As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can't Believe I'm Already Starting This [2016 Elections] Thread...

a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
edited June 2013 in Debate and/or Discourse
Jesus fucking Christ

Claire McCaskill endorses Hillary Clinton for 2016

God Damnit. Nearly 3.5 years before the election, 2.5 years before the primaries get going.

I guess we'll make this a clearinghouse for discussion on the far too fucking early discussions about 2016 news and "news".

Other Democratic potentials:
Joe Motherfuckin' Biden
(Young Man TBD, you guys probably know this better than me)

Rumored Republicans:
Chris Christie
Paul Ryan
Rand Paul?
A Bush of some stripe?
Bachmann will probably try again?

a5ehren on

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    please no

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Da fuck the inauguration wasn't even six months ago I fucking hate you politics Christ.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Its like when WalMart puts out the Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    RON PAUL!!!!

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    4QuK3Jp.png

Hillary Clinton/Mark Warner: 277
    Rand Paul/Scott Walker: 261

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Its like when WalMart puts out the Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving Labor Day.

Edit: where is that map from? Is that a 538 projection?

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2013

It's more like when WalMart puts out the Christmas decorations before New Years. This is literally a thing people were talking about the day after the 2012 election.

I sort of want to have Geth turn this thread into an autoban trap, because everyone who posts in here is a terrible person who contributes to the stupidity of this problem. Including me. I am awful, and fuck me right in the ass.

edit: It seems Geth is in favor of banning everyone. No, Geth, I was just kidding. Stop staring at me, Geth.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Its like when WalMart puts out the Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving Labor Day.

Edit: where is that map from? Is that a 538 projection?

It's a map I pulled completely out of my ass because we have absolutely no way of figuring out what happens in 2016.

Hell, maybe I should've made Illinois red because Chicago fell into a sinkhole in 2014 and now the state is dominated by the rural half. Or I should've made Alabama blue because in 2015 there was a major religious awakening amongst black and Hispanic Americans and a couple million moved into the state. Who the hell knows.

Speculating about 2016 is really really premature.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »

It's more like when WalMart puts out the Christmas decorations before New Years. This is literally a thing people were talking about the day after the 2012 election.

I sort of want to have Geth turn this thread into an autoban trap, because everyone who posts in here is a terrible person who contributes to the stupidity of this problem. Including me. I am awful, and fuck me right in the ass.

edit: It seems Geth is in favor of banning everyone. No, Geth, I was just kidding. Stop staring at me, Geth.

Can we have a moratorium on 2016 threads until after the 2014 elections?

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options

I tried my best to spin it Onion-style, which I obviously don't have the talent to pull off. I just saw the McCaskill headline in my Twitter feed this morning and it made me so angry, but we can't do link+discuss OPs, and I didn't want to clog up the Obama thread, etc.

Feel free to close it if you like.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Y'all can have whatever stupid-ass threads you want to, as long as they stay on-topic and don't adversely affect the rest of the forum. You want to discuss the 2056 presidential election between Malia Obama and an Aibo powered by the left half of Rand Paul's brain, you knock yourself right the fuck out.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    That thread sounds way better. I should've made that one!

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Y'all can have whatever stupid-ass threads you want to, as long as they stay on-topic and don't adversely affect the rest of the forum. You want to discuss the 2056 presidential election between Malia Obama and an Aibo powered by the left half of Rand Paul's brain, you knock yourself right the fuck out.

Never let it be said that our mods are unwilling to give us enough rope to hang ourselves with.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular

I am not exaggerating: During the 2004 inauguration "pre-show", CNN went down an aisle in the crowd asking people if they were going to be running in 2008. (I specifically remember them asking one politician, getting the stock answer, taking two steps and asking another person).

And more on topic: No way Hilary can win, Obama's plummeting poll numbers will sink her and anyone else who has been in the same state as a Kenyan sociacommunist.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Jesus fucking Christ

Claire McCaskill endorses Hillary Clinton for 2016

God Damnit. Nearly 3.5 years before the election, 2.5 years before the primaries get going.

I see Hillary has found a foolproof plan involving superdelegates.
    I am so sorry for actually making a semi-serious comment.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish