As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2013 Parties

• Options
    Chuck Liddell FanChuck Liddell Fan Registered User regular
    Jonny09 wrote: »
    Well ill make sure iam around for that cant top free grub & possible swag as well lol

I see your free food/swag and raise you free booze! winning!

Lol I dont drink but well played!

Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
  • Options
    kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    helen0rz wrote: »
    Not sure if this counts as a party...because really it doesn't, but it's an event?
    Here's where we'll be at PAX Prime on August 31, 2013!

PAX Prime / PAX Seattle
    August 31, 2013
    802 Pine Street, Seattle, WA
    11:30am - 3:00pm

Join us at PAX Prime for free food, exclusive swag, and the chance to hang out with other fans of The Elder Scrolls Online!

This is for the Elder Scrolls Online food truck that's making it's way around the country, it was also at PAX East.

Just as a heads up, the food and swag is on a first come first serve basis.

So there WILL be swag? I was wondering about that. Honestly I care more about free food lol

If they are sticking with the same menu as what they had at E3, the grilled cheese is AMAZING. Seriously, I would line up just for that. Other things they offered on the "menu" included a choice between three different dips for the grilled cheese, pickles, and some fruit punch. A bottle of water was offered as an alternative to the punch, but with the punch came in a collectible plastic cup. And yes, there will be some swag.

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • Options
    helen0rzhelen0rz Registered User regular
    kemikal wrote: »
    Not sure if this counts as a party...because really it doesn't, but it's an event?

PAX Prime / PAX Seattle
    August 31, 2013

Join us at PAX Prime for free food, exclusive swag, and the chance to hang out with other fans of The Elder Scrolls Online!

This is for the Elder Scrolls Online food truck that's making it's way around the country, it was also at PAX East.

So there WILL be swag? I was wondering about that. Honestly I care more about free food lol

If they are sticking with the same menu as what they had at E3, the grilled cheese is AMAZING. Seriously, I would line up just for that. Other things they offered on the "menu" included a choice between three different dips for the grilled cheese, pickles, and some fruit punch. A bottle of water was offered as an alternative to the punch, but with the punch came in a collectible plastic cup. And yes, there will be some swag.

Sigh. I don't like grilled cheese. Dammit

48vla9t2j9ff.png
  • Options

PAX Prime / PAX Seattle
    August 31, 2013

What have you against melty cheese and toasted buttery bread? D;

• Options

PAX Prime / PAX Seattle
    August 31, 2013

I'm not a cheese lover; I don't really like milk; and I don't really actively seek out butter. Like, I don't butter my toast. It's just another form of grease to me and it doesn't make me feel good. But bring on the ice cream and whipped cream though; those are the diary I'm friends with

48vla9t2j9ff.png
  • Options

PAX Prime / PAX Seattle
    August 31, 2013

I'm not a cheese lover; I don't really like milk; and I don't really actively seek out butter. Like, I don't butter my toast. It's just another form of grease to me and it doesn't make me feel good. But bring on the ice cream and whipped cream though; those are the diary I'm friends with

The ESO food truck brought out ice cream shake "shots" near the end of the day at E3. Maybe they will do this again, though they were there for twice as long as they will be at PAX. :)

• Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular

PAX Prime / PAX Seattle
    August 31, 2013

The ESO food truck brought out ice cream shake "shots" near the end of the day at E3. Maybe they will do this again, though they were there for twice as long as they will be at PAX. :)

Wait they did the turkey legs last year, right?
    OMG I am not even going to try. Last year I heard about it and started heading there - when I got there they said come back... so I came back and same story, already gone...

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    JimmyWild wrote: »
    WildStar is having a party on Sat night...

Join us on Saturday, August 31st at the Hard Rock Café (116 Pike Street) from 7-11PM. Free drinks, a photobooth, swag, prizes, and more! Hang out with the developers of WildStar and see if you can squeeze any secret details out of us, or hop on an Alienware laptop and play more WildStar.

Source: http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/news/wildstar_heads_to_gamescom_and_pax_prime.php

Added! Put 21+ but not 100% sure on that one.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options

PAX Prime / PAX Seattle
    August 31, 2013

Sorry about that. I don't know how I missed this. Just added. Thanks for the heads up!

