Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter] It might have become Winter.

15051525355

Posts

  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Sure, fire away.

    nVyomi1.png
    Proud member of Unrepentant Gaming! Pantless gaming at its finest.
    Check us out in Neverwinter.

  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    So after like a year off:

    - This shit got weird.
    - This shit got harder!
    - I guess CW got nerfed but I dunno since I probably suck anyway.
    - Jesus christ on a stick does everything hit hard now

    Also, you can get a level 70 artifact weapon on Xbox for like 50k AD all told if you've done the Dragons campaign up to the "weapon" so I've got that waiting for me in 5 levels.

    Woo.

  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    So I rolled a half elf devoted cleric and my buddy went human paladin. I tried to look around at what each of them do and the devoted cleric seemed versatile enough to keep me interested. We are currently level 7 in the Blacklake district. Any good builds for me cleric? I looked on mmominds but I do not know enough to judge which builds are actually worthwhile. I will mostly be playing as a group with my buddy of that matters. Any suggestions?

    furlion on
    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    So uh, hey @ironzerg, got any feelings on the two healing insignia bonuses? (Barbarian's something and Vampire whatsit.) Or is the answer "both, if you have the mounts; duh." I've spent like a day looking for this elsewhere on the internets, and and closest I've come is "if you crit a lot get that one, and if you LS a lot, get that one", and as a CW, I want to do both, so that didn't help I don't think.

  • VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Really enjoying it on the PS4. The Paladin class seems SUPER strong as a tank, i'm constantly top of the scoreboard for both damage and healing done.

    League of Legends:Varega
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Varega wrote: »
    Really enjoying it on the PS4. The Paladin class seems SUPER strong as a tank, i'm constantly top of the scoreboard for both damage and healing done.

    My buddy is really enjoying his as well. I just hope he manages to control his altitis enough for us to make actual progress.

    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    So uh, hey @ironzerg, got any feelings on the two healing insignia bonuses? (Barbarian's something and Vampire whatsit.) Or is the answer "both, if you have the mounts; duh." I've spent like a day looking for this elsewhere on the internets, and and closest I've come is "if you crit a lot get that one, and if you LS a lot, get that one", and as a CW, I want to do both, so that didn't help I don't think.

    Neither. I think the healing ends up being pretty inconsequential. I'd just rely on lifesteal and use your mount bonuses for something better, like Protector's Camaraderie, Gladiator's Guile and Protector's Friendship. I also slotted two Wanderer's Fortune because it seems to proc way more than 4%, and each one seems to be on a separate cooldown.

    nVyomi1.png
    Proud member of Unrepentant Gaming! Pantless gaming at its finest.
    Check us out in Neverwinter.

  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    ironzerg wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    So uh, hey ironzerg, got any feelings on the two healing insignia bonuses? (Barbarian's something and Vampire whatsit.) Or is the answer "both, if you have the mounts; duh." I've spent like a day looking for this elsewhere on the internets, and and closest I've come is "if you crit a lot get that one, and if you LS a lot, get that one", and as a CW, I want to do both, so that didn't help I don't think.

    Neither. I think the healing ends up being pretty inconsequential. I'd just rely on lifesteal and use your mount bonuses for something better, like Protector's Camaraderie, Gladiator's Guile and Protector's Friendship. I also slotted two Wanderer's Fortune because it seems to proc way more than 4%, and each one seems to be on a separate cooldown.

    ... Well. Well then, glad I didn't go get any mounts other than the slightly-drunk-looks-awesome Heavy Howler. (So fast.)


    Thanks for the tip!

  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I have a newbie question too - which quests are considered 'mandatory' based on rewards, when leveling? I know a couple give bags, for example, but are there other quests/questlines that are important (outside of repeatable stuff like the Harpers and whatnot)?

    This game is pretty fun, and seems reasonably playable without throwing lots of money at it. I'm pretty amused by the absurd droprate of lockboxes, though. Real subtle.

    This post was sponsored by LG.

