As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

UT2k4 Onslaught Solo Team

coolpcoolp Registered User regular
edited August 2004 in PAX Archive
Hey, I know there's a bunch of people out there going solo, and I know that I want to play in the ONS tourny anyways, and maybe others out there do too. If you do want to play, please post your MSN or Xfire here so I can get in touch with you, once we have enough people we should play together a few times to work out some basic strategies. Later =)

sig.php?tag=coolp1
coolp on

• TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    What makes you think there will be an ONS tourney? A leading LANwerx spokesperson says there may not be any UT because of a lack of copies.

TrainwreckX on
  • coolpcoolp Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I must've missed that, it was just that in the PC tourney thread the entire 2nd day is dedicated to UT2k4.

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1
  • TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Fallout is running all the tournaments and he has said over and over that he doubts he will get enough copies to run an official tournament for it. Now if they wanna dedicate all their time in the LAN area to playing the game for fun, thats different. I know him personally though, so unless a miracle happens, or he runs an impromptu tourney on the BYOC stuff, than I doubt it.

TrainwreckX on
  • FallFall Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    The PC tournaments have all changed completely since the last update from the previous tournament organizer. I've been asked to handle the PC tournaments by Robert of PAX recently. I have sent in the rules and schedule for events Monday night and am awaiting an official response before I announce specifics here.

Unfortunately, it seems unlikely that Unreal Tournament 2004 will be a tournament at PAX. I'm a big fan of the game and know many of people attending the event are as well, but Lanwerx (the company providing the systems) only owns a handful of copies of the game. This means that we couldn't manage a reasonably sized tournament for the game without messing up the schedule of the whole event.

I'm sorry for the lack of information up until this point, but I'll make sure once I get things approved I'll respond to all questions, suggestions, or complaints to ensure everything runs smoothly.

Fall on
    edited August 2004
    Damn... PAX is sounding a lot less interesting now, cause that's the only pc game I really play =/ Is it at all possible to get Epic or Atari to "donate" copies? Or even EB or some other retailer? This is gonna sound mean, but what was the other guy doing this whole time if he didn't even realize that there weren't going to be enough copies for the game he was basing half the tournys around?

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1
  • BLE|EnderBLE|Ender Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Good hell, how many copies exactly does Lanwerx need? I may buy the necessary amount for them so there can be a UT tourny. I mean seriously, I've already said it but it's still stupid to have all the matches played on their machines...what, they can upgrade their machines to nifty hardware but can't afford a few copies of a popular game????

BLE|Ender on
    edited August 2004
    BLE|Ender wrote:
    Good hell, how many copies exactly does Lanwerx need? I may buy the necessary amount for them so there can be a UT tourny. I mean seriously, I've already said it but it's still stupid to have all the matches played on their machines...what, they can upgrade their machines to nifty hardware but can't afford a few copies of a popular game????

Well, said, I mean,n they are going to have to buy the games eventually (or just have a gaping hole in their game library), so why not do it when 500 people are counting on them?

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1
  • morosemorose Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    $40 x 40 machines = $1600. Go nuts man, I'm sure it would be appreciated. ;)

morose on