• Options
    shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    updated info on the Wildstar party -

us.ncsoft.com/en/events/pax-prime-2013/?utm_campaign=events&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=gamescom2013#3940
    WildStar is hosting a PAX Prime After Party on Saturday, August 31 at 7:00PM. The event is sponsored by our friends at Curse, Alienware and Plantronics! This is your best opportunity to hang out with WildStar and Curse staffers for an evening of food, drinks and more. And if you couldn't get enough of WildStar at the NCSOFT or Logitech booths, you'll be able to get in some playtime at the After Party as well.

Valid photo ID is required for admission. Admission to the event is limited and granted on a first-come, first-served basis, up to the capacity of the venue.

I'd guess that photo id thing would make it 21+

• Options
    zenprimezenprime That Cat that ain't a Cat T-Town, WARegistered User regular
    Waitwaitwait, this Wildestar party is sponsored by Curse? As in the folks who threw that horrid party last year at the Red Lion last year IIRC? Sure, it's the Hard Rock Cafe, but I'm a little wary.

PAXing till I Plotz
    xSBUZyE.png
    PAX Weast 2017 Status: Badges [X] Room [X] Fried Rice [X]
  • Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I can't say anything about Curse, but the Seattle Hard Rock Café is a great venue. The staff is generally incredibly cool, and the food and drinks are good stuff.

• Options
    RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    The fact that it's in its own venue and not in a hotel ballroom probably already makes it way better.

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    DeloraDelora Registered User new member
    Last year, the pre-PAX party at Contour was a blast. We filled the place to near capacity! Hope to see you guys there again this year. :)

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    @Delora - it's been added to the events sticky too :)

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    Is there a way to add parties to the Guidebook app? I know you can manually add things to the "To do" list, but that's just a simple list, not a schedule.

• Options
    enforcer linkenforcer link Registered User new member
    Hey all! So far the party scene this year is lookin a little slim..... AKA No avicci show c'mon companies hook us up!
    Anyway, I had the amazing idea. Lets just Pick somewhere and make it our own party!!! This is the best show I could
    find. Good venue, great DJ's and most important BOOOOOOOOZEE!!!!!! Its free if you are attending on FB So everyone
    lets do this!!! https://www.facebook.com/events/509172602492582/

• Options
    Agent00Agent00 Tucson, AZRegistered User regular
    Hey all! So far the party scene this year is lookin a little slim..... AKA No avicci show c'mon companies hook us up!
    Anyway, I had the amazing idea. Lets just Pick somewhere and make it our own party!!! This is the best show I could
    find. Good venue, great DJ's and most important BOOOOOOOOZEE!!!!!! Its free if you are attending on FB So everyone
    lets do this!!! https://www.facebook.com/events/509172602492582/

Anyone have some white booty shorts I can borrow?

• Options
    Double Fineis having a get together on Sunday
    Our last PAX Prime fan meetup on the upper floor of the Seattle Hard Rock Cafe went so well, we decided to book the same space and do it again! Join us Sunday from 6pm to 10pm at 116 Pike St. It’s a short five-block straight shot down Pike from the convention center. Many excellent memories will be generated!

48vla9t2j9ff.png
  • Options
    Gamedeals.caGamedeals.ca Registered User regular
    Wanted to let you guys know about our event. Mostly Canadians & our retro gaming friends from Seattle/Portland, but if you want to party with us then the more the merrier. Please RSVP so we can give them a rough headcount.

https://www.facebook.com/events/625721090780807/

GameDeals Video Games
    407 Columbia St. New Westminster (GVA)
    Just off Columbia Skytrain Station.
    http://www.gamedeals.ca
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Wanted to let you guys know about our event. Mostly Canadians & our retro gaming friends from Seattle/Portland, but if you want to party with us then the more the merrier. Please RSVP so we can give them a rough headcount.

I guess I'll hang out with a bunch of Canadians, sounds like it'll be fun.

I came across this on Eventbrite yesterday: http://beerbratsandbocce-es2.eventbrite.com/?rank=4

Popcap party at Von Trapp's on Sunday night, I guess they have bocce ball which sounds great.

TheAggroCraig on
  • Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    ArenaNet throwing a GW2 party
    https://guildwars2.com/en/events/pax-2013/

• Options
    vhallanvhallan Registered User regular

I guess I'll hang out with a bunch of Canadians, sounds like it'll be fun.

I came across this on Eventbrite yesterday: http://beerbratsandbocce-es2.eventbrite.com/?rank=4

Popcap party at Von Trapp's on Sunday night, I guess they have bocce ball which sounds great.

I think this is a game industry professional event, for people who are professionals looking to network. Not really a public party, I think. I'll ask some friends of mine who work at popcap to make sure.

• Options
    pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    vhallan wrote: »
    I think this is a game industry professional event, for people who are professionals looking to network. Not really a public party, I think. I'll ask some friends of mine who work at popcap to make sure.

"EA’s exclusive industry networking event during PAX Prime will be at Seattle’s very own Von Trapp’s, a bocce ball lover’s paradise."

Yes, this is primarily an industry networking event, organized by Meagan Carr, Senior Recruiter at PopCap Games.

Still, this is open to the public (as long as you register and get a ticket), and it's a good way to meet developers and mingle. Plus, it starts at 6PM, so you could always leave early and head out to another party/event.

• Options
    vhallanvhallan Registered User regular
    Yes, this is primarily an industry networking event, organized by Meagan Carr, Senior Recruiter at PopCap Games.

Still, this is open to the public (as long as you register and get a ticket), and it's a good way to meet developers and mingle. Plus, it starts at 6PM, so you could always leave early and head out to another party/event.

Got it! I wasn't sure, I wanted to ask before spreading this party around.

• Options

Details for page 1:

Friday 8/30
    9:00pm 5th annual GAMEDEALS PARTY at PAX
    @ Gordon Biersch - 600 Pine Street, 4th Floor of Pacific Place Mall
    Ticket/Cost: Free!
    Age Restriction: None

• Options
    pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    vhallan wrote: »

Got it! I wasn't sure, I wanted to ask before spreading this party around.

No worries, it's always good to double check. See you at Prime :)

pelicanflip on
  • Options
    Main post is now updated with all the information posted here along with a couple others I knew of.

I know a couple people mention the list was looking a bit sparse but don't worry. This is the week when you will see a lot of the announcements happen so I should be updating this frequently over the next few days.

• Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    I notice you have the Guild Wars 2 party listed on Sunday, but it's taking place on Saturday.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    Enigmas wrote: »
    I notice you have the Guild Wars 2 party listed on Sunday, but it's taking place on Saturday.

Thank you! All fixed now.

• Options
    I wish it was on Sunday :( too much going on on Saturday

48vla9t2j9ff.png
  • Options
    skylatronskylatron Registered User regular
    And not enough on Friday.

• Options
    skylatron wrote: »

Yeah, seems to be an imbalance here. Well, this IS the week announcements will be made if there's any left!

48vla9t2j9ff.png
  • Options
    Jonny09Jonny09 Registered User regular
    skylatron wrote: »

Yeah, seems to be an imbalance here. Well, this IS the week announcements will be made if there's any left!

This or early next week :( I'm anxious

• Options
    Strife VIP Party added to the list.

• Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    The World of Tanks After Party (GeForce eSports) on the front page is listed with a start time of 9pm, but their eventbrite page says 6pm.

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    I3izzy wrote: »
    The World of Tanks After Party (GeForce eSports) on the front page is listed with a start time of 9pm, but their eventbrite page says 6pm.

Yea I wasn't sure what to put there since this is the parties thread. The doors open at 6, tournament at 7 and party at 9. But I think your right better to have 6pm on there.

• Options
    Saw this on Reddit and it didn't have a source (I'm on my phone too lol). Should be right though
    Games and Gizmos & Comics Dungeon Present:
    Nerd Nite at the Lo-Fi Friday, 8/30 with Kirby Krackle Danimal Cannon Death*Star Soup or Villainz 9k1

PAX Badges get in FREE $
    5.00 without badge
    $2 Beers and $3 Wells Contests and Prizes!

25% Off Coupon to Comics Dungeon for all who attend 21+
    Doors at 8:00 PM
    Lo-Fi Performance Gallery is just shy of a mile walking distance from the convention center

48vla9t2j9ff.png
  • Options
    Saw this on Reddit and it didn't have a source (I'm on my phone too lol). Should be right though
    Games and Gizmos & Comics Dungeon Present:
    Nerd Nite at the Lo-Fi Friday, 8/30 with Kirby Krackle Danimal Cannon Death*Star Soup or Villainz 9k1

PAX Badges get in FREE $
    5.00 without badge
    $2 Beers and $3 Wells Contests and Prizes!

25% Off Coupon to Comics Dungeon for all who attend 21+
    Doors at 8:00 PM
    Lo-Fi Performance Gallery is just shy of a mile walking distance from the convention center

Yep it's 100% right. I found the facebook page. Thanks!!! :)