As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]adder

BogartBogart Streetwise HerculesRegistered User, Moderator mod
edited April 2013 in Debate and/or Discourse
In 1983 a show was born. A show with grand ambitions, a large budget and a fine cast. Only one problem. It wasn't very good.

BUT THEN.

The show got a second series and lo, it was the best thing on telly for ages and kids all over the country started quoting bits at each other, thus ensuring its immortality.

b006xxw3.jpg

The finest sitcom character of all time?

Blackadder_2_flash.jpg

Where hasn't he been?.

Gen_Melchett.jpg

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

url-3.jpg

Queenie.

hugh-laurie-black-adder.jpg

All eyes turned. And quite a few stomachs.

blackadder_s2_baldrick.jpg

Tit in a beard.

The finest supporting characters of all time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56kfYoyTTqU

Nice theme tune as well.

Bogart on

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Not a Sarksus thread. I approve.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Just read how much the Marvel movies are making. Holy shit.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    These apples are the worst

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Blackadder: All fun and games and then we hit World War 1 and ooooh gaaaaawd

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    best [chat] ever

suck it sarkus

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Couldn't figure out how to re-size images in bbcode. None of the examples I found worked. Hence massive Melchit and tiny Baldrick.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Whenever it is windy and I have my window open my door whistles

it is the most annoying thing but it is kind of toasty in my room so closing the window makes it too warm. i really gotta get a fan.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Blackadder goes Forth is the best one.

Hello!

Guess who's not going to the best coast this year.

• Options
    Haphazard wrote: »

Hello!

Is it me? I think it's me.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    evilbob wrote: »

Hello!

Is it me? I think it's me.

You... are right. I'm not going either is what I'mk getting at.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Hello!

byebye_zps7bbc642a.jpg

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    STATEMENT: I approve of Blackadder [chat]

• Options
    Seemingly, [chat]ters are running away from me.

• Options
    i need to go back to sleep

• Options
    The Boston situation is really getting out of control if you guys haven't taken a look into the thread. So far one suspect was detained and detonated an explosive device to kill himself. There's currently a manhunt set to begin at daylight. Entire areas of Boston are shut down.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I really need to go to sleep

Been listening to Boston police wire for like 4 hours straight

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    I hope Boston can rest soon. What a shitty week.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    The Boston situation is really getting out of control if you guys haven't taken a look into the thread. So far one suspect was detained and detonated an explosive device to kill himself. There's currently a manhunt set to begin at daylight. Entire areas of Boston are shut down.

That sounds like getting under control, to me.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I prefer Blackadder II and III. There were a couple of below par episodes of the fourth series that knock it down a notch.

Also, the first episode of Blackadder II is maybe the single funniest half hour of television ever made. It is amazing. Joke after joke after joke of unbelievable quality, and then, for three minutes at the end, Lord Flashheart, in the best sitcom cameo ever.

• Options

Not to mention a running gun battle with apparently suspects chucking bombs or grenades at police

Shit is just bizarre

• Options
    alll it takes is two nut jobs too bring a whole city to a standstill

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    There's potentially one more explosion that could occur - it all depends on whether or not the guy who barricaded himself in a building decides he wants to live or die. I really hope we get him alive. Aside from justice, I don't think I could deal with unanswered murder intent from these two.

• Options
    Boston is staging a horrible action movie with no happy ending.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    I prefer Blackadder II and III. There were a couple of below par episodes of the fourth series that knock it down a notch.

Also, the first episode of Blackadder II is maybe the single funniest half hour of television ever made. It is amazing. Joke after joke after joke of unbelievable quality, and then, for three minutes at the end, Lord Flashheart, in the best sitcom cameo ever.
    I think I like IV best, because Blackadder it's a somewhat switched setup. Blackadder, with all his character flaws, seems to be the only sane person in it.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    cant

sleep

• Options
    edited April 2013

I think I like IV best, because Blackadder it's a somewhat switched setup. Blackadder, with all his character flaws, seems to be the only sane person in it.

The lower his social standing, the less of a twat he is, it seems. And in IV he's quite low.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013

it really is

car chases, man hunts, shoot outs, throwing bombs from moving vehicles...

this is shit that belongs in movies not real life

what a terrible week

but according to the boston thread, the police scanners are saying they've caught him

so that's something

Casual on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    but according to the boston thread, the police scanners are saying they've caught him

Don't really know if it's HIM him yet, just a reported suspicious person who was wearing similar clothes and was reported trying to wave down a cab

Kana on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    All praise to Channel 7 of Australia for co producing Blackadder

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    alll it takes is two nut jobs too bring a whole city to a standstill

Batman and the Joker?

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Hello!

Not me. 8-)

• Options

Hello!

Not me. 8-)

Yay for you! Where are you going? Are you visting some PA peeps?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Good morrow peoples of the [chat]things.

i dreamed of minecraft and of becoming invisible to steal ice cream off a jewish lady's cart...

21stCentury on
  • Options

it really is

car chases, man hunts, shoot outs, throwing bombs from moving vehicles...

this is shit that belongs in movies not real life

what a terrible week

so that's something

from what I understand they caught someone with a backpack flagging down cars. there has been no confirmation that it was the bombing suspect.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    Blizzard is having to explain why WoW needs RNG.

But they keep having to dance around the real reason: that RNG keeps people playing for longer, which is basically the rationale behind all of the structural mechanics of MMOs.

• Options
    Suspects apparently from Chechnya. Did Church ever post any pictures of himself?

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    European Hisory: All fun and games and then we hit World War 1 and ooooh gaaaaawd

Fixed

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    No work, woke up at 7am
    Wtf brain

• Options
    Suspects apparently from Chechnya. Did Church ever post any pictures of himself?

it's really wierd

i doubt anyone saw this coming

christ, i would have suspected the North Koreans before the Chechens

• Options

it's really wierd

i doubt anyone saw this coming

christ, i would have suspected the North Koreans before the Chechens

yeah because it being the chechens is totally the most likely thing.

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.