As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Last of] Us Gamers

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I have an old fat model from 2007 and I did get the hilarious frozen paper puppet on a stick glitch briefly at the start of the game when Joel and Tess are walking towards the town security gate, but that's it.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    The
    giraffe

scene glitched for me, too.

Ending spoilers:
    I think that the whole ending comes down to whether you think the ends justify the means. Joel obviously doesn't, but I do think that essentially becoming a father again played a bigger part in his decision to go absolutely apeshit and kill everybody on his way to saving her/sneak past the guards and get her out of there/whatever. Still, I couldn't help shake the feeling that he (Joel) did think that they were trying to rationalize it by pretending it was high-minded when really it was selfish and primarily decided for their own survival. Or at least, that's my opinion on what they were doing. Even if they pulled the thing out of her, there was still no absolute guarantee they'd be able to make a cure from what they took, and even if they made a cure there was no guarantee that they'd be able to distribute it over what was left of humanity, and then there was no guarantee that the cordyceps wouldn't mutate and still affect people, or that the vast numbers of infected wouldn't still be fatal to humankind in the long run or that humans still couldn't stop fighting long enough to rebuild society, or any number of things. No; the decision didn't just come down to killing one girl/killing everyone, and that's how I choose to support my Joel's berserk rampage through the Fireflies to keep them from having his little girl killed a second time.

• Options
    HalibutHalibut Passion Fish Swimming in obscurity.Registered User regular
    Just got through Bill's town on survival. Looking forward to the rest of the game where the proportion of infected to humans is a little more to my liking.

I discovered that enemies are more likely to drop items if you use up all your ammo. Makes the infected parts way saner, especially the ones you can't sneak through.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Halibut wrote: »
    Just got through Bill's town on survival. Looking forward to the rest of the game where the proportion of infected to humans is a little more to my liking.

I discovered that enemies are more likely to drop items if you use up all your ammo. Makes the infected parts way saner, especially the ones you can't sneak through.

i'm not sure if this was fluke or what, but i got good drop rates from a combo: bullet + melee smash, or bottle + bullet. if you use that sort of tactic continually you can get a decent net ammunition profit

note that more often than not 'tactics' will still be running around in circles flailing wildly and then dying

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Felt like such a badass when

Spring spoilers
    I got to the tunnel just before the hospital, the one with Runners and Clickers and Bloaters all over. Was able to sneak past all of them, except for 3 Runners on a catwalk that wouldn't move out of the way so I flame broiled them.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Felt like such a badass when

Spring spoilers
    I got to the tunnel just before the hospital, the one with Runners and Clickers and Bloaters all over. Was able to sneak past all of them, except for 3 Runners on a catwalk that wouldn't move out of the way so I flame broiled them.

That's how I did it, too, although I just used the bow because, hey, bow. Pretty much the only time I ever felt that I completely aced a stealth section.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    during the high school i had one weird glitch where one of the walls would flicker in and out of existence and behind it was a screaming red hell of light

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    there are a bunch of weird graphical glitches

you could tell they were pushing this hardware about as far as it could go

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular

Yeah, makes me wish for a PC/PS4 version to see it in glorious 1080p

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    I keep forgetting that the PS3 outputs 720p for these sorts of games.

It just looks so good.

• Options
    i am playing on the multiplayaz today

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular

yeah i pretty much had a lot of weird textures popping in and out or just doing crazy things in every area

unfortunate, but oh well

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Ending spoilers:
    I think that the whole ending comes down to whether you think the ends justify the means. Joel obviously doesn't, but I do think that essentially becoming a father again played a bigger part in his decision to go absolutely apeshit and kill everybody on his way to saving her/sneak past the guards and get her out of there/whatever. Still, I couldn't help shake the feeling that he (Joel) did think that they were trying to rationalize it by pretending it was high-minded when really it was selfish and primarily decided for their own survival. Or at least, that's my opinion on what they were doing. Even if they pulled the thing out of her, there was still no absolute guarantee they'd be able to make a cure from what they took, and even if they made a cure there was no guarantee that they'd be able to distribute it over what was left of humanity, and then there was no guarantee that the cordyceps wouldn't mutate and still affect people, or that the vast numbers of infected wouldn't still be fatal to humankind in the long run or that humans still couldn't stop fighting long enough to rebuild society, or any number of things. No; the decision didn't just come down to killing one girl/killing everyone, and that's how I choose to support my Joel's berserk rampage through the Fireflies to keep them from having his little girl killed a second time.

