As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video Game Drinking games

2»

• Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    hmm, I dont think a video game drinking game would work.

first of all, we have control of what happens.

nothing happens with enough regularity that we could "drink" to it
    Pata wrote: »
    Final Fantasy. Any except XII.

Random encounter? Take a shot.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    PieManPieMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Kingdom Hearts

A shot everytime a character mentions "hearts" or "darkness"

Also, call 911 in advance if you're on the boss stage

PieMan on
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Definitely have to go with Mario Party here. The best way to have it set up is so that the winner of the mini game that you play after everyone has taken their turn takes a shot. That way, that one person who is always really good at the mini games can start to lose their edge and the competition between everyone can become much more fierce. But yeah, plenty of different ways to go about different drinking games here. You could also have rules for spaces that people land on or amount of spaces they move.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Annnnny Mario Party ... All you have to do is for each mini game ... If you win, one shot ... If you lose, two shots ... And for every star everyone else has to do 3 shots ...

And if you fuck up and Bowser jacks everyones coins ... well lets just say that person should probably have a garbage can next to him for the rest of the night ...

Another good one to try is any of the older 64 wrestling games like Revenge or Wrestlemania 2000 ... do a 30 (or 40 I can't remember) man battle royal and each time your guy gets chucked over the top rope you have to chuck whatever you have left ...
    Weedlum wrote: »
    Wii Bowling. Get a strike, take a shot. Also works in strip bowling form. :lol:

Weedlum, a great idea by far because I've tried this, but also make sure you put the bumpers on because eventually people start falling over when throwing and then it's gutterball city ... also, sweet sig

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Either SSB or SSBM (and soon to also include SSBB)
    Very simple. 1 stock rounds with 4 players. Every time you win, you take a shot. It's perfect because the person who's winning will get worse and worse.

Looking through here, this is also a splendid idea.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    PkErthbndPkErthbnd Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    To go along with the Guitar Hero idea, we came up with more rules. Whenever the person playing the song uses star power, everyone drinks until the star power is depleted. Also, depending on the number of stars they get at the end, they get to hand out that many shots. I dominate at this game.

PkErthbnd on
  • Options
    SquirrelNinjaSquirrelNinja Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Meh, I don't think anyone has mentioned the ultimate in alcohol induced frenzy game, Wario Ware for the Wii! Although come to think of it any party game on the Wii becomes an instant hit when alky is involved. Warioware just makes you feel like your drunk without having to spend the money on actual alcohol!

SquirrelNinja on
    Bright and cold, the flash of steel.
    Alone I wander over desolate fields.
    My swords, I need no longer.
    The evening wind shall carry me home.
  • Options
    MonaroMonaro Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Well, once about 10 of us busted out Guitar Hero while already drunk, and played it while we kept drinking, till someone came up with the genius idea to put the game on expert, then, whoever failed with the lowest percent in a song (and we'd all fail well short of 30%) would have to drink a glass of water out of the dehumidifier/air conditioning unit.

mmm... Legionnaire's disease...

[edit]
    LewieP wrote: »
    consolevanie Shenmue Drinking game,

Off topic but, that Castlevania review has got to be one of the greatest video reviews I have ever watched.

Consolevania is to gaming what Top Gear is to motoring.

Monaro on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Monaro wrote: »
    LewieP wrote: »
    consolevanie Shenmue Drinking game,

Off topic but, that Castlevania review has got to be one of the greatest video reviews I have ever watched.

Consolevania is to gaming what Top Gear is to motoring.

that is exactly what I thought.

Give them a prime time slot on BBC3, maybe a slightly larger budget and promote it well and it really is pretty much the top gear for games. My mum watches top gear despite knowing nothing about cars, other than "that ones pretty" because she finds it funny.

LewieP on
  • Options
    TorgoTorgo Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Every time someone posts a poll thread in G&T, drink.

Torgo on
    History is a spoiler for the future. (Me on Twitter)