As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Division] Re-industrializing Manhatten one gun at a time. Releasing March 8th 2016.

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
edited March 2016 in Games and Technology
The Division is a squad based free for all that puts players vs AI and other squad to gain gear and levels.

Set in Manhatten after a breakout of a deadly virus, the game offers tactical gameplay with several different classes such as Support, Offense, and Defense.

The game acts a lot like a 3rd person shooter/rpg and is only multiplayer. Going it alone does not work, so gather your friends and go on missions, find loot, or kill other players who have gone rogue.

https://youtu.be/v39AT3d3a2Q

https://youtu.be/GhgUtp1cKzI

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BY7U1X6lP9E

60 fps PC trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoihtTcohO8

The game's release date is March 8th 2016 for Xbox One, PS4, and PC. Open beta on the 18th of January for Xbox one, 19th for everyone else. Ending on the 21st was fantastic.

PC System requirements here.

Minimum:
Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Processor: Intel Core i5-2400, AMD FX-6100 or better
RAM: 6GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 with 2 GB VRAM (current equivalent NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760), AMD Radeon HD 7770 with 2 GB VRAM or better
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive Space: 40 GB of space available

Recommended:
Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, AMD FX-8350 or better
RAM: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, AMD Radeon R9 290 or better
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 40 GB of space available

PA player spreadsheet Roe was too lazy to put in

oHw5R0V.jpg
Roe on

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    @Nocren I hope it is Future Soldier but better.

I need to get home to see the trailer.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    This looks amazing, but no PC release makes me :cry:

Edit: Actually, as some people noted in the E3 thread, Ubi often doesn't announce PC versions, even when they're coming. This is (supposedly) running on the Watch Dogs engine, and Watch Dogs is coming to PC. So maybe there's hope?

Vi Monks on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    damn. @TychoCelchuuu didn't make this thread.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    So this is the world after a viral infection killed a lot of people causing chaos? I am really interested in this. Sounds like a cool premise and at least there aren't zombies for once. Viruses don't need to turn people into zombies to be bad, mmmkay.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    So this is the world after a viral infection killed a lot of people causing chaos? I am really interested in this. Sounds like a cool premise and at least there aren't zombies for once. Viruses don't need to turn people into zombies to be bad, mmmkay.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Said this in the other trailer, but I think this is my favourite reveal of E3 so far.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    damn. @TychoCelchuuu didn't make this thread.
    hahaha

pc gamer for lyfe bro no pc release no thread from me suck my dick ubisoft

• Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    Yeah another boo-urns on the no PC from me. I guess that means it's something I'll be more likely to play with the wife? Fat chance of seeing split screen, I'll bet, though.

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    This and Below are the only games from E3 that have got me champing at the bit.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I don't...

why would this not be on PC ubisoft

I roll to disbelieve

---

Also gameplay footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_j9uKBmUEk

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Why can they port this to tablets but not to the computers they're making this video game on.

• Options
    Why can they port this to tablets but not to the computers they're making this video game on.
    I am not sold at all that this isn't coming to PC, but the Tablet/Smart Phone thing looks like it's only controlling that drone, not the full game.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah I know. But they're going through the effort to let people with tablets play, why not go through the effort to let people with PCs play?

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    No PC version? Oh well, fuck 'em. There's no shortage of games these days.

• Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    A squad based version of The Stand? I can dig it.

• Options
    GdiguyGdiguy San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    Holy damn that gameplay video is nice (the trailer was a bit too long without gameplay for my tastes)

• Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    that trailer is incredible, but it makes me a bit worried for Watch Dogs, since the Division seems to be drawing heavily from its gameplay

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    No PC version? Oh well, fuck 'em. There's no shortage of games these days.

Just wait until Gamescom. They studio that makes the PC versions (Ubi Bucharest probably) must be making multiplayer DLC for the next Assassin's Creed. :P

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    I think Watch_Dogs and Division are going after two different sectors (GTA/AssCreed vs Battlefield/Destiny)

oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Gdiguy wrote: »
    Holy damn that gameplay video is nice (the trailer was a bit too long without gameplay for my tastes)

Remember the Watch Dogs reveal last year, first the exposition then the gameplay.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Gdiguy wrote: »
    Is it wrong of me that I ever so slightly kinda want to be That Guy and be the group ambushing the other guys who were extracting after a mission?

That gameplay video was really sick, but I did kinda laugh on how they triggered that police station fight for the more dramatic way possible instead of doing it more intelligently.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I updated the OP with the real trailer, sorry I didn't test it.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    That zoom to the city map at the end makes me hope that there's going to be some crazy holding territory stuff going on.

oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    At the end on the zoom out, those looked like clan names or some such. All the players at the beginning all had "raven" under their names and at the end, all the other players had 50 caliber; and not only did it appear to be clan names, but they are color coded at the end between red and blue, and there are circles denoting the amount of players for each side at an area (a circle with dots, color coded in the center).

With zones and such, I wonder if it's part of what Mike Danger said, some crazy territory capture and defend kinda stuff.

XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Evigilant wrote: »
    At the end on the zoom out, those looked like clan names or some such. All the players at the beginning all had "raven" under their names and at the end, all the other players had 50 caliber; and not only did it appear to be clan names, but they are color coded at the end between red and blue, and there are circles denoting the amount of players for each side at an area (a circle with dots, color coded in the center).

With zones and such, I wonder if it's part of what Mike Danger said, some crazy territory capture and defend kinda stuff.

God I hope so. I played a bunch of MAG, and this looks like it is right up my alley.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    The more and more I watch the gameplay trailer the more questions I have because it really has my interests piqued:

1) I wonder what the hit detection is going to be like. Is always going to be flat damage, based on your weapons and mods? Is it going to be a dice roll when you are aiming at a target and shoot at it to determine if you "crit" or miss? What about headshots, etc. Because if it's just aim at target, shoot and see if you hit or miss, that's no fun at all; but if instead everyone just has a pool of health, and it still takes into account weapon, mods, and actual aiming, that could be interesting (though I dream of the day where damage is not based on type of weapon but on bullet caliber).
    2) How big can squads be?
    3) How big are zones going to be? I wonder, with squads, clans, and points, how much of it is instanced or not?

I know, I know, no one has the answers about any of this now, but I'm genuinely interested in the game.

XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    @Nocren I hope it is Future Soldier but better.

I need to get home to see the trailer.

It looks that way...

Great, now I'll need to get a PS4 and a tablet.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Harbringer197Harbringer197 Registered User regular
    the only thing i hope is that the game doesnt end up with borderlands syndrome where some enemies especially at higher levels are bullet sponges.

like all the guns should be able to kill reasonably well it does look very nice.

• Options
    I definitely saw headshot damage in effect in the gameplay video. I'm curious about the tuning; if I can't point blank one shot shotgun headshot a normal guy with no helmet, I will be sorely disappointed.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    This has been my game of the show so far. I can't wait to play it.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular

The tablet isn't playing the full game, they're doing little drone stuff. They showed a picture of what it looks like on the tablet screen, and its nothing like the actual shooty parts you saw in the trailer. Its way scaled down, its like playing a support drone thing.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    CorriganX wrote: »

The tablet isn't playing the full game, they're doing little drone stuff. They showed a picture of what it looks like on the tablet screen, and its nothing like the actual shooty parts you saw in the trailer. Its way scaled down, its like playing a support drone thing.
    If people could stop pointing this out to me that would be great! I know it's not literally going to run the actual game client on a tablet. What I'm saying is that if they're going to go through the trouble of letting someone play this on their roboclipboard you'd think they'd let me and my fancy gaming PC get in on the action. It's like, in the list of "people who buy video games about shooting people," are "tablet owners" really higher than "hardcore PC gamers?"

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Awesome forum stuff whee. Double posts.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Then send them a letter or an e-mail. Do the same thing I do, care about it when it's out.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Trying to balance PC kb/m with controller isnt worth the effort. Unless they were going to keep the playerbases seperated.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    What, are they going to combine XBone and PS4 players into one world? I sort of doubt that.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Trying to balance PC kb/m with controller isnt worth the effort. Unless they were going to keep the playerbases seperated.

This is why nearly all games don't (save for Shadowrun, which was its raison d'être). Saying the game won't come out on PC because oh no kbam is nonsensical. Mouse and keyboard have zero effect on the console versions.

And realistically, this is Ubisoft. It's probably going to be a Ghost Recon Future Soldier business ("oh no, no PC version because piracy" to having one mysteriously pop up like six months later).

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I dunno the tablet action seems to hint towards one shared world, otherwise which one do tablet users use?

616610-1.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    I dunno the tablet action seems to hint towards one shared world, otherwise which one do tablet users use?

The one they've tied their tablet version to, obviously.

This discussion has been closed.