I love everyone's slightly different motivations/rationalisations for their actions at the end.

Also
    I tried to sneak past most of the fireflies at the end as I didn't think they all deserved death, just about managed to spare all of them til that last corridor when you think you've got past them all and two guys pop up like "Hiiii!" from behind a barricade. So it was bomb time.

• Options
    Ending spoilers:

I love everyone's slightly different motivations/rationalisations for their actions at the end.

Also
    I tried to sneak past most of the fireflies at the end as I didn't think they all deserved death, just about managed to spare all of them til that last corridor when you think you've got past them all and two guys pop up like "Hiiii!" from behind a barricade. So it was bomb time.

My immersion was broken a little at that part because they all looked like meerkats when they heard my bottle smash down the hallway and it was hilarious.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Holy shit summer is loooong. I thought for sure I could get through it today. Couldn't do it.

The more I play this game, the more I feel like it's a pretty on-the-nose deconstruction of survival horror. The entire hotel pretty much felt like a straight homage to Silent Hill 2 to me.

sig.gif
  • Options
    GideonGideon Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Finished this game earlier today and... wow. It might be perfect.

I can't think of another game where the gameplay has worked so well with the atmosphere and story and theme and shit I'm gushing.

I am not good at videogames and I played this on hard, battling and struggling and dying oh my god so many times and it was WONDERFUL. I was tense, I was panicking, I never had enough items. Surviving was almost impossible but I did it, I did it, I worked out how.

Gideon on
  • Options
    I do wish I'd gone hard first time through.

• Options
    HalibutHalibut Passion Fish Swimming in obscurity.Registered User regular
    I do wish I'd gone hard first time through.

Me too. I went through on normal, and by the midway point in the game, I had maxed out my inventory. It was an ambarassment of riches.

Playing through on survival now, and every encounter ends with me at a quarter health and 2 bullets. If I find supplies, it's like winning the lottery. I just got through Bill's town, and I think I've crafted 3 shivs (2 for doors), 2 med kits, and a single Molotov.

It's awesome.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Let me tell you, there is nothing like getting to do it hard on the very first time.

I mean, doing it normal is fine, I suppose, but you never feel truly satisfied pulling it off as when you do it hard.

I realize it's a challenge and a little bit exhausting, but by the end you'll thank yourself for really giving it your all.

Just make sure you have enough stamina, and hang in there until the end.

Oh, and then play The Last of Us when you're done.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Finished... That ending was... Surprising I guess.

I understand why it happened but I very much disagree with it.

Also, completely snuck by the last encounter like a boss.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    That ending was

Completely in keeping with what I knew of the characters involved

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2013
    Finished on Survivor last night. You get so few supplies and ammo, somewhere halfway through the game I started taking a shot every time I opened a drawer, cupboard or locker to find it empty, and I had to stop playing that night because I got way too drunk.

There were only a few parts where I really missed having Joel's listening mechanic but, for the most part, you should adapt to its absence pretty quickly and just learn to work the camera angles better.

Summer spoilers?
    The part that inexplicably gave me the most trouble, by far, was crashing the gate at night to get to the bridge. Those guys must have killed me 15-20 times. I didn't remember having nearly that much trouble on Normal. It almost drove me nuts.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Congrats, Larlar!

