Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

George R.R. Martin sends his regards. [GoT]

14142444647100

Posts

  • The BetmanThe Betman Freyalise Llanowar, poopin' elvesRegistered User regular
    oh. well then.

    unJss98.jpg

    D3: TheBetman#1189 Steam XBox Live: The Betman PSN: The Betman 3DS: 1521-2933-5072 Tumblr (SFW) I started an MTG blog!
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt W O R S H I P C A T G O DRegistered User regular
    The Betman wrote: »
    oh. well then.

    did that answer your question well enough?

  • The BetmanThe Betman Freyalise Llanowar, poopin' elvesRegistered User regular
    Yes it did!

    unJss98.jpg

    D3: TheBetman#1189 Steam XBox Live: The Betman PSN: The Betman 3DS: 1521-2933-5072 Tumblr (SFW) I started an MTG blog!
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Someone out there somewhere read the epilogue of AFFC and didn't go "huh?" and have to read the prologue again.

    a5ehrenSkulloHyperBalladShadowen
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt W O R S H I P C A T G O DRegistered User regular
    The Betman wrote: »
    Yes it did!

    okay very good then, very good

  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Ivar wrote: »
    too bad there's no Damphair
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    Eh, there wasn't any indication of who he was at the moment, so it doesn't really make anything a certainty

    it'd assuredly be a different actor when the time came, anyway

    but yeah
    Spoiler:

    He has at least one POV chapter in Winds of Winter.

    Is it online, or has it just been confirmed/read?

    I know it's been read, I don't know if it was ever put online cause I kind of intentionally avoid that stuff.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    my brother-in-law marathoned through the first season yesterday and the day before. he finished the 9th episode last night, slowly turned to me, and said, "What. the fuck?"

    it was delicious.
    Spoiler:

    NeoTomaSnicketysnickNaphtaliHacksawAnialosZonugalSkeithBobbleHyperBallad
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights fuck tough be coolRegistered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Ivar wrote: »
    too bad there's no Damphair
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    Eh, there wasn't any indication of who he was at the moment, so it doesn't really make anything a certainty

    it'd assuredly be a different actor when the time came, anyway

    but yeah
    Spoiler:

    He has at least one POV chapter in Winds of Winter.

    Is it online, or has it just been confirmed/read?

    I know it's been read, I don't know if it was ever put online cause I kind of intentionally avoid that stuff.

    gonna find it, read it, and spoil it for bale

  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I have been reading these while in the hospital for the past month.

    Fucking feast of fuckall happens.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    I Win SwordfightsJustTeeknitdan
  • The BetmanThe Betman Freyalise Llanowar, poopin' elvesRegistered User regular
    my copy of Dance with Dragons should be here in 2 days because they wanted $35 for it at barnes and noble when its $20 on their website

    but they let me order it from their website in-store and then gave me free shipping so that was really neat

    unJss98.jpg

    D3: TheBetman#1189 Steam XBox Live: The Betman PSN: The Betman 3DS: 1521-2933-5072 Tumblr (SFW) I started an MTG blog!
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    JustTee wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    Having finished and knowing what to expect from it, I didn't mind Feast too much once I stopped expecting something to happen. It's a book full of character moments rather than full of plot. If I'd read it when it came out, knowing that there'd be three years until the next one, I'd probably have hated it. As it is, knowing I can read the next one whenever I want, it's not too bad.

    There's not a lot of character development though. Cersei's plot in particular takes a lot of time to tell us that Cersei would be a bad queen and is a pretty unpleasant person. The scales falling from Jaime's eyes seems like the most important thing that happened in her plot. Brienne's character is still Honourable And Good At Fighting. I enjoyed Arya's plot a lot, but found the end point frustrating. Presumably it's going to be two books until we find out what the fuck happened there, ditto Brienne's almost literal cliffhanger
    Spoiler:

    =_= Just in case you don't care to know anything about Goddamned anything in Dance with Dragons.

    the spoiling isn't so much for the person who's about to read Dance, it's for the people who don't know how the time between where we currently are in the show and where dance starts goes

    talking about major characters pretty much confirms they're still alive (which is a bit of a spoiler in this series)

    Listen man. They have a thread, where it is VERY CLEAR that there are NO BOOKS. And if they don't want ANY SPOILERS, that is their safe haven, and that is where they should stay. Sure, mentioning a character confirms they're alive, but spoilers abound in the internets, and if you stray outside of the designated SHOW ONLY zone, well, guess what. Shit has been out for 3, 7, and 13+ years.

    this isn't D&D, we use this one thread for all ASOIAF/GOT stuff and it generally works pretty well
    Houk wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    Having finished and knowing what to expect from it, I didn't mind Feast too much once I stopped expecting something to happen. It's a book full of character moments rather than full of plot. If I'd read it when it came out, knowing that there'd be three years until the next one, I'd probably have hated it. As it is, knowing I can read the next one whenever I want, it's not too bad.

    There's not a lot of character development though. Cersei's plot in particular takes a lot of time to tell us that Cersei would be a bad queen and is a pretty unpleasant person. The scales falling from Jaime's eyes seems like the most important thing that happened in her plot. Brienne's character is still Honourable And Good At Fighting. I enjoyed Arya's plot a lot, but found the end point frustrating. Presumably it's going to be two books until we find out what the fuck happened there, ditto Brienne's almost literal cliffhanger
    Spoiler:

    =_= Just in case you don't care to know anything about Goddamned anything in Dance with Dragons.

    the spoiling isn't so much for the person who's about to read Dance, it's for the people who don't know how the time between where we currently are in the show and where dance starts goes

    talking about major characters pretty much confirms they're still alive (which is a bit of a spoiler in this series)

    this has been happening like every other post for the past two pages

    well yeah and I'd rather it hadn't, but you can only obnoxiously remind people about this so often

    and I know it's an easy thing to slip about cause it seems like such a small detail

    Spoiling is the sweetest thing there is. What do you think reading the books is for? You think it’s all condescending to show watchers and laughing at their ignorance? Book readers are for spoiling.

  • TubeTube Says some shit Administrator, ClubPA admin
    I had pretty much every big event spoiled and it didn't effect my enjoyment at all.

    I Win SwordfightsLanglyBobble
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Registered User regular
    Someone out there somewhere read the epilogue of AFFC and didn't go "huh?" and have to read the prologue again.

    I didn't notice it was the same name, because it was like a week later and I didn't know I was suppose to remember him.

    Denny's is for winners.
    mkc.pngmkc.pngmkc.pngmontykevin.png
  • Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Fartin' Johnny Treason, at your serviceRegistered User regular
    re: FFC prologue
    Spoiler:

    uioF4Kd.png
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt W O R S H I P C A T G O DRegistered User regular
    re: FFC prologue
    Spoiler:

    in AGOT? or ACOK?
    Spoiler:

  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Are You Satisfied?Registered User regular
    Watching the latest episode reminded me of a recurring thing throughout the series that really annoys me. Double-spoiler below.
    Spoiler:

  • TubeTube Says some shit Administrator, ClubPA admin
    I've only watched a few episodes of the series, but it really bugs me that they changed the wedding night scene for daenerys so that the message of it was essentially the opposite of the book. There was no point to it and it set up some really weird implications.

    el_vicio
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I've only watched a few episodes of the series, but it really bugs me that they changed the wedding night scene for daenerys so that the message of it was essentially the opposite of the book. There was no point to it and it set up some really weird implications.

    It definitely plays out differently in the book, and that's actually how they initially tried to film it, but basically both the director and the actors felt like it wasn't really working. In the books he's fairly nice to her the first time, and then just kind of treats her like a piece of meat afterwards until she's really able to get him to see her as an individual, but that kind of complex relationship arc is damned hard to fit into the limited screen time of a TV series. So instead they rejiggered it so that it was very, very rapey in the beginning, to communicate Dany's fear and terror (and that she's basically just been sold off in exchange for soldiers) and then it's an ongoing strengthening relationship between them afterwards.

    It's still a sort of Stockholm Syndrome-y relationship, but then that IS sort of what their relationship was like.

    History is an account, mostly false, of events, mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers, mostly knaves, and soldiers, mostly fools.
    Theodore Floosevelt
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights fuck tough be coolRegistered User regular
    that scene with dany and the warlock in season two though?

    where she
    Spoiler:

  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    AFFC
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Arang wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    It's possible to deduce what happens just from the information given to you in Feast

    but yes that cliffhanger does get somewhat resolved.

    wait, is it?

    what happens
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    see

    i think she says
    Spoiler:

    Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast Satan!
  • Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Fartin' Johnny Treason, at your serviceRegistered User regular
    Nogs wrote: »
    AFFC
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Arang wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    It's possible to deduce what happens just from the information given to you in Feast

    but yes that cliffhanger does get somewhat resolved.

    wait, is it?

    what happens
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    see

    i think she says
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    uioF4Kd.png
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Registered User regular
    Nogs wrote: »
    AFFC
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Arang wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    It's possible to deduce what happens just from the information given to you in Feast

    but yes that cliffhanger does get somewhat resolved.

    wait, is it?

    what happens
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    see

    i think she says
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    Oh...hrmm.

