As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Apocalypse World] The Fleet

18910111214»

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    ---
    So can multiple people try to read the sitch? I'm not too sure what else to do right now... doesn't sound like there are people to shoot or anything.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    ---
    Sorry guys, it's been one of those weeks where I pretty much just keel over once I get home from work.
    @OminousLozenge Multiple people certainly can (especially since Jackson botched it), but I was also holding off to see @The Everyman 's response to my green question- since something bad's about to happen...

If both of you want to hold off your 'turns' until that presents itself, hit me with a !pass.

• Options
    ---
    !pass

• Options
    The EverymanThe Everyman Registered User regular
    Garber
    The limo blows and something crawls out. Sleek like a hound, but with too many legs, spider-like and spindly and razor thin. Thing's got a maw, churning with hundreds of shining metal teeth, all grinding together with sparks flying through the air like an arc welder.

---

I'm gonna !pass too.

To be honest, I'm having trouble thinking up what Garber should be doing. I've kinda lost track of exactly what's been going on during this fight.

• Options
    Jackson, you extrude your senses through your new exoskeleton, only to find the thing has other ideas. You feel it sniff silently at the air and catch the faint whiff of chaos and death- but not on the ramp. It's swivels on shining legs, turning to face the entrance, looking past the awe-struck ambushers and beyond to G-Mega. All you see from this distance is tracers and flame, but the thing focuses on that faraway battle.

It lurches forward on 8 spindly limbs, bounding of it's own accord. You've still some control over it's actions before you need to exert your will again. What do you do?

-

Garber and Tai, you watch the thing bound towards the Goodcogs, worried for a moment that it's attacking. They seem to have the same idea, but their panicked shots are wide as it leaps over the trucks and out into the desert air. Grille takes a swipe as it flies a couple metres overhead and hollers at the rest of the cogs to roll out and chase the thing.

They start to evacuate the cramped ramp and pile into their armoured trucks. They leave several things in their wake: the seccers, mostly wounded or dying; the burst-outward wreck of Coal's SUV-limo; a handful of Kid corpses; and all sense of tactics. Maybe you've got time to pile in after them, but you'd be leaving your own decorum behind (not to mention the Tes-lash). What're you both doing?

---
    @Boozer The thing's headed straight for G-Mega's siege, so you can wait until you get there to use that last hold or use it to redirect to somewhere else.

@OminousLozenge @The Everyman there are several things at play here. The ramp (and therefore Q-mega itself) isn't confirmed as cleared- seems most of the Kids are dead and there's no more fighting, but they're a slippery bunch. Then again you did fuck them up pretty bad, so you could just head straight for the G-mega with the Goodcogs.

Speaking of, how do you want to approach that fight? If you rush in with the Goodcogs you'll have the advantage of speed and armoured transport, but you'll have to leave the Teslash behind if you can't get them to wait for it to be lugged down the ramp. Of course, you could always just ride Q-Mega itself over there and lend it's arms to the fight. The seccers still on board may need some convincing though...

• Options
    Tai

"Garber, go! I got this," I shout as I rush to get the attention of the least fucked up Seccers.

"Hey, hey! Look, we gotta get yer friends patched an' ready ta move - we need this roller's guns, guys. I'll cover ya, but ya gotta get yer people in gear an' .. you, yeah, you help with ma baby." I call out instructions and head back to the Tes-Lash to get it ready for transport. Little guy's all done for the mo'.

---
    OOC: So I'm promising them cover while they regroup in exchange for their assistance getting mobilized to commandeer the Mega's weaponry. Is that cool?
    ---
    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Manipulate

Manipulate:
    2d6+1 9 [2d6=6, 2]

• Options
    BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Jackson

Dividing my attention between the Thing and the worm is proving dangerous. The Thing's appetite for destruction has only been whetted. I must ensure it stays focused on the army of Coal.

---

OOC:

I'll wait until I get to the siege to use the last hold. Can I attune to the orb again after that?

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Options
    ---
    @The Everyman Next post is going up tomorrow, so get in before then!

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Those that are able stagger after you, Tai, but it ain't many. Of the seccers that followed Figg's lead, only five are left standing (let alone living) and Figg's not one of them. Still, they've seen what the tatters are trying to do out there at the G-mega. They'll follow you sure enough.

