Taels and selling them at a loss or B) having to actively sell things on the player markets, which means having to spend time and effort to aquire the very product there devaluing.

Norgoth on
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »

This means thought old spammers are either A)buying Taels and selling them at a loss or B) having to actively sell things on the player markets, which means having to spend time and effort to aquire the very product there devaluing.

Or they're hacking/exploiting... which is the most likely story.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HmudaHmuda "What other game lets you kill a Giant Spider and use its body to make soap?" - Dwarf Fortress Registered User regular
    Axen- Nergui (Craftsmen)
    Aldo - Alds (Blacksmith)
    Hmuda - Hmuda (Chef/Calligraphy)

Space Engine videos with appropriate music. Enjoy. :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Hmuda
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »

Labor is cheap in sweat shops and it's not like gold spammers are in it for the long haul: there's always new games coming out.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Axen- Nergui (Craftsmen)
    Aldo - Alds (Blacksmith)
    CorriganX - Corrigan (No crafts as of yet)

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Apparently the latest measure to prevent gold selling is to prevent you from sending any money to any other character unless its tagged with a CoD for an item.

So, trade directly to alts or CoD some junk tradeable item.

Also, coolest thing I learned today. You can chain your flying skills if you activate a non targetable skill inbetween each flying skill use. So you could chain air dash or chain jump or a mix between the two.

PoolCue on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    So Now that I've gotten into the game I can say that it sure is... a thing.

Yes it is.

Hmmmm...

• Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    PoolCue wrote: »
    Apparently the latest measure to prevent gold selling is to prevent you from sending any money to any other character unless its tagged with a CoD for an item.

So, trade directly to alts or CoD some junk tradeable item.

Also, coolest thing I learned today. You can chain your flying skills if you activate a non targetable skill inbetween each flying skill use. So you could chain air dash or chain jump or a mix between the two.

Loved that trick in beta. No need to get a slowfall flying skill. In PVP we would jump off cliffs and just hit our parry skill > air dash > parry > air dash. Infinitely too since your flight recharged enough if you spaced things.

Its fantastic when stealing scrolls from schools like Emei where you can jump off the giant cliff with the waterfall to escape.

That's cool that people are actually playing this now.
    Only reason I got bored of the game was how terrible the large scale PVP due to the strong AOE classes. Things are actually rather balanced in 1v1 situations and it functions like a fighting game pretty much where skill and controlling your opponent matters most. But in big PVP battles, bring more AOE or fail. Since anyone can have any skill in the long term its still sorta balanced, just as long as everyone has the same OP AOE skills.

Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Aldo wrote: »
    Oh yea: if you're a painter or scholar it's worth mentioning as well, because those mofos get to make stuff as well. Musicians and Go Chess players are less interesting, they get to buff other players.

Come to think of it...do higher level musicians get longer buffs that last after I finish the song? I'm asking because currently the buff is only active while I'm sitting down playing Guitar Hero.

In beta I got my music high enough so that you gave buffs while fighting. Gotta raise that rank and max out your music exp everyday.

In later on PVE stuff its like having a red made in FFXI, regenerting peoples inner force (mana). Although anyone can be a musician so its not like pulling teeth in FFXI to get a damn bard or RDM in your group.

The Weiqi chess thing can also give buffs that are similar and much wanted in PVE.

If you dont have those buffs, consumable inner force pill thingies are vendor bought and do ok. PVE comes down to Array Skills though, the attack you get from using an Array becomes an attack that hits harder than any class related ability... so ya, not a game to play for good PVE. In beta we only did the harder instances to get flight skill scrolls since flight skills are super important in PVP. Without certain ones you will hate PVP.

Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    There was a trick before where if you blocked at the right time while air dashing you wouldn't ever use your flying skill meter so you could air dash even more frequently but it was patched out apparently

• Options
    DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    Okay, so the details of the Jet Li event are here for any who were curious. The four rarer coins sell for a decent amount in shop, so something to consider if you don't care about the actual event prizes.

http://www.ageofwushu.com/static/jetli_event/

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Go to GameStop.com, hover your mouse over the PC button on the top nav.
    Then go to the PC page and look at best sellers.
    8-)

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Sold a sword I had made (tier 2 recipe) that I also quenched last night, made 50 liang off of it! Pretty excited to have an actual sale happen instead of little sales that net me like 2 liang

• Options
    edited April 2013
    I can't get a hold of anyone, but I want into the guild! It's one of my quests right now. My character on Blue Dragon is "Ehmavisca".

