As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android [Chat]

EchoEcho ski-bapba-dapModerator mod
edited May 2013 in Debate and/or Discourse
Rediscovered Android Lust recently. Oh boy did I have a crush on Shikhee way back when.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6fVhYTRVp8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NKXfTs6-c8

HkxbHuS.jpg

Echo on

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    nspZ54V.jpg

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    it's a fix!

• Options
    i want the UN to come and check out this election

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    So basically SW:TOR nickles and dimes you to death?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Collusion!

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I say us Commoners start a revolt!

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    So basically SW:TOR nickles and dimes you to death?

Yep

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Today I re-read Burning Chrome and fiddled around with my Android: Netrunner cards. Appropriate chat is appropriate.

Cyberpunk's not dead, it's just had so many bionic implants that it's lost its humanity!

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I own the original Android board game and I genuinely hope that one day I have a group to play it with

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I am vaguely interested in running nets

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Shikhee is pretty much a female Trent Reznor. Android Lust just never got as big.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    I am vaguely interested in running nets

I've only gotten to play a few introductory games with the starter decks, but even that has been great. The theme, the asymmetry, the bluffing and mind games.

Can't wait to actually get into deck building etc.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    If you're looking for a MMO I cannot recommend Secret World enough

• Options
    I'm interested in Netrunner, but I already have the Star Wars LCG that I have yet to play.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    431968_392501817531885_388317743_n.jpg

• Options
    If you're looking for a MMO I cannot recommend Secret World enough

Rift goes F2P mid-June. It has my seal of approval.

• Options
    I don't think I ever got into LCGs

I kind of like the concept of that other Android game, though

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    The Guardian has an article with Netflix's content director. The man refuses to use ratings to guide things and presents no alternative " is this with the cost?" metric.

This strikes me as deeply unwise.

Still apparently they have 20 original series on the cards

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Some poor lady is missing in Bergen, since the night of the 17th. There's posters on every corner and in every bar. The divers of the fire brigade has been searching since last wednesday.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    If I had a better computer and more time and money I would like to play the Secret World. I love occult conspiracies.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Secret World is doing its own thing and it is very different from most other MMOs, to the point where I hesitate to recommend it if youre looking to brainlessly kill seven boars

which is not a jab at those mmos

killing boars and running through fantasy worlds and getting new gear and throwing fireballs or whatever is a weird itch i think most people who played WoW get from time to time

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    what is so different about the secret world, cass

• Options
    I would play Secret World if I had the compy to run it

• Options
    I guess the thing that's being loudly left unsaid in all these headlines is that no-ones really expecting to find her alive.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    My hall after the weekend of DIY. Amazingly, this is actually loads better than it looked before (as I'm sure the UK Boardgame [chat]ers will attest).

pq5X5jS.jpg?1

Also have cleaned up garden and have new patio furniture being picked up now. Today's teaching will pay for some solar lights and next week a wee little fire-thingy. :D

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »

It's a secret

Duh

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I guess the thing that's being loudly left unsaid in all these headlines is that no-ones really expecting to find her alive.

Happened here recently, with the posters and stuff too. The guy turned up drowned in the harbour, which is usually how it goes here. I assume in Norway there are also other options for disappearing though, like the mountains and stuff.

• Options
    oh, also today I begin going to an MMA gym. I'm gonna get lean and mean

• Options
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Happened here recently, with the posters and stuff too. The guy turned up drowned in the harbour, which is usually how it goes here. I assume in Norway there are also other options for disappearing though, like the mountains and stuff.

she disappeared from downtown bergen, which is has water on three sides. Drowned is probably it.

Her cellphone died shortly after she was last spotted, by the camera in a 7-11, so falling into the sea and drowning isn't unlikely.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

mJebC16.png

• Options
    edited May 2013

combat wise there are no classes, you get access to a wheel. leveling up gives you points that you can put in the wheel, but everything is accessible to everyone if you put the points in. also you can repeat quests and they give you the same amount of xp, so its super easy and worthwhile to play with new friends or redo old quests. most games make it pretty much worthless for a high level player to go play with a low level friend but it works well in TSW

quest wise there are a ton of investigation missions, which are about solving puzzles, and they're actually pretty intense. morse code, cyphers, literature, music, latin translations, etc. this isn't a huge draw for me but other people LOVE it. there's also an ingame browser so you can research stuff, and some quests will be like 'look up this youtube video' or whatever

gear doesn't affect your appearance, you buy clothes and wear uniforms and stuff, i like this a lot

the story is pretty complex and it is pretty ruthlessly not meant for the kind of people who like to pick up the quest, not read the text, and run away. instead one of the first NPCs you talk to is referencing philosophers and ancient history and you're expected to keep up. i like this a lot.

dungeons have very little trash mobs but fun boss fights in rapid succession, there is no mana or energy so instead of resource management youre doing stuff like positioning and dodging and whatnot, i like it a lot

also it's modern day and deals with cults and occult horrors, which is really cool. i don't think there's a mmo that explores that niche other than tsw right now

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    it's strange to be close to a news item.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Echo wrote: »

mJebC16.png

you're already fatter than me! and I'm halfway there already

you trollop

• Options
    BobCesca wrote: »
    My hall after the weekend of DIY. Amazingly, this is actually loads better than it looked before (as I'm sure the UK Boardgame [chat]ers will attest).

pq5X5jS.jpg?1

Also have cleaned up garden and have new patio furniture being picked up now. Today's teaching will pay for some solar lights and next week a wee little fire-thingy. :D

oh god nail boards on the stairs

those terrify me so much

so many cut feet as a child

D:

• Options
    I want TSW but im broke/cheap

• Options
    i too am tempted by TSW

but i have no friends who would play it

• Options
    edited May 2013

Have I got news for you!

It's F2P.

edit: oh wait, they went single-purchase. My bad.

Echo on
  • Options
    Echo wrote: »

Have I got news for you!

It's F2P.

Its B2P isnt it?

• Options
    the comments on the web newspaper's article about travelling to a part of the italian coast are delightful and reminding me that normal people exist on the internet

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    also everything is cross server/cross faction so playing with people is SUPER EASY without doing the stupid phonecall or im to see what server they're on

This discussion has been closed.