Follow where, though? You could head straight for the cockpit, but the driver's might not let you past that big ol' mag door. Only ranking seccers have emergency access rights- unfortunately the only ranking seccer left is York. Question is, will it be easier to talk that big lug round than to sweet talk a metal bulkhead? Time's ticking savvy. What do you do?

-

The candle of light becomes a bonfire as the thing's eight limbs launch you both toward the siege, Jackson. It's 'senses' seem to magnify the cacophony of the battle, rather than blunt the din, but you can still make out the flashpoints. Over to your left the tatters are making a concerted effort to scale the 'walls' of the mega, presumably so they can access the ramp controls and get their trucks inside, and it's all trafcon can do to keep them back. To your right a couple of Goodcog vehicles have gotten snared, the dim silhouettes of tatters clambering over their armoured frames ready to blow them open.

The thing seems to be aiming for the epicentre of the carnage where Goodcogs, tatters and even a few of the Mega's outriders are swirling in a deadly whirlpool of cars and trucks. In such a tight scrum the suit could do some serious damage- and just as much friendly fire too. What do you do?

---

@OminousLozenge It'll take a couple of seccers to lug the teslash around, so if you don't mind two of them lagging behind then you can place it wherever you like.

@Boozer If you spend your last hold to get to either of the other flashpoints you'll have to take a moment to regain control of the suit. If you spend the hold wreaking havoc you'll have to act under pressure not to mess up your buddies- unless you don't care...

In fact, if you wreak wanton destruction without care for your supposed allies you get +1 hold over the thing. Otherwise you'll have to regain control once you've attacked.

Grog on
  • Options
    ---
    I'm confused. What Mega are we on? I thought we were on G-Mega. My plan was to hijack G-Mega's gun turrets on whatever side was facing the fight, maybe impress upon G-Mega's TraffKon peeps the direness of the sitch. Aren't the tatters raiding Q-Mega, with Jackson-spider somewhere in that mess? I thought I was still on G, but I can roll with whatever you had in mind. Just let me know where I am now :)

• Options
    Jackson

My mind dances as I try and elude the mindworm while keeping control of the thing. The effort sets my teeth on edge, and soon the thing and I are roaring in unison. I briefly consider directing us to the more strategic flashpoints, but the chaos is too tempting. Let the havoc we create draw our enemies to us.

We dive into the center, our limbs flashing death. I remember only moments before it is too late that not all within our grasp are meant to die. Tatboys are speared and fed into our maw, while our allies are covered in gore and the filth of their own fear.

---
    OOC:

I'll spend the last hold to wreak havoc in the scrum.

Geth roll 2d6+3 to Act Under Fire to avoid killing allies in the scrum
    (3/5XP)

Geth roll 2d6+3 to Attune to the Orb
    Don't ignore the mindworm.

OmLoz - Our ambush of Coal and her small crew was on Qmega, but the bulk of her army hit Gmega. That was the lure for her, thinking Qmega was an easy mark for a small crew. The Thing was attracted to the Gmega siege because the Qmega action was winding down.

to Act Under Fire to avoid killing allies in the scrum:
    2d6+3 8 [2d6=4, 1]
    to Attune to the Orb:
    2d6+3 10 [2d6=5, 2]

• Options
    ---
    Weird. I could have sworn the fight was on G, because it was the only Mega with actual roads in it for vehicle traffic. Unless I have the letters wrong? I thought G was for Garage, but maybe it was for Government.

• Options
    ---
    @OminousLozenge G-mega = Garage Mega, Q-mega = Quarry Mega. As Boozer said above, the ambush happened on Q-mega (where you are now) and the tatters' main force is currently attacking G-mega.

Honestly, with the christmas pause and the similar looking letters I'm surprised I haven't gotten things mixed up.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Tai

I lead the Seccers to York's office. "Hey guys, York's this way, right? Gotta get him ta let us in so we can help G-Mega. They go down, lotta peeps gonna be fucked but good!"

'Round the corner, there he is. "York! York! G's in trouble. We gotta get our guns aimed at 'er attackers, man. NOW!" Eyes go glazey. I can see the Maelstrom 'croaching in... things is way chaotic now, only gonna get worse without we shoot Coal's fuckers. York's barely registered what I said. Fuckin' guy's more ape than man. He gotta be made ta get it, pronto. No time fer wastin'. I grab his shoulder, move him toward the cockpit. "Time's wastin, man! Move it, move it!"

---
    Okay, thanks for clarifying! Now, to propel this bitch forward :)
    E: I'm so screwed.

Geth, roll 2d6+2 to Seize York's Cooperation by Force
    (1/5 XP)

to Seize York's Cooperation by Force:
    2d6+2 5 [2d6=1, 2]

OminousLozenge on
  • Options
    You turn to lead him down the corridor, but find yourself face to face with a badge that reads 'eugeot' on an armoured chest. The seccer- shit, what was their name?- places a hand on your shoulder like they're about to tell you your dog's died or some shit. "Tai... they're goners. We're not like those crazy fuckers that Garber's with, we ain't gonna throw ourselves into a fight we don't need."

The other seccers, bloodied and battered, nod in agreement and (those for whom it's not too painful) fold their arms. "The Q's our home- we don't give a shit what happens to that swarm-pit." York pipes up, apparently better at reading a crowd than you are. "Now are you gonna play nice or're we gonna need to pacify?" That word rings like a faraway shriek- you're not sure if the sound's in your head or some echo from the siege. What do you do?

-

Like a discerning devourer, the suit upends a black striped pickup and flattens it's passengers into paste. In one fluid movement it carves through the vehicle and steps toward the closest truck careening by. With all the unfiltered light and sound, you only realise at the last second that the new target carries Goodcogs. Your will halts the thing's lunge before it can leap.

Suddenly static in the swirling chaos, it's not surprising that you're hit- but maybe you're surprised that it's one of Garber's people. An armour plated van slams into the suit and you glimpse a young woman firing wild from it's roof. Did you ever meet Grille, Jackson? She barely seems to notice the chrome beast amidst the fighting, hollering commands as the van rams another tatter truck. At least the pause gives you time to tighten the thing's leash a little- but that won't last long. What do you do?

---

@OminousLozenge Did you send two seccers off with the Teslash? This may be pertinent, depending on how things go down.
    @Boozer That's 3 hold, but you've gotta make a harm roll for the suit at +2
    @The Everyman You've still got time to hop back in before the fight's over.

• Options
    Tai

I inhale like I'm 'bout ta give Smokey Moe a piece'a my mind, but then the wind goes outta my sails. "But... they're our people." Ah hell, suddenly I'm so damn tired. I shrug off the hand, but there's no fire in the gesture. "Awright, c'mon. Let's get my baby back to the shop, then lessee 'bout patchin' up the recoverables."

Wrong move, man. Wrong move. Might be some kinna way ta help, even if not so direct-like. But I need a minute, gotta regroup. I trudge behind the guys luggin' the 'Lash, mullin'. I mumble to m'self, "What do I do now?" But I don't think the folk I'm shamblin' with get who I'm askin'...

---
    Nah, I had them with me. Too tightly focused on the task ahead and didn't think to have them peel off to drop off the Tes-lash. I expect that'll cost some precious minutes.

Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Maelstrom, guide me!
    (2/5 XP)

Maelstrom, guide me!:
    2d6+3 14 [2d6=5, 6]

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Jackson

We roar again, this time at the unknown woman. "Watch yourself female, lest our taste become less discerning. We fight for the Fleet as well." Our warning cuts through the chaos of the fighting.

As if to make our point, we leap to the G-mega. We clamber over its walls easily, picking off the pests that cling to its sides.

---
    OOC:

I take it I can't use one hold to ignore this harm, since I got it from the act under fire roll.

Geth roll 2d6+2 for harm to the thing

I'll use one hold to get to the flashpoint on the G-mega walls. I'll use another hold to mess up the tat-boys trying to scale the walls.

Let me know if I need another roll to avoid friendly fire.

harm to the thing:
    2d6+2 9 [2d6=6, 1]

Boozer on
  • Options
    The thing drinks in the terror that chokes the air around it, wafting from both the dying tatters and the onlooking defenders. Your warning may have cut through the din, Jackson, but you're not sure how distorted the suit's 'voice' is. That or they don't quite trust a giant chrome spider-dog.