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    I started my 2nd playthrough a couple days ago, this time on Hard. Maybe I should have tried Survivor because I'm blowing through the first part quite easily! During my first run, I sneak-walked pretty much everywhere and tried to explore as much as possible, which ate up a lot of time. I'm also trying to break the habit of having to kill every baddie I come across.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJVgzGD-04U

may listen to this on repeat for the rest of the day

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Me and two buddies played Survivors last night all together all with voice and I can now confirm three things

1) This game has dope nast multiplayer
    2) Survivors is the DOPEST DOPE DOPE DOPEY DOPERTON multiplayer
    3) playing with a (almost) full group of people makes it soooo much fun holy hot damn we had some bananas games last night

• Options
    Yo survivors is everything I wanted Search and Destroy on COD to be (i hate that stupid bomb)

I only have like, 1 person i've played with on TLOU so far, and when we roll together, we ruin enemy teams

but doing a solo q on survivor....that way lies madness

• Options
    I just finished this

Man

Man
    That whole ending one quote from earlier kept ringing in my ear; "We're shitty people, Joel. It's been that way for a long time."

"No, we are survivors."

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    T4CT wrote: »
    Me and two buddies played Survivors last night all together all with voice and I can now confirm three things

1) This game has dope nast multiplayer
    2) Survivors is the DOPEST DOPE DOPE DOPEY DOPERTON multiplayer
    3) playing with a (almost) full group of people makes it soooo much fun holy hot damn we had some bananas games last night

Send me a text or something the next time you play if you need a fourth, I'll see if I can make it.

I need to get through those bloody campaigns sooner or later and it's way more fun with non-randoms.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    SAMESIES

well, a tweet or whatever

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    so there's this game

it's like, when people talk about the best hypothetical zombie game

they're talking about this game

third person stealth/action, you run a crew of survivors, have to scavenge for food and meds and ammo and shit, maintain a base of operations

big open world towns and farmland and etc

many fine adventures.

currently it's just on Xbox arcade, but they're planning a PC release, and the whole thing is a big concept test for the next game they want to work on

which is all the stuff I just mentioned, but as an MMO

oh also it's called State of Decay

Depressperado on
  • Options
    Yeah, my brother was telling me about it yesterday on Facebook after I mentioned I finished 400 Days.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I just moved my group into this big warehouse in one of the towns, and spent like, 45 minutes placing my workshop/infirmary and working up the nerve to deal with an infestation next door.

I hate infestations, so muchhhh

• Options
    I think I'll give it a shot tonight.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    i am on the 11th week in my second multiplayer campaign

i need two executions to get through this mission with survivors and i didn't get any on day one

i don't know why, i guess i just start fucking up when something's on the line

edit: i could get it easy if i switched over to supply raid but i've been doing this whole campaign on survivors and it doesn't seem right to change now

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    so there's this game

it's like, when people talk about the best hypothetical zombie game

they're talking about this game

third person stealth/action, you run a crew of survivors, have to scavenge for food and meds and ammo and shit, maintain a base of operations

big open world towns and farmland and etc

many fine adventures.

currently it's just on Xbox arcade, but they're planning a PC release, and the whole thing is a big concept test for the next game they want to work on

which is all the stuff I just mentioned, but as an MMO

oh also it's called State of Decay

Oh hey some of my buddies worked on that!

Yeah it is super neat and everyone should play it.

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    bsjezz wrote: »
    i am on the 11th week in my second multiplayer campaign

i need two executions to get through this mission with survivors and i didn't get any on day one

i don't know why, i guess i just start fucking up when something's on the line

edit: i could get it easy if i switched over to supply raid but i've been doing this whole campaign on survivors and it doesn't seem right to change now

I got to Week 12 and had a -100% population mission, but I accidentally chose headshots. I'm terrible at headshots, so I geared my guy especially for it ... I was one short on week 12 day 7. :(

Darric on
  • Options
    you chose headshots?

i'm so sorry

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    It was an accident!

Darric on
  • Options
    10-8-0 Survivor round just now. Felt so good.