    'Get your fucking finger on the wookie'
    DevoutlyApatheticMagic Pinkfurlion
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked a ton already but since there's nothing in the OP, is there a guild on PS4 yet?

  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Came back to this from PC to PS4. Not loving the controls and OMFG Need/Greed/Pass popping up and taking over like the entire screen is super fucking annoying but still generally fun with interesting enough combat.

    The Cleric class was fine until I hit that divinity stuff and now I'm all super confused about what's happening.

  • VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Came back to this from PC to PS4. Not loving the controls and OMFG Need/Greed/Pass popping up and taking over like the entire screen is super fucking annoying but still generally fun with interesting enough combat.

    The Cleric class was fine until I hit that divinity stuff and now I'm all super confused about what's happening.
    So, the Divinity system empowers certain skills. Your At Wills (R2 and L2) turn into channels, that reinforce their own damage/healing as they are channeled. That slowly drains the divinity bar at the left.

    Your encounter powers use full + charges. Each has really different effects, like your HoT turns into a burst heal. It'll tell you in the skill what using it divinely does.

    Dailies are not affected by divinity.

    League of Legends:Varega
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Can someone explain to me what that big glowing orange D20 is in the center of my HUD? The tutorial text boxes vanish too fast. I'm a Scourge Warlock if that matters.

  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me what that big glowing orange D20 is in the center of my HUD? The tutorial text boxes vanish too fast. I'm a Scourge Warlock if that matters.

    It's the charge of your "Daily" powers, the big ones you do by pressing a bumper and a face button. I think they may call it the "Action Point" because they really like lifting terminology from the PnP game and squishing it to fit into the game.

    ElvenshaeOats
  • VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me what that big glowing orange D20 is in the center of my HUD? The tutorial text boxes vanish too fast. I'm a Scourge Warlock if that matters.

    That's your Action Point Indicator. When it's full, you can access whatever daily powers you have equipped. Each class builds action points in different ways (clerics build more healing, paladins build more taunting, rogues deal damage). You can always open up the help section to go over things that were shown to you.

    League of Legends:Varega
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I just started working on professions last night. I started with mail since that is what my cleric uses. Only having one slot at first is pretty annoying. But I have made a few new pieces so I guess it is worth it.
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked a ton already but since there's nothing in the OP, is there a guild on PS4 yet?

    Much like Warframe there is not one yet but if you want to start I will help get things rolling.

    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    As a helpful note for anyone about to hit 70, the campaign order you want to do the 70 stuff in is roughly:

    - Sharandar
    - Dread Ring
    - Well/Icewind

    Not sure about Underdark, but I think it may be something you do while doing other stuff, and Maze Engine and the initial parts of the Dragon stuff start more like 60.


    Hopefully, this saves you the hour of messing around then getting absolutely stomped into ice cubes it took me to figure out.

  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    As a helpful note for anyone about to hit 70, the campaign order you want to do the 70 stuff in is roughly:

    - Sharandar
    - Dread Ring
    - Well/Icewind

    Not sure about Underdark, but I think it may be something you do while doing other stuff, and Maze Engine and the initial parts of the Dragon stuff start more like 60.


    Hopefully, this saves you the hour of messing around then getting absolutely stomped into ice cubes it took me to figure out.

    You can start Tyranny of Dragons at level 26 and I believe it was designed for you to do along as you level.

    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    As a helpful note for anyone about to hit 70, the campaign order you want to do the 70 stuff in is roughly:

    - Sharandar
    - Dread Ring
    - Well/Icewind

    Not sure about Underdark, but I think it may be something you do while doing other stuff, and Maze Engine and the initial parts of the Dragon stuff start more like 60.


    Hopefully, this saves you the hour of messing around then getting absolutely stomped into ice cubes it took me to figure out.

    You can start Tyranny of Dragons at level 26 and I believe it was designed for you to do along as you level.

    Oh, that sounds right, yeah. Goes with the zones and all.


    Just... Lord, do not go near Icewind Dale.