Something else cuts through the din, but it's only when it's cutting a swath through the scrum does the thing's senses bring it into focus. You realise that what looks like 4 foot steel fangs is in fact the grill of a monstrous big-rig ploughing toward you. The only reason you can see Yuma behind those armoured windows is that it's pointed right at you. The suit ripples around you, as if ready to launch straight into the truck's maw. What do you do?

-

The clomp clomp of boots becomes the click clack of gears and yours eyes open to the mechanism that's encased you. The gears and pistons of your prison are, individually, running ragged. Anything made out of this collection of worn out scrap would fall apart any second, but there's one lugnut holding everything in place. Sure you could melt the whole machine down or disable it or what have you, but to really own it? Take it apart.

You inspect the piece closer, watching it whir and buzz- it's not new, but it's been well looked after. Practically pampered compared to the other components. The pistons closest to you wheeze and screech while this lynch pin hums silently, contentedly. "The fuck're you looking at, Tai?" York, glancing over his shoulder, breaks the silence. Smokey Moe gives you a half hearted push, mostly out of obedience. The sec-leader spares you both a glare before facing front once more. What do you do?

---

@OminousLozenge @Boozer

• Options
    Jackson

Yuma? Good. The maelstrom is generous. Vengeance will soon be ours, but on our terms.

We pounce onto the massive vehicle, eager to tear Yuma from his armored shell.

---

Use my last hold leap onto the roof of the big rig.
    At first I was just going to use 1 hold to smash through it, but I'm not sure if a moving armored big rig really counts as 'scenery'.

Geth roll 2d6+3 to attune to the orb

to attune to the orb:
    2d6+3 8 [2d6=2, 3]

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Tai

"Take it apart," I mutter. I turn back to see the guys strugglin' with Tes-lash, laggin'. Yeah, I made 'im heavy. Ya guys'll thank me in a sec. The grunt at my back leans away, I step toward Tes-lash, checkin' ma baby. Nah, he's in good hands.

Down a hall, 'round the corner. Ah, the steps. They're comin' soon, ain't they? Yup. I adjust Screamer, she's gonna bang against the rail otherwise... then I feel 'er hum in ma hands. "Ya made my baby cry," I whisper as I cradle her. Then I look up at York. HE made my baby cry! All these assholes, they want death, they want blood. Fuckin' fine. They'll get it.

---
    I'll take +Area to stun everyone in front of me. Screamer's charge is at 4/8.
    ---
    Geth, roll 2d6+4 for Screamin at York

Screamin at York:
    2d6+4 9 [2d6=1, 4]

OminousLozenge on
  • Options
    While only York and the two in front of you hear the earsplitting screech, the rest of you hear the bark of a heavy pistol going off in the cramped corridor. You're ready for the sound, Tai, because you saw the pistol slip from York's grasp and clatter to the floor and knew that dumbass wouldn't have his safety on.

Smokey Moe's still holding you, but his grasp slackens and he's looking at the seccer next to him. He's holding a big patch of blood on his vest and it's looking like he'll need two hands soon. You can practically hear the cogs turning in Smokey's brain and feel that grasp waver on your shoulder. Features aren't your strong suit though- is that vengeance or horror on his face? More importantly, savvy, what do you do?

-

Jackson, you get your- well, the thing's- talons around the cab roof but, maybe because you're being so guarded in mindspace (and of thinking of the suit as you), the truck's momentum leaves you grasping for purchase. Eight limbs do come in handy though and you haul yourself up over black metal to see the sheet metal walls of the G-Mega looming.

Something about Yuma's laugh resonates with the thing's senses enough to pierce the chorus of small arms fire that smatters the roof around you. You feel the vehicles horn in your belly and come to a lurching realisation- he hasn't turned. The orb pulses spikes of tension while you try to predict whether the mega's sides will crumple or hold- and whether you want to be around to find out. What do you do?

---

@OminousLozenge Jackson won't know this, but could the G-Mega's walls withstand an armoured big-rig ramming? And either way, why?

@Boozer You can spend the hold to leap somewhere you want to be; or use defy danger without spending hold to essentially just jump off. Or whatever.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Tai

"Y'shot yer own man, ya psycho sonuvabitch!" I shout at York while he's down an' dazed. I pull free of Smokey, wavin' at the stunned Seccer to get him to help his companion. "Set the 'Lash down an' get yer hands on that hole! I gotta stop that shithead. Don't even care 'bout his own, you guys deserve better. Have for a long time," I mutter, shakin' my head. "Shoulda seen it sooner. But I'll fix it... s'what I do."

I turn to York. Time t'take it apart. I draw my big-ass knife...

---
    Geth, roll 2d6+2 to Seize York's life by force.
    ---
    re: big rig... if it's an angled collision, like a bump-and-run, then maybe with some denting the G-Mega could withstand it. Something more approaching a 90-degree head-on kind of collision? Not if the big rig's moving at speed. That much mass and velocity would be impossible to withstand and remain functional. The walls and supports would have to be impossibly heavy, too heavy for even a Mega's chassis to handle. Most likely, the rig penetrates the side wall, gets chewed up in the process, accordions and pushes in a ways, but ultimately gets fouled up and drags the Mega. That'll throw the torque of the axles of, the whole Mega's likely to lurch to that side, and just maybe the friction will pull the rig out... but probably do some more damage wrenching and tearing the Mega along the way... to say nothing of the rear locomotion on that side (treads, most likely).
    ---
    OOC: So since York is stunned, can I effectively just kill him? I'll take whatever choices let me do that swiftly and decisively: Inflict Terrible Harm, Take Definite Hold, and Suffer Little Harm?

Now at 3/5 XP. Just as a heads up, I'm seriously toying with taking the Savvyhead advancement that lets me get a crew. I can't remember if I lose my old stuff and moves by switching playbooks, so I'll hold off on going for Hardholder just yet.

to Seize York's life by force.:
    2d6+2 13 [2d6=5, 6]

OminousLozenge on
  • Options
    ---
    @OminousLozenge Given that York's unarmed and dazed, he's not really in a position to fight back. You're essentially going aggro and his choice, since you've rolled 10+, is to either get stabbed or suffer the consequences (get stabbed). You can go ahead and narrate 'taking him apart'.

Becoming a hardholder would mean focusing more on meat than machinery, so Tai would lose his uncanny tinkering abilities. He'd still be a weirdo though, so he'd hold onto some of his moves.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Jackson

Incomprehensible numbers flash across my vision as the thing tries to predict the outcome of the coming collision. We momentarily consider grabbing for the steering wheel, but we are more likely to rip it from it's moorings than to turn it.

Instinct takes over, and we leap from the roof instead.

---
    OOC:

Geth, roll 2d6+3 to Act under fire to jump off the armored rig safely.
    (4/5 XP)

Edit: 13! If I have any say in the "better outcome" stopping/turning/slowing the rig would be awesome. Perhaps by tipping the rig over, or taking out one of the front tires and or/Yuma on my way down?

the armored rig safely.:
    2d6+3 13 [2d6=5, 5]

Boozer on
  • Options
    Tai

The knife flashes in the stairwell's light, and I draw a red line across York's throat. The line goes bubbly awful fast. Hmm, exhaust and fluid systems in excessively close proximity. I still see a light in 'is eyes. The knife plunges, scrapes inside the ocular cavity. Yep, that put the light out. Still bubbling from the line, though. What's the cause'a that? Well, it's droppin' off fast.

"When it breaks, take it apart. Can't rebuild it. Gotta replace it." I turn. Got the look in my eye. "Boys, you deserve better. I'm gonna give ya better. Startin' with the sad sack York shot." I nod at Smokey, wipe ma blade clean on York's pants leg. "Smokes, how's yer friend? Ya gonna be arright gettin' him ta the doc solo?" I check the other fellas Screamer hit. "Someone gotta mind these two." Yeah, they'll be okay. Prob'ly gonna have a shit-bad headache, but it'll pass most like.

---
    Good to know about the Hardholder thing! I'll probably just try to put together a crew of peeps and load them out with weird-ass "peacekeeper" weapons.

• Options
    Your mind dives into numbers, Jackson, and for a moment you're completely immersed in the suit. Pushing into the thing's tiny mindspace like a bear into a rabbit warren, you feel every chrome surface, every gust across them. With complete control you leap, eight limbs vaulting from the cab's tiny roof. It begins to tip.

