As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Futurama - New episodes airing now

13»

• Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    Knowing Futurama, they spliced the Patrick Stewart gene with a little bit of Keanu Reeves.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    That's not genetics! Everyone knows Keanu is a vampire.

• Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    Great closing episode. If you think there's only one good episode in the last two seasons I think the best explanation is that you're older and crankier because there are some great ones. Bender's folk-singing episode this season was just straight up better than Bendin' in the Wind. All the President's Heads, Viva Mars Vegas, Assie Come Home, 2-D blacktop, The Inhuman Torch, That Darn Katz and Mobius Dick are all just great. Law and Oracle and the Prisoner of Benda are IMO contenders for the best episode of Futurama period.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Black top was good until they decided to ditch the parody for another parody that they had to explain everything for

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    Great closing episode. If you think there's only one good episode in the last two seasons I think the best explanation is that you're older and crankier because there are some great ones. Bender's folk-singing episode this season was just straight up better than Bendin' in the Wind. All the President's Heads, Viva Mars Vegas, Assie Come Home, 2-D blacktop, The Inhuman Torch, That Darn Katz and Mobius Dick are all just great. Law and Oracle and the Prisoner of Benda are IMO contenders for the best episode of Futurama period.

THe Late Philip J Fry?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular

THe Late Philip J Fry?

Still my favorite episode of all time.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    The last two seasons haven't really been standouts for me, but there were some quite good episodes and I'm pretty happy with the finale.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Well I guess by last season I meant the first half of this one. I thought these were just 13 episode seasons and not a 26 episode one split in two.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    The Thing parody episode was the best one this half season (and one of the best overall, imo), the complaint is still strange.

• Options

THe Late Philip J Fry?

Not an all-inclusive list; yeah that's a great one too.

In the last episode I noticed a lot of Season 1 callbacks.
    The obvious one with Luna Park from The Series has Landed
    Bender and Fry in the small robot apartment from I, Roomate
    Bender and Fry taking and playing with one of the Professor's Gadgets from Fry and the Slurm Factory (the F-ray)

They also had Fry falling off a building and Leela saving him from early in Season 2 (Xmas Story)

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The Thing parody episode was the best one this half season (and one of the best overall, imo), the complaint is still strange.

Its even weirder since casual murder occurs hundreds of times in the series and this might be the sole time it was justified

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    The katz episode needs to be set on fire. I mean there are low point episodes, but I enjoy them all (even that zoidberg one apparently everyone hates), except the cat episode.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    I enjoyed the cat episode. Maybe there is something wrong with me. The eye-phone episode, now there is one that needs to be set on fire. Not only is it a bad episode, but it also spawned the "Shut up and take my money" meme.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    "It's a dog puppet adapted for use by a cat!" I nearly died of laughter on that line. And "my best friend died in that uniform."

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Cokomon wrote: »
    I enjoyed the cat episode. Maybe there is something wrong with me. The eye-phone episode, now there is one that needs to be set on fire. Not only is it a bad episode, but it also spawned the "Shut up and take my money" meme.

The "Susan Boil" part of that episode (that's the right episode, right?) is pretty shockingly untimely and everything, but there are some amusing parts in that. Especially the part you cited as a complaint, that is a goosey complaint. "Humorless copycats took a very successful gag and overused it to the point of annoyance, therefore the original, funny gag shouldn't have happened."

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Eh, I enjoyed 'Eye-Phone' far more than 'Cat Takeover'--simply because hipsters freaking out about a phone (and a touch of corporate strongarming from the hipster's favorite corporation) feels far more relevant than cats being jerks.

Which is not to say that cats aren't jerks.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Can we change the thread title to "Old Episodes Now Airing"?

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Eh, I enjoyed 'Eye-Phone' far more than 'Cat Takeover'--simply because hipsters freaking out about a phone (and a touch of corporate strongarming from the hipster's favorite corporation) feels far more relevant than cats being jerks.

Which is not to say that cats aren't jerks.

I loved Eye-Phone because it's a Mom episode. I loved Cat Takeover because I have a masters and had to defend my thesis.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I like the cat episode just for Professor Shpeekenshpell's "The horse says doctorate denied."

It's a terrible episode, but that was an obvious but still funny joke.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I enjoyed the cat one :P Honestly, only part of it I didn't really like was the weird, random thing where they all did a Hamster Dance or something. I guess that was a reference (to hamster dance maybe?) but it was really off-the-wall.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    For those of you who didn't catch the news in the Fox thread, the Simpsons/Futurama crossover, which might be the last Futurama material we'll ever get (possibly), airs Nov. 9.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293