    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast Satan!
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Nogs wrote: »
    AFFC
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Arang wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    It's possible to deduce what happens just from the information given to you in Feast

    but yes that cliffhanger does get somewhat resolved.

    wait, is it?

    what happens
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    see

    i think she says
    Spoiler:

    She tries those words earlier in the scene. There's only one thing Stoneheart really cares about it and it's not that.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Watching the latest episode reminded me of a recurring thing throughout the series that really annoys me. Double-spoiler below.
    Spoiler:

    you may not have noticed but kind of the point of the series is to subvert those sorts of fantasy tropes

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Are You Satisfied?Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Watching the latest episode reminded me of a recurring thing throughout the series that really annoys me. Double-spoiler below.
    Spoiler:

    you may not have noticed but kind of the point of the series is to subvert those sorts of fantasy tropes

    I know that, but...
    Spoiler:

  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I can't wait to see
    Spoiler:
    in the show.

    Since
    Spoiler:
    hasn't been at the forefront as much as I'd expect.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Crimson KingSassoriSkeithmasterofmetroidLegba
  • Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Fartin' Johnny Treason, at your serviceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I can't wait to see
    Spoiler:
    in the show.

    Since
    Spoiler:
    hasn't been at the forefront as much as I'd expect.
    Spoiler:

    Dongs Galore on
    uioF4Kd.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    are you sure it happened in that order?

  • Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Fartin' Johnny Treason, at your serviceRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    are you sure it happened in that order?

    (Book spoilers)
    Spoiler:

    uioF4Kd.png
    PonyShadowen
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    oh god damn it I read whelp as the internet word whelp

    what has happened to me

  • Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Fartin' Johnny Treason, at your serviceRegistered User regular
    no no that's spelled welp

    uioF4Kd.png
    TheLawinator
  • ToastmoldToastmold Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I'm really hoping and expecting that the show will drastically streamline or cut
    Spoiler:

    Toastmold on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Toastmold wrote: »
    I'm really hoping and expecting that the show will drastically streamline or cut
    Spoiler:

    except it ain't pointless, the Ironborn stuff especially.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    HacksawNeoTomaAnialosDongs GaloreTheodore FlooseveltSkeithYaYamasterofmetroidMortal Sky
  • GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer Registered User regular
    Some people just don't like reading medieval politics.

    I do, though. Give me more Dorne plz.

    Hacksawsarukunmasterofmetroid
  • The BetmanThe Betman Freyalise Llanowar, poopin' elvesRegistered User regular
    The Dorne stuff in FFC didn't really do it for me

    ironborn, though, that's where its at

    unJss98.jpg

    D3: TheBetman#1189 Steam XBox Live: The Betman PSN: The Betman 3DS: 1521-2933-5072 Tumblr (SFW) I started an MTG blog!
  • GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer Registered User regular
    Irondorne. That which is dead cannot be broken, bowed or bent.

    HacksawJustTeeLanglyTheodore FlooseveltSkeithmasterofmetroidTofystedethShadowen
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Toastmold wrote: »
    I'm really hoping and expecting that the show will drastically streamline or cut
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    funkybanner_zps9614e94d.png
  • Crimson KingCrimson King we need no grave to bury honesty there's not a grain of it the face to sweeten of the whole dungy earthRegistered User regular
    if you don't like reading about the ironborn i don't even know what to make of you
    Spoiler:

    DS: 4742 - 6001 - 2106 add me to your friend safaris
    Nickle
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Casting is going to be really important for AFFC. Any reservations the audience may have can be overcome if they cast the right actors.

    I'm just hoping that they can get Patrick Stewart to play the Kindly Man.

  • TaramoorTaramoor Registered User regular
    Irondorne. That which is dead cannot be broken, bowed or bent.

    More like "We do not bow"

    ASimPersonTheodore Floosevelt
This discussion has been closed.