Landing in Yuma's wake, you spin round in time to see the armoured beast swerve on two wheels then flatten against the G-mega's flank. A delicious grinding sound peals over the battle as it's ground up into the mega's rear half-track. For all it's racket, the tatters are battling on. What do you do?

-

Smokey stands stunned, unable to register exactly what's just gone down. Those meatspace emotions look like they're jammed as try to squeeze through his cognitizer all at once. It's a wonder smoke isn't coming out of his ears. At your suggestion of medical attention, he looks dumbly at York for a moment. "Well, er, I don't think Undow can do much for- oh, right." He hefts his wounded squadmate and starts shuffling him down the corridor.

That leaves two seccers, blindly mewling and clutching their skulls; the Penetrator; York's corpse; and you, Tai, left in the corridor. What do you do?

• Options
  • Options
    Tai

I try t'make these two comfy as I can, pull York's body away from 'em a bit. Then I sit by ma baby an' wait for the two Seccers' pains t'stop...

"Listen, guys. I tried, but th'only way t'stop York killin' more'a ya was the Screamer. Fucker shot one already, Smokey's takin' him t'see Undow. But as fer York, we all know he hadda get did. Don't 'spect I'll hafta deal with any'a yer muzzy feelins over that sad sack? Cuz if we can get our heads on the now, I reckon it'll go better for all us. After all, there's still a battle ragin', an' I fer one don't plan on sufferin' no bullshitters messin' up our exodus." I drum my fingers against the Lash's controls, but absentminded. I don't wanna hurt these fellas. Little elbow grease, little proper care, they'd probly be a credit ta the Mega. All hinges on this moment, tho. They gonna see reason, think'a the big picture? Or is this shit gonna get uggo right quick?

---
    So I'm not trying to promise them anything, or threaten violence. I think the best fit is acting under fire, with the fire being they don't see reason and the situation goes pear-shaped fast.

(+1 XP for rolling Weird; 4/5 XP)

Geth, roll 2d6+3

2d6+3 13 [2d6=5, 5]

• Options
    Jackson

I stop for a moment to take in the battle, but the thing is already on the move. It exults in the anarchy, and it's all I can do to not get swept up in it myself.

We leap toward a knot of combatants. With a mental shove, I redirect it's fury to the tat-crew, and away from our allies.

---

Spend one hold to leap into range of multiple tatters
    Spend one hold to pummel them

Geth, roll 2d6+3 to attune to the orb

Let me know if I need to roll "Act under fire" to avoid allies

to attune to the orb:
    2d6+3 15 [2d6=6, 6]

• Options
    The seccers blink, wide eyed, at your sermon and it's as if they're waking to a dawn of reason. "Shit, the G'll be scrap by now!" "If you sit there jawing about it will be!" "Hey, screw you-" As seccers are wont to do when there's no one giving orders, they begin to bicker about what needs to be done. But you don't need to hear it from them, Tai, you know exactly what this mega's capable of.

Now the Quarry mega lacks pretty sorely for long-range or heavy armaments, mainly equipped with pintle mounted sten and bren guns for anti-boarding measures, but what it lacks in firepower it makes up for in structural integrity. Hell, you etched the words ramming speed next to that notch on the gearbox yourself. Only problem is it's not what you'd call a precise weapon- it'll be a hell of a job to avoid plowing through the G-mega itself, let alone any friendlies in the melee.

The seccers have fallen silent at the look of calculation on your face. With their badges you've got the run of the place, for now. What do you do?

-

Cars go up, cars go down and, like metal fruit with fleshy seeds, they're chewed up in the thing's embrace. For all the psychic glee flooding your system, Jackson, you maintain control. Those incomprehensible numbers seem to tally the numbers closer to even, Coal's forces running ragged against your offence and the G-mega's defence.

Unfortunately this culling of the herd has sorted the tat-boys from the tat-men. The time you spend exerting your will gives them time to regroup, forming into two tight groups. The first group corrals you between themselves and the Goodcogs, while the other contingent move to cripple the now-smoking half track where Yuma met his end. Reaching the second group is no problem for your eight legged monstrosity, it's just a question of who you go through.

What do you do?

