As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars Battlefront | We got Death Star, we got Death Star, we got Death Star

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Which platform did you play it on? Because BF4 was hot garbage on PS4 for tons of people, myself included. Most definitely not overblown.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Which platform did you play it on? Because BF4 was hot garbage on PS4 for tons of people, myself included. Most definitely not overblown.
    oh.. uh.. pc
    I sort of forgot battlefield comes out on consoles

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Well, the game didn't work for most people regardless of platform, but PC probably saw the least amount of issues. You just got lucky I guess.

Either way, if DICE really did do the MP stuff for Hardline, I haven't seen any major issues reported on any platform. So there's hope.

A New Hope, even.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    5fYaBTC.jpg

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    There are 50 Ewoks in the picture.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    ...and then they announce it as a Moba and everyone cries.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Graphics look so cash. Based frostbite.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Ah, the old "stupidly short show video of a game despite the fact that this is 2015 and that was a shitty advertising style 10 years ago".

Good old EA, still keeping up with the times.

That little blip looks boss, sure, but ten seconds of video is pretty worthless these days. At least show a minute or two of gameplay or show a proper trailer, cripes.

EDIT: Almost forgot to gromble about the fact that EA got the Star Wars game rights. Gromble gromble gromble.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    17174232935_f5b6e1afff.jpg

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Man there is just no way that won't sell like hot cakes. And that cover is awesome, which I don't say often for video games

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Surprised they incorporated EA into the main game logo. Quite assertively linking the EA brand to the Star Wars license, it seems.

The game looks pretty, but going by BF3 and BF4's launches, I'd be amazed if it isn't terribly bugridden. Not that it'll do one thing to the gargantuan near-guaranteed sales, though.

Edit: I just realised how great this year's going to end up for PC gaming. Pillars of Eternity, Homeworld Remastered, Cities Skylines, GTA V, Witcher 3, MGS V, Star Wars Battlefront, and we'll no doubt have more during the Christmas period. Crazy.

Suriko on
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Ah, the old "stupidly short show video of a game despite the fact that this is 2015 and that was a shitty advertising style 10 years ago".

That little blip looks boss, sure, but ten seconds of video is pretty worthless these days. At least show a minute or two of gameplay or show a proper trailer, cripes.

EDIT: Almost forgot to gromble about the fact that EA got the Star Wars game rights. Gromble gromble gromble.

Eh, they're not really trying to advertise it yet. The teaser clips are more or less to keep base line interest and remind people that the game exists.

• Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Commodore75 on
  • Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular

Eh, they're not really trying to advertise it yet.

This.
    We still have a few hours (6.5 now) to go till they start talking about the game.
    Keep calm (for 7 more hours).

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

Hey hey! Birthday release!

Cover art has me hype as much as the new Episode 7 teaser. This game is set to break selling records. I can't wait to play Star Wars - Battlefront EA on my Playstation 4 or PC guys!

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I'm hoping this scratches my star wars itch. The new movie trailers have only been inspiring disappointment in me. I'm bracing for "star wars, new trilogy 2: jar jar is looking pretty good now. "

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    I played BF3/4 on PC and never really had huge issues other then the server browser getting like 10 updates a day for the 1st week. That was annoying. I've played tons of both though so I can't wait for this.

• Options
    God, I suppressed those memories. Oh please have a real server browser and not some web-browser based garbage.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    As much as I generally dispise EA and everything they get their hands on, that cover is absolutely godlike. Now if only someone could photo shop the EA logos out id want one for my wall.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I'm hoping this scratches my star wars itch. The new movie trailers have only been inspiring disappointment in me. I'm bracing for "star wars, new trilogy 2: jar jar is looking pretty good now. "

What? I just don't get it.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    No way can this game disappoint me. Its just true.

I still go back and play Battlefront on my 360 from time to time and the graphics and gameplay are so outdated but who cares because I can wield a lightsaber or be a stormtrooper or get in an AT-AT or jump in an Xwing and dogfight and then board a Star Destroyer and blow it up.

Oh, wait, I take that back. If this game doesn't allow single player against bots I will probably be disappointed.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »

Edit: I just realised how great this year's going to end up for PC gaming. Pillars of Eternity, Homeworld Remastered, Cities Skylines, GTA V, Witcher 3, MGS V, Star Wars Battlefront, and we'll no doubt have more during the Christmas period. Crazy.

Don't forget Killing Floor 2, and Magicka 2 just this month and likely Gigantic (Which I highly recommend you guys check out if you don't know about it) in late summer.

• Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    8 minutes until the embargo breaks!

• Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Convergence is almost here. As DICE & Battlefield & Star Wars fan, this is it. The eclipse of fandom is upon me! In T-5 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brNTpnUR61g#t=2503

BranniganSepp on
  • Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    It's on! EA France already has the trailer on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsA0hpogJL4

BranniganSepp on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    This is coming to Xbox One, right?

Its just that everything I see has PS logo all over it

ObiFett on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    As an engine trailer, the game looks good. Graphics are really nice. I like how they had a keep increasing power like up the food chain kind of theme. I really wanted some firm gameplay with HUD, and stuff like that but I guess it's early to see UI. Pretty much I just want to see more now, so I guess that makes it a good teaser.

Also, I really hope the airstrike thing is not a tactical thing from CoD but instead players that you have to call in to help from the air.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    PS4, Xbox One, PC - no old gen consoles though... finally. Frostbite unshackled.

That photometric asset generation though, if it really looks that good in real time on humble current gen consoles - incredible!

BranniganSepp on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    From Game Informer:
    The demo shows off the advancements of DICE's Frostbite engine, and clearly illustrates what players can expect when the game launches on November 17 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Game informer first look

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    This is coming to Xbox One, right?

Its just that everything I see has PS logo all over it
    Available November 17, 2015 for PlayStation 4, XBOX ONE and on Origin for PC.

I was thinking the same thing, but I guess it is.

• Options
    Welp. Time to schedule some vacation time from Nov 17th till ...

actually it might be more prudent to just quit my job until a month or so after the Movie comes out.

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah that looked hot, looks like there will still be heroes in the game too which is cool. I have heard though no space battles though, makes me kinda sad

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    .... oooh yeah. That's the stuff.

I really like that not all of the (rebel at least) characters are human. There's the Sullustan, and I think there was a Rodian in there too.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Dixon wrote: »
    Yeah that looked hot, looks like there will still be heroes in the game too which is cool. I have heard though no space battles though, makes me kinda sad

I'm sure they'll add additional map packs and such in the future.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Everyone seems scared of space sims these days. It's like a taboo genre in the game dev world. Hoping that Star Citizen is amazing so we can see a resurgence in the genre. That might give devs like DICE the confidence they need to add space battles into Battlefront. Maybe they'll release a big expansion pack with space.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Fawst wrote: »

What? I just don't get it.
    Fail-crossguard, ball-bot, x-wing turbines splitting in half (because the force Space magic I guess), ugly abomination of a shuttle instead of the glorious lambda, and a main character that seems to be mouth breathing in every clip I've seen.

I have far higher expectations for Rogue One than I do for the Force Awakens.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Do not blaspheme the ballbot, for he is cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_K10fX9DSY

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    ...yeah, I'm calling Bullshot on those videos until somebody has actual hands-on with the game. I have a tough time believing that consoles can really pull off those visuals.

• Options
    Cute, but impractical

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14835-1417523441-8.gif

3DS Friend Code: