As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Walking Dead] episode 5 snuck up on us and now we're undead

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    I'd also like to point out that Kenny
    is the only other person who is suspicious of the farm in episode 2

Seriously what the hell people, do horror movies just not exist in this universe
    seeing as zombie movies didnt......

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Part of my reaction to the ending is that I identified with Lee in a way that I have never identified with an RPG character in my life. The choice system in this game really got me invested in a way that most games don't.

The other part of it is that I connected to Clementine more strongly than pretty much any game ever. I played this shortly after Bioshock Infinite, and I loved Elizabeth to bits, but god damn.

I'm going to buy 400 days so fast

And I cannot wait, cannot wait to see what these guys do with Fables

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    edited June 2013

Seriously what the hell people, do horror movies just not exist in this universe
    Lilly did too; she mentioned wanting to leave as soon as the group got food. There just wasn't much of an option to agree with her or comment on that.

When it came to the Kenny/Lilly struggle, I was pretty solidly on team Lilly until episode three and whelp. She didn't always have the answers and the stress got to her but she was a better leader than Kenny.

Whyther on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

seeing as zombie movies didnt......

This is probably my main complaint with the genre as a whole.

Just acknowledge it. Own it.

Anything else feels really dumb.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    The
    lack of ability to go "Hey you guys I think this farm is secretly fucked up" actually frustrated me quite a bit.

• Options
    Professor FuzzlesProfessor Fuzzles Not a furry, just sayin' FuzztopiaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I just can't wait for this but am I the only one that loved Lee and just sort of liked Clem? The ending broke me only because of Lee actions and not Clems. And my Lee was a dick some of the time.
    Ben...
    Ben i just gave was to many chances to but damn when he fell and Kenny off'd him I got feelings of sadness that that little waste of space did not deserve.
    Clem just didn't do what I damn well told her to, and though realistic just annoyed me too much.

Professor Fuzzles on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    so this is out in like a matter of hours

mark your spoilers etc

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    dehumanize yourself and face to the bloodshed.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    My choices made Kenny absolutely bipolar. One minute he'd be thanking me for always having his back, the next he'd be viciously cursing my existence.

Still an awesome character.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    just finished

hmm

impressions and choices
    so, as Vince, I shot Justin's leg
    as Wyatt I stayed in the car and left Eddie behind
    as Russell I left Nate, fuck that guy
    as Bonnie I was honest with Leland
    and as Shel I killed Stephanie

and Bonnie, Russell and Wyatt left the camp to be with the (presumably season 2) group, which is good because fuck Vince and Shel wasn't my favourite

I feel like what they're trying to do here is way more interesting in regards to Season 2 than it is as a stand-alone game, but I did appreciate how much it cut to the chase of the rough choices (Shel's gave me a real pause) and I liked the variety of both the characters and the situations

Bonnie was my favourite and I really hope I don't have to brutally kill her in Season 2, and I really want to know what was in the fucking bag

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    The best thing about Kenny is how his voice actor does basically the exact same character in World in Conflict. I grew similarly attached to him in that game, as well.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    So is this good or bad?

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »
    So is this good or bad?

it is pretty okay

but interesting is the best word

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    It doesn't really give you enough time to get to know any of the characters, so the decisions don't really have as much impact as they probably could have.

I like how the stories link together though, but I don't recall any links to stuff in the original episodes?

broken image link
  • Options
    It doesn't really give you enough time to get to know any of the characters, so the decisions don't really have as much impact as they probably could have.

I like how the stories link together though, but I don't recall any links to stuff in the original episodes?
    well, Vernon came up during Shel's segment, but that's all I really remember

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »

Several things came up, depending on your actions

The thing you mentioned, which is interesting because it means some of Shel's group
    Were the cancer patients

But, during Russell's story
    If you hid from the truck, the body you hid next to was whoever killed Carley if you left them behind along the road; it's the same road you took.

Also, in Shel's story (and Bonnies)
    Dee was the thief who raided their medical supplies. Roman mentions it while debating about the other guy who showed up, and Bonnie's story is the reason why they were down a flashlight, they didn't recover it after finding Dee's body in the cornfield.

