As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Arrested [chat]velopment

syndalissyndalis Getting ClassyOn the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
edited May 2013 in Debate and/or Discourse
Now the story of a wealthy chat thread who lost everything, And the one poster who had no choice but to keep them all together, / It's Arrested [Chat]velopment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYqPs0LInls

If you are not watching this, you should be. season 4 is fucking awesome.

EDIT: Even though this is AD chat, please don't post AD spoilers in here. Especially Season 4. kthxbai!

SW-4158-3990-6116
Let's play Mario Kart or something...
syndalis on

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    DAMMIT GETH WHEN WILL IT BE MY TURN

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    am i the only one who thinks memory foam is matress crack?

you people and your hot climates

i don't even

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Timothy. I was in Kent. Now i'm in a suburb of Canton.

so about an hour away from Cleveland. There is actually a Qdoba about 30 minutes from me but. . .not wooorth.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    There is a bit of hair in my armpit that seems to be immune to wax.

Cinders on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Cinders wrote: »

if they are short and well rooted, let them grow out and then try again.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

i don't even

Apparently they make softer ones now that don't get so hot.

Which sounds like a nice mattress.

This one I have now is bullpoop from a bullbutt.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Memory foam is a pain in the ass when you are moving.

• Options
    Mim wrote: »

the one time i got selected i was a backup, i was drunk and had an awesome eurovision [chat] contest OP

then shaz comes in with his srub tier phone post OP

>:V

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Every time I hear about clonopin or ambien or any sleep drug and people doing weird things, I find it kind of terrifying. Sleepwalking is so freaky to me.

My girlfriend used to see this amorphic black blob that would follow her around, and she said it was telling her to do things when she was on ambien.

Her doctor didn't believe her so I had to hide her pills because she has this fear of not following her doctor's orders (since it was lorded over here that if she didn't, she might not get a transplant and be stuck on dialysis forever). Thankfully she was on the smallest dose and had no withdrawal.

Whoa. I've also heard stories similar to that. Well for her it was that if she gets up for any reason and she starts seeing black blurs it terrified her because she knew she'd start sleepwalking.

She used to sit at the head of our bed and just rock and stare at the door so he couldn't "get her" IIRC. It was weird.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »

They aren't short.

That's the weird part.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I recently got a memory foam ergonomic pillow

At first it was really annoying and I was worried I had wasted an entire 50 dollars

Now though, holy fuck

It has modestly changed my life

My neck pain is drastically reduced

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I guess the root of my problem is that I'm extremely wary of student loans, but they're probably the only way for me to get a doctorate.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Bowen wrote:
    desc wrote: »
    Every time I hear about clonopin or ambien or any sleep drug and people doing weird things, I find it kind of terrifying. Sleepwalking is so freaky to me.

My girlfriend used to see this amorphic black blob that would follow her around, and she said it was telling her to do things when she was on ambien.

Her doctor didn't believe her so I had to hide her pills because she has this fear of not following her doctor's orders (since it was lorded over here that if she didn't, she might not get a transplant and be stuck on dialysis forever). Thankfully she was on the smallest dose and had no withdrawal.

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

I have only woken up with sleep paralysis once and I had the apparently classic experience of thinking there was this inky black figure staring malevolently at me and it super terrifying.

I'm basically imagining that but it's giving me orders.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    syndalis wrote: »

They aren't short.

That's the weird part.
    So tweezers. There can't be that many.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

the one time i got selected i was a backup, i was drunk and had an awesome eurovision [chat] contest OP

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr02/2013/5/30/15/anigif_enhanced-buzz-13692-1369942792-7.gif

poo
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I'm not getting on especially well with the new Arrested Development.

The humour seems to be much more spread out.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Second half of the season is way way better

• Options

I don't want to spoil it, but every single moment of the first five somewhat slow episodes is packed with latent funny.

The bottom half of this season justifies everything, and it is so well written, witty, funny, and at times surreal on almost a cartoonish level.

I loved the whole thing.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Bowen wrote:

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

I have only woken up with sleep paralysis once and I had the apparently classic experience of thinking there was this inky black figure staring malevolently at me and it super terrifying.

I'm basically imagining that but it's giving me orders.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Yeah. Yeah.

It's pretty scary watching a S/O go through this.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    @power puppies I haven't really doodled any this week :c

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Memory foam is a pain in the ass when you are moving.

Is it because it remembers the old place and is confused by the new place

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Chanus wrote: »

i don't even

mine is several years old now and still the goddamn sex

i love it

so comfortable

the only problem is it ruins me for other men beds, when i stay at a hotel i'm all "what is this shit? springs? in a matress? why don't you just give me an iron maiden to sleep in?"

Casual on
  • Options
    enhanced-buzz-6919-1369946479-8.jpg

this is actually an episode i like a lot

poo
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    My dog is such a White person in a horror flick sometimes.

"OH, WHAT'S THAT SOUND? COME ON TOKEN MINORITY PAL, LET'S GO INVESTIGATE"

and I'm like "Wiley, calm your shit, let's just stay up here, it's cool. Ain't nothing to worry about"

"NO, I MUST GO SEEEEEEE. AND I DON'T WANT TO GO ALONE. COME WITH ME."

"Ugh, fine."

and then I get murdered.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

Second half of the season is way way better

Good to know.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    It definitely felt like it was harder to get into the season than I imagined it should have been.

But then it starts paying dividends.

Dividends of funny.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

I'm just sad I didn't get to make a Time [chat] OP for the thread after the one where mentioning Time Cop got banned.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    It's one thing to tourniquet a wound to stop blood loss. Watching someone literally lose their mind in front of you because you can't help them just makes you feel worthless as a person. Even though you're not, but that helpless feeling is one of the worst I've ever felt.

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

Whoa. I've also heard stories similar to that. Well for her it was that if she gets up for any reason and she starts seeing black blurs it terrified her because she knew she'd start sleepwalking.

She used to sit at the head of our bed and just rock and stare at the door so he couldn't "get her" IIRC. It was weird.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

• Options
    It's one thing to tourniquet a wound to stop blood loss. Watching someone literally lose their mind in front of you because you can't help them just makes you feel worthless as a person. Even though you're not, but that helpless feeling is one of the worst I've ever felt.
    I wish I could agree with this post, like, 20 goddamned times.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    my mattress from HS at my parents house is my fav mattress
    should have stuck with what i know, that thing is good

also it is a queen cuz suburbs and you have room for that there o_o

poo
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    fuck anyone who says anything about s4 outside of spoilers

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

i don't even

mine is several years old now and still the goddamn sex

i love it

so comfortable

the only problem is it ruins me for other men beds, when i stay at a hotel i'm all "what is this shit? springs? in a matress? why don't you just give me an iron maiden to sleep in?"

Are you a firm mattress kind of fella?

I like mine pretty soft.

I also have a sneaking suspicion I've spent almost 33 years sleeping wrong because I suck at it.

• Options

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

my

thoughts

exactly

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    work bits

A: I had my first user to both a: have the general help desk create a ticket for their USB device, and b: not know what a USB device is.
    B: a user had one of those scare viruses that pops up a window to tell you to click on this malicious link or call this number and pay us money. The user changed the file names of the directories the offending file was in before we got a hold of them, and the virus stopped popping up windows. Least.Effective.Virus.Ever.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

agreed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    @mim oh it's no sweat, I've totally gotten used to it. Literally the only thing I miss is being able to just order pizza. I can still basically eat anything I want, it's just way more effort.

#findacure

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

It is p horrible.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

imageshavent-slept-for-10-days.jpg

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    the work day's gotta be close to being over right

9:48

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

This discussion has been closed.