  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    As a helpful note for anyone about to hit 70, the campaign order you want to do the 70 stuff in is roughly:

    - Sharandar
    - Dread Ring
    - Well/Icewind

    Not sure about Underdark, but I think it may be something you do while doing other stuff, and Maze Engine and the initial parts of the Dragon stuff start more like 60.


    Hopefully, this saves you the hour of messing around then getting absolutely stomped into ice cubes it took me to figure out.

    You can start Tyranny of Dragons at level 26 and I believe it was designed for you to do along as you level.

    Oh, that sounds right, yeah. Goes with the zones and all.


    Just... Lord, do not go near Icewind Dale.

    I remember when I was playing casually on PC and I got to the point where I could enter Icewind Dale and it was a huge kick in the balls with massive increase in difficulty as well as more stringent grouping requirements.

    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    squall99x wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    As a helpful note for anyone about to hit 70, the campaign order you want to do the 70 stuff in is roughly:

    - Sharandar
    - Dread Ring
    - Well/Icewind

    Not sure about Underdark, but I think it may be something you do while doing other stuff, and Maze Engine and the initial parts of the Dragon stuff start more like 60.


    Hopefully, this saves you the hour of messing around then getting absolutely stomped into ice cubes it took me to figure out.

    You can start Tyranny of Dragons at level 26 and I believe it was designed for you to do along as you level.

    Oh, that sounds right, yeah. Goes with the zones and all.


    Just... Lord, do not go near Icewind Dale.

    I remember when I was playing casually on PC and I got to the point where I could enter Icewind Dale and it was a huge kick in the balls with massive increase in difficulty as well as more stringent grouping requirements.

    They hand you the breadcrumb the second you hit 70; no mention of relative difficulty. Immediately began getting 1-shot by random mobs +3 to me.

    Sharandar/Ring are only 71/72 respectively, MUCH better. Doing the latter gets you bits for Underdark as well, which is handy.

    I'm figuring do those for a while, get some boons, level my MH/OH/belt/artifacts a bit more, then should be able to hit skirmishes/epics, which as I recall also lie like a fucking rug about "required gear".


    Edit: Decided to go Renegade, too, which HOLY CRAP why did nobody tell me how good it felt to drop hundreds of thousands of healing on a heroic encounter?

    dporowski on
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    What exactly are the campaign and module things?

    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    What exactly are the campaign and module things?

    Campaigns: Big long connected story grindy things in game. Daily quests etc.

    Modules: Think "expansions"/content releases.

  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    A Neverwinter journey:

    Get to Helm's Hold. Do some quests. Log out.

    Try to log in, get stuck on loading screen. Consult Internet, and learn that there's a glitch, which can be fixed by logging on with a secondary character, going to Protector's Enclave, and logging out.

    Lack secodary character - create secondary character, get to PE, change charecters, and all is well.

    Feel happiness.

    Get to Proclamation Rock, and log out for the night.

    Try to log back in. Get stuck on loading screen. Google, and realize that the same error can happen in PR.

    Rejoice at the thought of the secondary character, currently waiting in Protector's Enclave! Change characters!

    Realize that it doesn't work. Create third character, play until PE. Change characters, and rejoice as it works.

    Be very careful not to log out in an affected zone. Go to do a quest in proclamation Rock. Game crashes! Save game won't load. Relog to other characters doesn't work.

    Fetch stabbing knife.

    This post was sponsored by LG.

    'Get your fucking finger on the wookie'
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Grislo wrote: »
    I have a newbie question too - which quests are considered 'mandatory' based on rewards, when leveling? I know a couple give bags, for example, but are there other quests/questlines that are important (outside of repeatable stuff like the Harpers and whatnot)?

    This game is pretty fun, and seems reasonably playable without throwing lots of money at it. I'm pretty amused by the absurd droprate of lockboxes, though. Real subtle.

    Not sure you care anymore with the issues you're having, but I noticed this question hadn't been answered yet so...

    Finish Blacklake and you get a 12 slot bag.

    In Neverdeath you can get another 12 slot bag, as well as some profession assets. Assets are the tools and people, as opposed to the materials, so even if you're not interested in crafting you can sell this stuff in the auction house.

    I assume I don't have to say that you should do the artifact introduction quest (around level 20 or so?), though you may want to research which artifact you want to pick. I tend to view the Waters as better for tanks and the Lantern as better for DPS. The Catalogue is kind of crap for stats, but it does allow you to sell stuff when you're out in the wild.

    You can get more artifacts towards the end game by doing Jarlaxle's quest, the quest line starting with "A Matter of Dwarves and Farms", and the quest line starting with "Aiding Bruenor Battlehamer". I don't know if you have to be 70 or not... I want to say you can start some of these a bit sooner.

    You get your main hand artifact weapon for completing the Elemental Evil campaign, and your off-hand just for getting to level 70. Talk to Sgt Knox to get it.

    Also, don't know if they added the new "Sword Coast Chronicles" campaign tracker to the console versions yet, but you can get another bag early on by doing the "Benign Order of the Third Eye" quests. You can also get more profession assets for finishing Neverdeath and the Tower District.

    CyberJackal on
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Thanks for the reply - yeah, I was a bit annoyed with some technical stuff, but I do think it's a solid console MMO, with some issues, but hey.

    I should say I have no reason to complain, though, as I bought VIP because, hey, why not, and a daily enchanted key got me the current legendary mount reward (the griffon, on PS4). Now I'm just sort of wondering if I should sell it, or wait - there's not many now, relatively speaking, for sale, so it might sell for a decent amount (but prices are probably generally low atm) - but at some point it'll be replaced with another reward as the boxes change, so it could gain value, assuming there aren't a million of them for sale at that point.

    This post was sponsored by LG.

    'Get your fucking finger on the wookie'
  • VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    So, I just ran Temple of Spiders Master as a Pally Tank. Holy shit was that fun. My group was absolutely excellent. DPS allowed me to tank and pull, heals were on point. We had a Control Wizard who CC'd any mobs that would come in after the fact and allowed me to grab aggro. Pub group, ended up adding them all as friends because of how well we worked together.

    League of Legends:Varega
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    just got to lvl 10 on ps4 as a warlock

    shit has now gotten real as far as choices go

    kinda overwhelmed right now I guess? but the controls work fairly well and it looks decent

    STEAM
    Skayel wrote:
    One time, I had a friend over to play a bit of Red Alert on my LAN. During the game he said he needed to go to the bathroom, so we paused it. After about 10 minutes of wondering where the hell he went, I get up and go to check on him.

    Turns out he was trying to screw my dog.
    Once I was taking a poop at a restaurant and a kid crept underneath the door into my stall. I let out a big fart and then he threw up all over the floor in front of me and I just stared at him.
  • GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    Started playing this because wanted to get some nice Dwarven action. Been whacking away with my Guardian Fighter (I think that's the name). It is nice to just face roll the opponents, I usually play rogues and other more difficult classes. I got a Champion Dwarf in LotRO and this seems kind of similar to that. I like my stereotypical dwarves :biggrin:

    Game is nice looking, I like the simple aesthetic that's going on. Gameplay is quite fun, there is so many different reward stuff things that it is hard to keep up.

    Started crafting too, it's nice that you can use browser to manager that aspect. Got myself a dog too, I think that I'll try the Swordcoast adventures (?) today.

    When I should look into buying Zen with those diamonds I get? I'd imagine that Zen costs qutie a lot. Oh, and if I take a month of VIP, can I keep the permament perk even after dropping the VIP? It is kind of confusing too.

    I think that I read somewhere that buying one month VIP nets you those keys that you can sell for quite a sum and you can then buy antoher VIP with that money?

    Oh, and any spending tips would be nice. Is it worth it to buy zen, at least in lower levels.

    And I have to say that those user created dungeons are very nice, at least the one or two I tried. If that rating system works, I think I'll have plenty of playing ahead...