• Options

The thing you mentioned, which is interesting because it means some of Shel's group
    Were the cancer patients

If you hid from the truck, the body you hid next to was whoever killed Carley if you left them behind along the road; it's the same road you took.

Dee was the thief who raided their medical supplies. Roman mentions it while debating about the other guy who showed up, and Bonnie's story is the reason why they were down a flashlight, they didn't recover it after finding Dee's body in the cornfield.

that second thing you mentioned just blew my mind

• Options
    The only thing I really disliked about this one was
    Shel's story
    You never get a chance to talk with Stephanie and understand her motivation for stealing the supplies and trying to escape. You can infer it, but it would have been nice to at least have a chance to talk to her.

All that said

I liked Bonnie and Wyatt's stories best.
    Also interesting is whether or not, based on the scenes in the credits, is if it was Nate chasing Wyatt and Eddie or someone else. I believe it was, since when I found the dying cop (also the bus driver in Vince's story) the truck had one headlight shot out, the same one I took out as Wyatt in the driving scene

• Options

Were the cancer patients

that second thing you mentioned just blew my mind

I was slightly wrong, after I just checked, because it was inconsistent with the comic
    I thought it was Lilly, but it was either Carley or Doug

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I fuckin' bought XBLA points before I noticed that it comes out tomorrow on the 360.

I am so goddamn tired of staggered launch dates.

• Options
    Nocren wrote: »
    I'm a little concerns about future walking dead stuff

I'm not sure how much the formula can be repeated before it gets old

Part of what makes season 1 so flooring is how unique it is, and I'm worried that as they make sequels it will eventually get less impactful to see your friends get killed off

That said, I'm willing to give these guys the benefit of the doubt and am definitely hopeful that they'll prove me wrong

I think the uniqueness is part of it, but the majority is the writing and how good it is.

Sure, but if future walking dead sequels are going to be basically the same thing, "small group of survivors deteriorates due to the stress of life in the zombie apocalypse," I don't know how long that can stay interesting even if its well executed.

Having met Vanaman and some of the other writers, I really doubt that you've seen the limit of the format with Season 1.

• Options
    I had to stop reading the comics around the tail end of their stint at the prison because it just kept getting darker and more bleak.

Did it improve at all?

I definitely think there's more that can be explored with Season 2, with either more interpersonal drama, or some interesting takes on the walkers. We haven't even really seen a horde in-game yet.

• Options
    I just hope Whitta is kept at arm's length. Episode 4 was too heavy-handed for my taste.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Did it improve at all?
    it literally only got worse

• Options
    Could I ask a favour from the thread? I got the game on Steam so I could play 400 Days with my gf tonight, but the save files from Season 1 are on my Xbox. Could someone jaunt into their My Documents folder and send me their completed Season 1 save files?

<3 and smooches

• Options
    What's the filepath to it? I'll shoot you a link in a minute

• Options
    BWOMP

I tried to make the best decisions I could, and there should be saves from various points in the game if you wanted to go back through. Also some 400 Days saves.

• Options
    You're a peach, Dan. A peach.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I liked this a whole lot, but I feel like mine and everyone else's perceptions of this DLC will be extremely colored by how Season 2 turns out

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    For those worried about keeping things fresh, there's so much more that can be done with the formula than what was in the first 'season.' 400 Days is proof enough of that.

• Options
    That was so good.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    How much time am I going to need to do this in one sitting?

• Options
    Darric wrote: »

Like an hour and a half, 2 hours

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Darric wrote: »

Like an hour and a half, 2 hours

Yeah, about 2 hours, even if you immediately go back and re-play it to see how different choices change things.

• Options
  • Options
    SkylarkSkylark o7 Vile Rat o7 o7 Photon Torpedo o7Registered User regular
    Non-spoiler impressions after the first hour or so:
    Excellent writing, as expected.
    However, surprisingly shitty dialogue.

• Options
  • Options
    Skylark wrote: »

You just said two opposite things to both be true

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SkylarkSkylark o7 Vile Rat o7 o7 Photon Torpedo o7Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Skylark wrote: »

You just said two opposite things to both be true
    Right, because dialogue is the only thing a writer does.