---

@Boozer Your choice is whether to go through (and damage) the Goodcogs to get to the second tat-group; to go through the first tat-group (and take damage) to get to the second tat-group; or just fight the first group (and Defy Danger to avoid hurting Goodcogs).

Also, now that the battle is evening out, there's less slaughter for the thing to revel in. Attuning to the orb is going to take more concentration and time- enough time to leave yourself open to attack, or to miss something important.

@OminousLozenge‌ I've suggested taking the ramming route, but I'll leave it to you how you'd like to approach the battle. You can play it safe and provide fire support or cover with the Mega, or even commandeer a vehicle and take the lash into the thick of it.

• Options
    ---
    OOC:

I'm definitely leaning towards hitting the 2nd tat-group, if that half track is busted the G-mega is f'ed

@Grog - Are hurting the goodcogs or getting hurt my only choices, or can I:
    - use 1 hold to leap directly to the 2nd group (thus avoid taking damage or damaging the goodcogs),
    - or go through the 1st tat-group and use 1 hold to ignore the damage from the attack?

• Options
    edited March 2014
    ---
    @Boozer Leaping will mean a defy danger, since you've got their full attention now. You can certainly use 1 hold to ignore any damage you take though- if you do, how does the thing defend itself?.

Grog on
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Tai

I point at one of 'em. "Flip, go ta th' cockpit, give orders ta bring 'er up longside the fight!" Then I point at Grunge. "C'mon, pick up that side an' let's hightail t' the gunners." It don't occur t'me we won't need the 'Lash. What kinna parent would I be, leavin' a baby lyin' around.

I keep up a breakneck pace through the corridors, 'til we reach tha guns. I grunt an' we set the 'Lash down. Damn, kinna shaky. Fuck it, odds ain't high we'd need precision, firin' inta a fight this big. "Awright, let's do this." I take one'a the turrets myself, feel a weird mix of bloodlust an' eerie machine calm. No sense shyin' away from the killin' now...

---
    I imagine the "fire" here as inflicting literal friendly fire on the Goodcogs.

This also puts me at 5/5 XP, so I'll take the "gang (detail) for security and Leadership" Savvyhead improvement. I know we'll need to sort out the acquisition and details of the gang after the fight/at the end of the current "session."

I will:
    * Take definite hold of the fight.
    * Suffer little harm.
    * Impress, dismay, or frighten my enemy.
    ---
    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Acting Under Fire

Acting Under Fire:
    2d6+3 13 [2d6=5, 5]

OminousLozenge on
  • Options
    Jackson

I can feel the thing's desire to devour the closer group like a physical ache. It's long silvery legs tense, ready to pounce.

But there's no time to fight the first group, not even enough time to wade trough them. Instead I direct the leap further, to the 2nd group. The Garage must be kept from further damage, lest it be crippled.

We land in the midst of the 2nd group, a shrieking whirlwind of destruction.

---

Spend 1 hold to leap into the 2nd group by the half-track
    Spend 1 hold to pummel the 2nd group

Geth roll 2d6+3 to Act under fire
    (5/5XP)

I'll spend the XP change my character to a new type: Hocus
    (0/5XP)

I'll figure out my followers at the end of the session, though I have a decent idea of what I'll choose.
    For my two new moves, I'll take Frenzy, and Charismatic. Note that I no longer have any basic moves that use Hot.
    Frenzy: When you speak the truth to a mob, roll+weird. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 1. Spend your hold 1 for 1 to make the mob:
    • bring people forward and deliver them.
    • bring forward all their precious things.
    • unite and fight for you as a gang (2-harm 0-armor size appropriate).
    • fall into an orgy of uninhibited emotion: fucking, lamenting, fighting, sharing, celebrating, as you choose.
    • go quietly back to their lives.
    On a miss, the mob turns on you.

Charismatic: when you try to manipulate someone, roll+weird instead of roll+hot.

Even though I ended up leaping instead, here's what I had in mind for how the thing defends itself:
    It has enough armor to ignore small arms fire, and it reflexively dodges attacks it deems dangerous without the driver's intervention. Anything worrying enough to require the driver to spend a hold engages a defensive subroutine that wraps the legs around the body and engages a powerful forcefield for a short amount of time.

to Act under fire:
    2d6+3 9 [2d6=5, 1]