As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MMOTCG: [Hex: Shards of Fate] Ladder System Incoming!

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Got a chance to play around with the new UI and engine at GenCon, and it's a lot nicer and smoother. You can actually scroll through your card list in the manager with minimal lag for waiting for images.

Oh, new UI? For the actual game too? That's been my biggest gripe so far. It's just terribad compared to Magic 2015. And Magic has full-sized cards for lands, compared to a small gem in Hex.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Think I'll be looking into selling my account, since this doesn't seem to be the game I backed. I put in for King tier because I wanted to play an MMORPG-TCG, emphasis on the first part of that. I backed to play PvE primarily, with PvP to fund the PvE.

I paid $250 for the Pro Player tier. Think I'd be able to flip it for $500? Realistically it'd probably be $350-$400.

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    So I just got a random beta invite for this, as a non-backing person who forgot this game existed.

Given the slow state of this thread I'm guessing that people have turned a little sour on the game huh?

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Scosglen wrote: »
    So I just got a random beta invite for this, as a non-backing person who forgot this game existed.

Given the slow state of this thread I'm guessing that people have turned a little sour on the game huh?

Personally I'm just patiently waiting for PvE.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Yeah I think a lot of the PA crowd is waiting for PvE. I'm addicted to the game still myself although I've slowed down a bit waiting for Set 2. I've played over 150 Set 1 drafts though.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    I like the game. UI needs work but it is beta so yeah.

Waiting on PvE.

• Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    Yep, PvE was the part of this game that intrigued me enough to back it on KS.

Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I was really into the concept of drafting, too, but the experience without all the extra doodads, like actually being able to open chests, a better UI, etc. isn't compelling enough to sink much time into it yet.

I feel badly duped about how close they were to delivering the product they described, personally.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    To remind myself why I feel misled, and to check whether I still think I'm right, I went to the kickstarter page.

Here's a few choice bits. (Emphasis mine.)
    We've come so far in pairing these two genres together, and we're asking for your help to take us across the finish line.
    The good news is that HEX has been in development for almost two years and we have built a series of deliverables that we believe can be completed in the remaining development time we have scheduled.

In May 2013 they had built a series of deliverables that meant they'd be in beta by September 2013. Everything on the page suggested they already had a functioning PvE alpha build.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Just watch that PVE video that Incindium posted again. That'll give you some hope that we'll get there at some point.

Fake EDIT:
    Incindium wrote: »
    Some PVE content previewed by Cory for Cirouss at Gamescon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOplnMEvoac

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Didnt they have to redo a bunch of coding in house at some point?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    One of these days, this thread will light up, and I will click on it, and there will be amazing PvE adventures all ready to go.

Then I'll have to remember my password/patch for like 10 days.

• Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    To remind myself why I feel misled, and to check whether I still think I'm right, I went to the kickstarter page.

We've come so far in pairing these two genres together, and we're asking for your help to take us across the finish line.
    The good news is that HEX has been in development for almost two years and we have built a series of deliverables that we believe can be completed in the remaining development time we have scheduled.

In May 2013 they had built a series of deliverables that meant they'd be in beta by September 2013. Everything on the page suggested they already had a functioning PvE alpha build.

Yeah, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt for a good portion of this thread. Then they released their second set to sell before even MENTIONING the PvE stuff in any sort of real way.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Didnt they have to redo a bunch of coding in house at some point?

The switch from external to in-house was the purpose of the Kickstarter.

• Options
    A-Puck wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Yeah, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt for a good portion of this thread. Then they released their second set to sell before even MENTIONING the PvE stuff in any sort of real way.

Set 2 hasn't released yet. But the currently schedule is Open Beta, Set 2, then PVE. Since PVE seems to be on a separate track of its own and Set 2 being delayed (as it's not going to make out this month) probably means PVE won't come much later than Set 2.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Is this thread still active at all? I just got into the closed beta for this.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    People here mainly waiting for PVE... I'm still playing most everyday. Only 4 cards short of a complete 4x of all Set 1 cards. If you have any questions about Hex feel free to ask.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EmberquickEmberquick Master of Dungeons Deep UndergroundRegistered User regular
    I'm also playing every other day or so. Set 1 is large enough that I'm still having a good time tinkering with new deck ideas.

And when trading is implemented, hoo-boy . . . I'm gonna be a trading fool in this very thread!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I'm just sitting, since I don't feel like spending $$$, don't want to use my draft tickets yet (in case I can throw em at set 2, since I have a pile of set 1 boosters), and can't trade to assemble decks.

So yeah, just waiting.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I'm surprised how incredibly similar this is to MTG so far.

How do I get more cards?

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I'm surprised how incredibly similar this is to MTG so far.

How do I get more cards?

I had a wild beta invite for this appear in my inbox today as well. I forgot I had even signed up for it! Playing through the tutorial felt like MtG in all but name. Kinda turned me off since I already have a game like MtG.

Its MtG.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    hex isn't competing with MtG, it's competing with MtGO :P

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    Ya I'm going to have to agree with the many others in this thread. I'm simply waiting for PVE. I love Hearthstone and all but its PVE isn't that fleshed out. Naxx wings were okay but these dungeons seem exciting. The raids seem interesting but I don't know where I'm gonna find people to play with. I doubt pugging the raids will get you far.

• Options
    Kickstarted another "MMOCCG" the other day, though at a much lower level.

One of these games will be good someday.

• Options
    That's the game?

• Options
    LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    I feel as if I backed this at one point at a high tier... now I'm kind of burnt out on Digital TCG... WHOOPS!

#dangersofkickstarter

• Options
    @Forcevoid Eminence: Xander's Tales

No idea of it's good, but it's mobile focused and cheap to get into.

• Options
    Cool, thanks, I'll take a look

• Options
    So how do I get more decks and cards and such? I finished the trial thing and got a pack, is there a daily thing or something?

• Options
    edited September 2014
    So how do I get more decks and cards and such? I finished the trial thing and got a pack, is there a daily thing or something?

Going to have to buy some platinum now to get more cards. Closed Beta is currently only PVP which is not free. PVE will be free but is still in development.

If you do buy platinum I'd suggest drafting in which you keep the cards you draft. You also could just buy a bunch of cheap commons and uncommons off of the AH to build some decent decks.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Incindium wrote: »

Going to have to buy some platinum now to get more cards. Closed Beta is currently only PVP which is not free. PVE will be free but is still in development.

If you do buy platinum I'd suggest drafting in which you keep the cards you draft. You also could just buy a bunch of cheap commons and uncommons off of the AH to build some decent decks.

Guess I'll join the list of people waiting for PvE then.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I don't even open the game to check if PVE has happened, I just keep waiting for the thread title to let me know that PVE is a thing.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm uh, I'm kinda in the same boat. So much other stuff is out recently and I've been working so much that I haven't put any time into this. At some point I'll take a deeper look!

• Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    Big update in the next patch.

https://hextcg.com/your-feature-presentation/#more-7198

New patcher, UI, trading, priority passing options, and, significantly, better AI

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    Hmm... What they call "trading" is just mailing cards to each other with no actual "I give, you give" system, just relying on honor system. Hopefully they plan to introduce real trading...

• Options
    That trading interface is going to cause them no end of headaches. I foresee ten thousand support tickets opened for 'he said he'd trade and he didn't!'.

The pass til combat or end of turn buttons are fantastic, those will really help the game move along.

• Options
    JormungandrJormungandr Registered User regular
    A-Puck wrote: »
    That trading interface is going to cause them no end of headaches. I foresee ten thousand support tickets opened for 'he said he'd trade and he didn't!'.

The pass til combat or end of turn buttons are fantastic, those will really help the game move along.

Hopefully nobody will try to actually sell or trade cards via the mail, as that way lies sadness. But at least people who went in together on a higher pledge level looking to split the proceeds, etc, can finally move product around to the right accounts. And people can run their own tournaments and mail out prizes if that's a thing they want to do, etc. It's pretty sketchy for them to refer to mailing cards as "trading," but it's a step in the right direction. The rest of the changes look like a step in the right direction as well. We'll see.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Well new patch implemented new UI which looks prettier but in match actually makes the game harder to play. Plus a whole bunch of new stuff is broken including your card collection totals varying wildly with a different number of missing cards each time you log in. Tournaments are disabled(and rightfully so) because its pretty much unplayable in its current state.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Releasing completely busted versions of their digital version isn't helping their argument that they aren't ripping off Magic.
    BOOM!

• Options
    I was considering doing one of the VIP tournaments this weekend, but apparently your kickstarter ticket is only half the entry fee. The other half is $5. Which you still have to give to a shady European vendor I don't want to work with.