As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So much joy! So much excitement! So much congratulations! [Weddings and Getting Married]

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    congrats again, bro

so happy for you! and also Didge and Duck! I think I spent my entire Sunday evening just flicking through photos on Facebook!

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    so for some reason last night, I had a dream that we re-did our wedding in the most ridiculous manner possible.

It was like we took the wedding to Disneyworld, there were people dressed up in fox costumes and singing random sing-songy disney type songs and @Sheri was my maid of honor.

Nope. No idea.

But from what I remembered when I woke up, everybody had a great time!

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    wedding anniversary budddiiiieeeessssssss

Congrats @fightinfilipino !! Lovely pictures. :D

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Not that I should ever have a reason to do this again, but if I did I would hella not do it myself and try to stick to a low budget. Holy mother of god it's like I suddenly remembered 900 things I need to have done in 8 days that I have forgotten until RIGHTNOW

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    it turns out that instead of ordering my wedding band and having it for me to pick up today the jeweler decided instead to not do that

I'm not sure about the specifics really, the clerk was in the middle of a really ripping yarn about why it absolutely wasn't their fault that they knew the ring was out of stock for two weeks and didn't tell me, even when I called, until I physically showed up in their store this very afternoon, when I lost interest and wandered off

I was thinking about clark's law, about sufficiently advanced incompetence being indistinguishable from malice and all that, and how if at any point they had let slip there might be trouble getting the thing I could potentially have made alternative arrangements, but now, by diligently stringing me along until two days before my wedding they've really put me into a bind

or they would have, had I not been holding a back-up ring in secret against the possibility of such an event, because I am a crazy person

or worse, not

but I still feel like I should make life difficult for somebody over this

I feel like this has been very poor service

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    Not that I should ever have a reason to do this again, but if I did I would hella not do it myself and try to stick to a low budget. Holy mother of god it's like I suddenly remembered 900 things I need to have done in 8 days that I have forgotten until RIGHTNOW

this single post should replace every single wedding blog ever.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    it turns out that instead of ordering my wedding band and having it for me to pick up today the jeweler decided instead to not do that

I'm not sure about the specifics really, the clerk was in the middle of a really ripping yarn about why it absolutely wasn't their fault that they knew the ring was out of stock for two weeks and didn't tell me, even when I called, until I physically showed up in their store this very afternoon, when I lost interest and wandered off

I was thinking about clark's law, about sufficiently advanced incompetence being indistinguishable from malice and all that, and how if at any point they had let slip there might be trouble getting the thing I could potentially have made alternative arrangements, but now, by diligently stringing me along until two days before my wedding they've really put me into a bind

or they would have, had I not been holding a back-up ring in secret against the possibility of such an event, because I am a crazy person

or worse, not

but I still feel like I should make life difficult for somebody over this

I feel like this has been very poor service

Give em hell, because that incompetence may well ruin another couple's day and that sounds totally awful.

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Got married yesterday!

It was p. cool

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    ps hi wedding thread here's my contribution

7oAYrwh.png

it's me and @Stareosarus‌

her mom made them!

• Options
    LOOK AT DEM GAY BABIES

H6AmZHZ.png

• Options
    After a big production last night about how we don't want her here and she doesn't feel welcome so she might as well not come anyway, my mom told me today she isn't coming to my wedding because she doesn't think she can handle being reminded of her own wedding since her and dad split up. Of course, her and dad split up two years ago, but according to mom she didn't "know" until September that they were really broken up. September being over a month AFTER THE DIVORCE WAS FINALIZED. A divorce that's been in progress for about two years. OK sure. Yeah.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Some people just want everything to be about themselves. I'm sorry you have to deal with that crap on your wedding.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Did my hair & makeup trial yesterday and loved the look we came up with! Gonna look sooooooooooooo purdy! Eeeeeeeee! :D

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Ho hum just got a heads up that one of my friends is considering to have his wedding in Austria instead of the Netherlands, because the bride is from there. (Even though she has lived here now for 14 years)
    1400km is a lot of travel for a wedding, really wondering who will and will not go to that. Really doubting myself I can really only afford 1 trip per year and this wasn't really what I was planning.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    As someone who is having part of her wedding in Singapore because my extended family is there, if you can't make it then don't go. The couple know that asking people to travel is a big ask and they will understand. I have a bff travelling from Switzerland to Australia for our Perth ceremony too and I am super glad he can make it because I know plenty of my other friends from overseas can't.

That said, whinging about it here doesn't endear me to your complaint at all.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    As someone who is having part of her wedding in Singapore because my extended family is there, if you can't make it then don't go. The couple know that asking people to travel is a big ask and they will understand. I have a bff travelling from Switzerland to Australia for our Perth ceremony too and I am super glad he can make it because I know plenty of my other friends from overseas can't.

That said, whinging about it here doesn't endear me to your complaint at all.

Yeah if they're like most of us they'll be reasonable and know not everyone can make it. When I was planning a destination wedding about a million years ago we were going to have a local reception and a destination wedding ceremony.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    My fiancee's brother has mentioned having a destination wedding with his new lady who he has been seeing less than 5 months before our wedding next year which is kind of an assholish move to make I think?

But at the same time, I think he's all talk.

Not that I think he can't get married before us or anything, he's three years older, it's just the financial burden that he would put his family through to attend. For reference, their father raised four kids on a teaching salary and side jobs(he worked his ass off)while their mother raised the kids and took them to all extracurricular activities.

I think he kind of went off the deep end since he found out that the woman he was engaged to and has a toddler with already was cheating on him and moved away. Understandably distressing.

Note: we will be receiving some financial assistance from her family, and mine, but mostly footing the bill ourselves.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    One month

Time to look into our license, finalize the ceremony, and plan reception seating... after we chase down the last rsvps of course.

It's still kind of hard to process that it's almost here!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Got married last night, spending tonight at the er with my friend who may have gallbladder problems... Husband (!!!!) said 'do I need to go with you? Is that the husband thing to do?'

I knew but I didn't really realize that while everyone came to town for our wedding, we were so busy we got to see almost no one! That's kind of a bummer

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Congrats on the wedding! Can't wait to see some photos!

Sorry about the friend!

And the Husband (!!!!) doesn't go away anytime soon. Enjoy it!

• Options
    Bé ChuilleBé Chuille Registered User regular
    So yesterday, 3 women that I've been friends with for over 10 years now told me they really don't enjoy spending time with me and gave me the friendship equivalent of breaking up with me. Without any real explanation, mind.

I'm sort of at a loss as to what to do now, I had plans for each of them to be involved in my wedding ceremony somehow and now there's a big hole, as well as in my circle of friends.

At least I have a while to decide what to do, and thank god I decided to ask different people to be in my bridal party.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Thats awful, Chuille. I'm so sorry !

• Options
  • Options
    I LOVE your bouquet, cabsy!

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Hey is there a general relationships thread anymore? Can't seem to find one, and I have posts that need making!

• Options
    oh my god the pumpkin is amazing!

and the bouquet!

It looks lovely!

So happy for you!

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Apparently while pretty drunk I told my fiancee that "We really should pick a date for our wedding, because fiancee is really inefficient in syllables to say compared to wife"

She has told me that is the most romantic thing I have ever said to her.

Hashtag ways to know you found the one.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Hey is there a general relationships thread anymore? Can't seem to find one, and I have posts that need making!

Nah, it's on a break for a while.

• Options
    At PAX Australia over the weekend, Blake and I both played the Sunset Overdrive hands-on and we placed first and second (respectively). It was neat and we also got to get caricatures done by some artists as a reward for topping the scoreboard!

#waystoknowyoufoundtheone

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    You and your husband are too adorable together, casby. I can't deal. Congratulations!

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    We were in the car on the way home and somebody cut us up on the roundabout. I remarked that he should have to suffer for his... And at that moment, we both decided that the most accurate term to use was "twattitude", a word we had never used before, yet said in unison.

Hashtag ways to know you've found the one

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    Got married last night, spending tonight at the er with my friend who may have gallbladder problems... Husband (!!!!) said 'do I need to go with you? Is that the husband thing to do?'

I knew but I didn't really realize that while everyone came to town for our wedding, we were so busy we got to see almost no one! That's kind of a bummer

hope the friend recovers ok!

seems like the couple getting married uniformly get to see everyone and no one at their own wedding. definitely a bummer, but i think your family and friends and guests in general understand.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    When you get out of the shower late at night and dry yourself off, then go get in to bed and you are freezing cold but your sleeeping partner instinctively snuggles up to you to warm you up...

#youshouldprobablymarrythatmotherfucker

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Chris,I am sorry but we will never get married.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Aww broken hearts happening right out in the open

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    That's my heat and I'll be dammed if someone is just going to show up and take it.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I've always suspected that Blake failed to bring the heat in the bedroom.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Blake T wrote: »
    That's my heat and I'll be dammed if someone is just going to show up and take it.

mmm yes this is what I hear every time I get into bed at a colder temperature than him

even though I totally snuggle up to him when he's the cold one to keep him warm

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    hello wedding thread! our pre-wedding photos have come in! I've already shared a few but here is a link to the whole album:

http://imgur.com/a/llfRy

Blake likes the photos and they are growing on me the more I look at them, but I do find myself second-guessing the photos a bit, too! even though there's no point doing that because we've already signed a contract and paid a deposit!

I think I will come to love them and love the ones we'll get on the day, but I guess this is my not-subtle way of asking for thoughts/feedback on the photos if anyone could spare the time to look at them, or at least to assure me that I am being normal about this (insofar as normal behaviour exists in this case)!

• Options
    Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    The photos are great.

But that could be because you are beautiful people.