As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars Battlefront | We got Death Star, we got Death Star, we got Death Star

• Options
    Jedi_BoiJedi_Boi Registered User regular
    Can I purchase the DLC's separately, or do I need the seasons pass?

i.imgur.com/DG7Jj7H.jpg
    Godspeed, Ironsides.
  • Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    Jedi_Boi wrote: »
    Can I purchase the DLC's separately, or do I need the seasons pass?

You can, the DLC is just available two weeks earlier for Season Pass holders.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Rumors are circulating that Single Player Instant Action may be a thing soon

If that happens, I will be totally back into this game.

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Speaking of, has anyone tried Bespin?

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I haven't yet.

DOOM and Overwatch came out and effectively murdered my Battlefront playtime.

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    The Bespin stuff is all genuinely great. The DLC is much better than Outer Rim as far as I'm concerned (and I say that as a big Greedo fan) and comes with fewer weird problems. That being said all the DLC stuff really does take place in Bespin, so if you're super allergic to samey looking maps then I'd steer clear.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/whats-next-for-star-wars-battlefront-this-summer

OFFLINE Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron v BOTS being added next week.

If this applies to all the DLC maps, I will be spending some money and time on this game

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/whats-next-for-star-wars-battlefront-this-summer

If this applies to all the DLC maps, I will be spending some money and time on this game

Yeah, offline for all DLC would mean I probably buy the Season Pass.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Finally turned this on again after a months-long stretch of Doom and Overwatch and boy I have to re-learn how to play this game. So slow in comparison.

Bespin is real purty though.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

And now I'm re-installing.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    The SW Celebration live stream is showcasing game stuff now. We could see a Death Star tease.

https://youtu.be/pvKFHYb0oCU

Update: They showed ten seconds of a big space battle and the trench run. Also confirmed Chewbacca. And a deleted tweet indicated capital ships as well.

Ceno on
  • Options
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    The only thing keeping me from playing on PC again is the abysmal player base. All this new content looks amazing and I would love to play again, but if there's no players online what's the point?

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The only thing keeping me from playing on PC again is the abysmal player base. All this new content looks amazing and I would love to play again, but if there's no players online what's the point?

I have to admit, I'm semi-tempted to pick up Battlefront on PC because of the offline single-player mode and the current Origin sale. If it turns out the offline mode will work with the DLC maps, that might make the decision a little easier.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    PS4 population still seems solid and it's been on sale a lot. I'd be happy to play with anyone on the forums if you ever want to group up.

Ceno on
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Deleted tweet also indicates Jyn Erso being a hero character. Also Director Krennic.

Ceno on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

Deleted tweet also indicates Jyn Erso being a hero character. Also Director Krennic.

Makes sense.

I mean, it wasn't going to be Peter Cushing. At least that Krennic guy is shown holding a gun.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    After reinstalling today on PC I've had no trouble finding full 40 player games. My average wait time is like 20-30 seconds. Only played a few hours though, and it could be due to the hype spike of all the new content details. Though, even during the downtimes when I've played this I've never had a hard time finding games. I think its a safe buy. Star Wars games always maintain a decent sized player base just by virtue of name recognition.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Battlefront still bums me out for a number of reasons, but they're on their way to making a game worth sixty dollars

It just took a fifty dollar season pass and a bunch of free updates to do it...

And there's gonna be a Battlefront 2 next year...

...yeah Battlefront still bums me out

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Battlefront still bums me out for a number of reasons, but they're on their way to making a game worth sixty dollars

It just took a fifty dollar season pass and a bunch of free updates to do it...

And there's gonna be a Battlefront 2 next year...

...yeah Battlefront still bums me out

Hopefully they realize that the Star Wars name alone isnt going to sell the next one, and that some effort needs to be put into the base content at release.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Ha... soooo with the announcement that the final DLC will be centered around Rogue One, did they catch themselves in a lie? I believe it was EA who said they were limited to original trilogy content. Now suddenly they're not?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Ha... soooo with the announcement that the final DLC will be centered around Rogue One, did they catch themselves in a lie? I believe it was EA who said they were limited to original trilogy content. Now suddenly they're not?

One could stretch the thinking on their side a bit and say that Rogue One takes place kind of in the same OT timeline.

sig.gif

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    It's not a lie, it's adding "value" to the experience. You thought it was original content? It was, and this other stuff, too! We're giving you "more" because we're so nice and it's crazy "value".

Or in non-marketing speak, it's manipulating the message to make people think one way but really do something else in order to get more $$$.

Lilnoobs on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Have they added split screen to PC yet?

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    It is bizarre that they are doing Rogue One content and skipping Force Awakens entirely.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    It is bizarre that they are doing Rogue One content and skipping Force Awakens entirely.