  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    The way VIP works is you get stacking benefits based on the number of months you've purchased, with 12 months being the top tier. You get the benefits immediately, but they do go away if you run out of VIP time. But if you buy more VIP time, you're put right back at your last tier (+1 for the month you just purchased).

    It's a great benefit. The daily enchanted key is nice, and with the trade bars you get from the boxes and possibly some nice items, it generally pays for itself. So what people will do is buy 1 month, sell what they can from the key drops, then use the proceeds to buy the next month.

    The higher tier perks like a portal mailbox, bank, traveling sign post (so you can zone anywhere), immunity to injuries, etc...are all very nice to have.

    Obviously I really enjoy the game, so when VIP came out, I purchased 12 months right off the bat, and it's been the best money I've ever spent in this game. :biggrin:

    nVyomi1.png
    Proud member of Unrepentant Gaming! Pantless gaming at its finest.
    Check us out in Neverwinter.

  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    I'd like to get VIP, but I'm cheap as hell, so I'm trying to save up 500,000 diamonds to buy Zen to buy VIP.

    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, I feel I should warn you: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Eh, it's worth the investment, given that you can possibly make more than it costs in a given month...

    nVyomi1.png
    Proud member of Unrepentant Gaming! Pantless gaming at its finest.
    Check us out in Neverwinter.

  • GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    TY for info guys.

    Any hints for crafting? It looks like a decent system, but I've just started it so don't know how tedious/expensive it becomes... Leadership is apparently a must have skill, going to start leveling that after I get my second slot.

    I have platesmithing now, for my Guardian Warrior. Or was it mailsmithing? Anyway, that one that benefits my guy.

    Can you craft the more powerful gear or do all the good stuff come from loot etc.?

  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Leadership takes for freaking ever, but has a decent payout. The other crafting skills are...meh. Jewelcrafting is ok to make some pretty good jewelry. Plate/Mail/Leather/Tailor is ok for making higher level shirts and pants...but the best gear is still going to come from drops, or likely be cheaper to just straight up buy on the AH.

    nVyomi1.png
    Proud member of Unrepentant Gaming! Pantless gaming at its finest.
    Check us out in Neverwinter.

  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Yeah, also I've noticed with the crafting is it's slow, even if you use the gateway to do it offline. So any gear I've been able to craft I've already massively outleveled by the time I can craft it.

    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, I feel I should warn you: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    Leadership is slow as hell, but you'll always be getting gold, xp, and other small goodies. As for the rest, you can now make stronghold materials through crafting... Leadership can get you AD or labor, Jewelcrafting produces gems, Alchemy produces gems or gold, and all the weapon and armor professions can make surplus equipment. I think the gems and surplus equipment are worthwhile to make, but that could be because I'm in a smaller guild that doesn't bring materials in quite as quickly.

  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I just started playing this on PS4. I had enjoyed it quite a bit when it first came out on PC but I haven't been playing it. The controls seem a bit odd on PS4 but I'm adapting. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

    PSN: Dr_Keenbean LIVE: Dr Keenbean Battle.net Drkeenbean#1951
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I'm on here too! As well as some other friends!. We should definitely go through and make a guild.

    Also the super cool day of the dm event is great for mindlessly levelling. Got a brand new character to 21 in two hours.

  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII Registered User regular
    I just started playing this on PS4. I had enjoyed it quite a bit when it first came out on PC but I haven't been playing it. The controls seem a bit odd on PS4 but I'm adapting. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

    Hey, I just did the same. Got a level 5 Oathbound Paladin and am enjoying the combat, feels quite good at this level at least.

    Let me know if you want to group up ever.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
    Battletag: Threeve#1501
    PSN: Threeve703
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII Registered User regular
    Well I spent the day playing this and really enjoying it. Paladin is up to 20 though I can see how you would plow through the game really quickly doing stuff like the Dungeon Master quest. I think I will take advantage of that as much as I can (it's also incredibly fun).

    Game feels solid. More like an action game than an mmo. I quite like it.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
    Battletag: Threeve#1501
    PSN: Threeve703
Sign In or Register to comment.