As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Ultimate Marvel] thread

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I like that Black Widow costume but I'm gonna miss the full face mask/hair cowl look.

I looooooved that costume.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    "Black Widow"? That's...90's Scarlet Spider.

Zyrxil on
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I'm sure the red jacket bit looks cooler in the comic than it does there.

After a second I just see a button down shirt thrown over the body suit.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Ultimate Jessica Drew taking the Black Widow name still makes such amazing sense I can't believe it didn't occur to me before it was announced

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    It's so amazing that no one has thought about it before

It's the perfect name for a spider lady

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Almost positive Osborn didn't die at the end of DoSM.

Probably not, what with that smirk and all.

And before the DoSM arc, Osborn was shot to pieces while in human form by a SHIELD squad, and he re-appeared suddenly in one piece. Presumably the goblin serum gives him regeneration. So Harry could always come back the same way as well.

But as far as big villains go, I could see Venom, Kingpin, or Green Goblin, yeah.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    So uh, some pics of New Ultimates leaked, revealing the return of a long lost character.
    KONG RETURNS!

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I am so happy about this

I am so happy about this

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    That isn't from All-New Ultimates. And it didn't leak, there's an interview with Marquez on CBR with art from USM 200

CYpGAPn.png
    What Blank said.

I really didn't feel like doing the research :D

• MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »

And before the DoSM arc, Osborn was shot to pieces while in human form by a SHIELD squad, and he re-appeared suddenly in one piece. Presumably the goblin serum gives him regeneration. So Harry could always come back the same way as well.

Incidentally, I still refuse to believe that Mary Jane is completely cured of the goblin serum.

edited February 2014
    MetalMagus wrote: »

Incidentally, I still refuse to believe that Mary Jane is completely cured of the goblin serum.

Didn't they basically spell that out to the audience at the end of that arc?

Undead Scottsman on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

Ya but wasn't it Pre-Evil Reed that confirmed it? Who knows what that little jerk was up to.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

Ya but wasn't it Pre-Evil Reed that confirmed it? Who knows what that little jerk was up to.

I think its fair to assume that pre-Doom Reed can be trusted. After all Reed breaks between his own innocence and need to do good and SHIELD's inability to protect the earth without turning a teenage genius into a mass murderer.

Quire.jpg
    Isn't Sue the one who cured Mary Jane, given she's the biologist and Reed is the physicist?

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    When is the 200th issue of UCSM coming out again? Still trying to figure out what they do and don't count as "official". You have 189 main issues (counting the .1 which set up the Venom arc) and I think 3 annuals? Are they counting the 3 issue Cataclysm miniseries? Spider-Men?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I am so happy about this
    I am so happy about this

Double agree.
    Isn't Sue the one who cured Mary Jane, given she's the biologist and Reed is the physicist?

Allegedly cured. I think Reed was involved somewhat, because he mentions to Peter that they could cure him of his powers as well. Possibly. They were all sort've talking over one-another in that Bendis style - you know the one. But at the time there was no reason to think that Reed was anything other than on the level - he didn't turn full-on evil until after Ultimatum.

And re. MJ - she had this little hand-twitch thing for a short time after her goblinification, but never showed any signs of worsening or going goblin. However - SHIELD attempted to cure both Harry and Norman of their transformations and several times were pretty sure they'd done it, only for it to be revealed that the serum infused itself into the user's blood and mutates itself in order to avoid being removed. Being an Osborn was part of it, since the goblin serum was made with Norman's DNA, but y'know ~ mad science. It can do whatever, really.

The card is certainly there to play.

H9f4bVe.png
    I am so happy about this
    I am so happy about this

Double agree.

Allegedly cured. I think Reed was involved somewhat, because he mentions to Peter that they could cure him of his powers as well. Possibly. They were all sort've talking over one-another in that Bendis style - you know the one. But at the time there was no reason to think that Reed was anything other than on the level - he didn't turn full-on evil until after Ultimatum.

And re. MJ - she had this little hand-twitch thing for a short time after her goblinification, but never showed any signs of worsening or going goblin. However - SHIELD attempted to cure both Harry and Norman of their transformations and several times were pretty sure they'd done it, only for it to be revealed that the serum infused itself into the user's blood and mutates itself in order to avoid being removed. Being an Osborn was part of it, since the goblin serum was made with Norman's DNA, but y'know ~ mad science. It can do whatever, really.

The card is certainly there to play.

He was distinctly not evil.

Quire.jpg
    Largely good, even. Almost wholly good.

H9f4bVe.png
    But yeah if Kong is returning I am certain Bendis will call this one back eventually.

He plays the long game, this one.

Quire.jpg
    Having Norman snatch MJ and re-activate her goblin powers is certainly a thing that could happen - it'd be just like him to target the rest of Peter's friends/family.

H9f4bVe.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Having Norman brought back would probably infuriate me because there's no Peter to put him in his place. Sure, Miles or Jessica are capable of doing so, but Norman was Peter's arc nemesis and it'd feel wrong to have somebody else lay the Norman ass kicking instead of him.

Anyway, it's great to see Kong again. I hope he sticks around.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    This article has the preview art from issue #200 http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51013

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    If Norman returns, they could almost attempt an Ultimate Superior, Norman returns, and with Pete dead he already proved he was his ultimate villain, now wants to also show he's the better hero.

If Norman returns, they could almost attempt an Ultimate Superior, Norman returns, and with Pete dead he already proved he was his ultimate villain, now wants to also show he's the better hero.

that's a terrible idea

possibly the most terrible

I am the king of terrible ideas! Also, that's exactly what people said about Superior until it happened. So we're already on course!

Just finished Cataclysm 5
    I liked it. The fight between Kitty and Galactus was well done but the whole thing was a distraction by Reed to open a portal to the Ultimate Negative Zone and trap Galactus there. Thor also had a great moment in helping send him through but ended up being trapped with him.

So the only big characters we lost were Cap and Thor.

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Catalcysm 5
    Nooooooo Thor

USM 200 Preview art at this link with a very interesting pic in the spoiler below
    Ultimate-Spider-Man-200-Preview-3-ae276.jpg

and a All New Ultimates preview at this link
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/03/07/all-new-ultimates-1-preview

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    USM 200 Preview art at this link with a very interesting pic in the spoiler below
    Ultimate-Spider-Man-200-Preview-3-ae276.jpg

and a All New Ultimates preview at this link
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/03/07/all-new-ultimates-1-preview
    Regarding the USM 200 art
    That's a really cool Spidey suit, but who could it be? Considering Thor and Cap are present, maybe there's a crossover with another universe similar to the Ultimate, but where certain characters are still alive/present. Or maybe it's another clone of Peter Parker. I don't know, but I'm still interested

That All New Ultimate preview however is confusing
    One moment Jessica in her Spider-woman outfit, then the next he's in her Black Widow outfit. Could this mean she's going to have two superhero identities at the same time, or is it just a time jump?

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    Re: That group shot
    If I had to wager a guess, I'd say it was a glimpse into what would have happened if Peter hadn't died.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    If I had to wager a guess, I'd say it was a glimpse into what would have happened if Peter hadn't died.
    I think you're right, but I'd have expected Peter to have one or two mutants/X-Men on the team. At least Iceman and Kitty

Keith wrote: »
    I think you're right, but I'd have expected Peter to have one or two mutants/X-Men on the team. At least Iceman and Kitty

Maybe it's ( it's not but I can hope)
    Kenny, and he gets the Tech Spider suit to make up for his lack of powers

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Huge Ultimates Q&A: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51454

Fialkov confirms that the fifth member of Ultimate FF is
    Doctor Doom

• MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Huge Ultimates Q&A: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51454

Fialkov confirms that the fifth member of Ultimate FF is
    Goat Leg Doctor Doom!

Was the recent Iron Man mini any good? That and the Wolverine one are the only Ultimate books I don't have out of the post-DoSM reboot.

• Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Was the recent Iron Man mini any good? That and the Wolverine one are the only Ultimate books I don't have out of the post-DoSM reboot.

Was that the Warren Ellis one or was there an Iron Man mini afterwards. I have it and read it, but can't remember anything about it really. So not offensively bad, but Ellis has done far better.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
    Dizzy D wrote: »

Was that the Warren Ellis one or was there an Iron Man mini afterwards. I have it and read it, but can't remember anything about it really. So not offensively bad, but Ellis has done far better.

The one post-DoSM.

The Post DoSM Iron Man mini was pretty forgettable, I say, having forgotten most of what happens.

The Post DoSM Iron Man mini was pretty forgettable, I say, having forgotten most of what happens.

I'll just skip it then. Might still get the Wolverine one if I can find it cheap.