Well it is the same era.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Jakku is in Battlefront.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Jakku is in Battlefront.

But the battle of Jakku happened pre-first order, about a year after the battle of endor.

Force Awakens is ~30 years later.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    The thing that makes the least sense to me is picking Chewie over Obi Wan as the hero for the Death Star pack. Bossk too, but there's only so many villains to choose from to begin with, so it's not too bad.

• Options
    Jakku is in Battlefront.

But the battle of Jakku happened pre-first order, about a year after the battle of endor.

And Rogue One ends right before A New Hope begins. It falls within the OT era.

I think they said Battlefront 2 will have new trilogy content.

• Options
    Still no word on if DLC maps will be available in the offline mode.

The crown jewel would be all modes offline, but the Walker Assault/Skirmish is a good start.

sig.gif

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Jakku is in Battlefront.

Yeah, my point being that Jakku being in Battlefront is consistent as being OT era, in the same way that the inclusion of Rogue One is.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Personally, EA seemed to be pleading with people at E3 that they'll do better with Battlefront so please stick around.

I'm hoping that means Battlefront 2 will have much more effort put into making it a complete package instead of a full priced early access title.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Idx86 wrote: »

The crown jewel would be all modes offline, but the Walker Assault/Skirmish is a good start.

Yeah, the wording on the Battlefront website is iffy. They mention Skirmish taking place on four locations ranging from Hoth to Sullust. This leads me to believe that it's only going to be the original 4 maps for the bot mode. Hopefully more maps and modes are added later. They also call the skirmishes "solo missions" which I find worrying... I was hoping best case scenario, I would be able to work towards MP XP progression stuff while playing with bots, or at least be able to use whatever weapons and gear loadouts I want. Calling them missions makes me think the loadouts are going to be severely limited like they are in the already existing mission mode...

• Options
    Idx86 wrote: »

Yeah, the wording on the Battlefront website is iffy. They mention Skirmish taking place on four locations ranging from Hoth to Sullust. This leads me to believe that it's only going to be the original 4 maps for the bot mode. Hopefully more maps and modes are added later. They also call the skirmishes "solo missions" which I find worrying... I was hoping best case scenario, I would be able to work towards MP XP progression stuff while playing with bots, or at least be able to use whatever weapons and gear loadouts I want. Calling them missions makes me think the loadouts are going to be severely limited like they are in the already existing mission mode...

This was my main concern and why I opted to hold off on picking up the PC version until after the vs. AI mode was actually launched and the features actually detailed. Origin has a whole pile of sales anyways, so it's not like I'm likely going to have to wait long for the next sale event.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Jakku is in Battlefront.

Yeah, my point being that Jakku being in Battlefront is consistent as being OT era, in the same way that the inclusion of Rogue One is.

I think we're actually in agreement here and there's been some weird misunderstanding.

• Options
    Is the bot mode patch today or tomorrow?

• Options
    Tomorrow.

• Options
    Some skirmish mode details:

All weapons are unlocked and available to use, I think including hutt contract weapons regardless if youve earned them or not

There are two preset hands to choose from, but i think they differ from map to map. There's a third hand you can customize with starcards youve earned in MP

You cant choose your appearance, but it will be random every time you respawn. It doesn't matter if you've unlocked the skin in MP or not. Stormtroopers will aways be in helmets.

AI will play the objectives, you wont have to do it all yourself. I think the ai will grab power-ups, but they will never take the hero token in walker assault. Think the devs sid the will take the hero ships in fighter squadron, though.

All base game maps including the Hoth and Endor variants will work in skirmish. If they added walker assault to Jakku, then that should work too. No word on DLC maps yet.

Some of this info is straight from a dev on Twitter, and some I've gleaned from watching youtube videos, so it's possible some of this isn't entirely accurate.

• Options
    Some skirmish mode details:

All weapons are unlocked and available to use, I think including hutt contract weapons regardless if youve earned them or not

There are two preset hands to choose from, but i think they differ from map to map. There's a third hand you can customize with starcards youve earned in MP

You cant choose your appearance, but it will be random every time you respawn. It doesn't matter if you've unlocked the skin in MP or not. Stormtroopers will aways be in helmets.

AI will play the objectives, you wont have to do it all yourself. I think the ai will grab power-ups, but they will never take the hero token in walker assault. Think the devs sid the will take the hero ships in fighter squadron, though.

All base game maps including the Hoth and Endor variants will work in skirmish. If they added walker assault to Jakku, then that should work too. No word on DLC maps yet.

Some of this info is straight from a dev on Twitter, and some I've gleaned from watching youtube videos, so it's possible some of this isn't entirely accurate.

So no leveling up in offline play? Hmm...kinda glad I held off on picking it up on PC then.