F87 on
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    FYI, even if you have the quest you might not qualify for the actually joining a guild. That said, I think we're mainly on at night.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Cobell wrote: »
    FYI, even if you have the quest you might not qualify for the actually joining a guild. That said, I think we're mainly on at night.

Wangmen mostly come out at night... mostly.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    OK, I will keep going through the guides and try to get a good handle on the game, then I will join up if possible.

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    Axen- Nergui (Craftsmen)
    Aldo - Alds (Blacksmith)
    Maguano - Squirrelbait (none yet)

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    KassKass Registered User regular
    Sold a sword I had made (tier 2 recipe) that I also quenched last night, made 50 liang off of it! Pretty excited to have an actual sale happen instead of little sales that net me like 2 liang
    Quick, make a scholar sword and I"ll buy that from you (the crafting system is interesting, but I the randomness of it can be frustrating if you're hoping for something specific).

• Options
    haha I need to get a bunch of craftsmen made items to make more swords, but I'll try!

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    haha I need to get a bunch of craftsmen made items to make more swords, but I'll try!

He didn't ask for excuses. He demands swords. DEMANDS!

• Options
    Kass wrote: »
    Quick, make a scholar sword and I"ll buy that from you (the crafting system is interesting, but I the randomness of it can be frustrating if you're hoping for something specific).
    goooooood luck with that.

• Options
    DigitoDigito Registered User regular
    So what kinda crafters do we generally need the most out of anyways? I was thinking of playing with Blacksmithing simply because I like swords.

• Options
    KassKass Registered User regular
    Kass wrote: »
    goooooood luck with that.
    Yah... it was more, if he makes more and happens to get a scholar one to sell it to me rather than some random Joe Shmoe. Sorry if it came across that I'm being a demanding goose (I chat fairly often with him in-game... I don't think he's too annoyed at my request).

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Axen- Nergui (Craftsmen)
    Aldo - Alds (Blacksmith)
    Maguano - Squirrelbait (none yet)[/quote]
    MrVyngaard - DelunPhezhi (???? / Weiqi)

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    okay so theres a few applications in right now, but i don't know if they are posters in this thread. Please let me know if one of the names below is you:

Shisen
    Grimnir
    NlueFang
    Natsu450
    Aquila

• Options
    Fantastication2Fantastication2 Registered User regular
    Axen- Nergui (Craftsmen)
    Aldo - Alds (Blacksmith)
    Fantastication2 - Fantapants (chef/painter temporarily)

• Options
    Axen- Nergui (Craftsmen)
    Aldo - Alds (Blacksmith)
    Fantastication2 - Fantapants (chef/painter temporarily)
    Norgoth- Evidar (Blacksmith/Weiqi)

In regards to the sword, do scholars use one handed blades, or one handed swords like the wudang? Because if that's the case the swords are the same, it's the quench that's random ( also mad expensive, tier 2 sword is 10 or 15 pupil ingot and 10 liang in Taels for the first quench)

• Options
    @The_Spaniard are you guys working on fixing the big lag issues? It is super frustrating to try and fight bosses or players with the 500ms lag I'm constantly dealing with. :(

• Options
    I don't know if this actually helps but if you check the advanced settings in the battle tab of the interface options there's some sort of slider that has to do with your ping.

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    so.. the school patrol "missions" is there more to it than wandering around hoping a player from another school happens to come into your school?

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    Maguano wrote: »
    so.. the school patrol "missions" is there more to it than wandering around hoping a player from another school happens to come into your school?

Nope.

OK, there's the "being killed cruelly once you grab a spy only to find out that someone 10x your level" part.

• Options
    Aldo wrote: »
    Maguano wrote: »

Nope.

OK, there's the "being killed cruelly once you grab a spy only to find out that someone 10x your level" part.

There's also making siren noises and relentlessly chasing random strangers around the school while you ask them if they'be been staying out of trouble.

• Options
    Always check the strength of someone before trying to fight them,
    the list goes something like:
    Lacking Understanding
    First Understanding
    Untapped Potential
    Realized Potential
    One with Nature
    Flows with chi?
    Max Level

Each strength means they have 5 levels of internal trained, maximum internal school skill is level 36.

Also quenching tier 2 blades/swords is 25 pupil ingots and 10 liang for the first enchant, I actually made the sword Kass wanted yesterday so he is a happy camper