As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Two Best Friends Play

sarge1445sarge1445 Registered User regular
I saw that there was a thread going for Game Grumps and I figured I would start a thread about the other big youtube lets play. So What is everyones favorite Two Best Friends Play episode? I really enjoyed any of the ones involving Heavy Rain and their recent stuff from E3 was pretty good to.

I AM THE VAMPIRE

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I've not heard of them, got a link to their channel or your favorite video?

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Two best friends play is a webshow on the machinima channel. It's hosted by Matt and Pat. Its a heavily edited lets play of a game, mostly cutting out everything that aren't jokes.

They also have their own long play channel in which Matt and Pat (As well as mutual friends) play video games to completion. They are best to listen to, as they talk constantly over gameplay and cut scenes so you aren't watching it for the video game itself, you're watching it for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEIi3X9NCMU

For my personal video,

and their long play channel is

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSw1tcher

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Two best friends is great

I can not emphasize enough how much better their personal channel is then their machinima stuff. Right now they are doing a hilarious deadly premonition run as well as a The Last of Us run. The DP run makes a good a starting point as any. That and the best of 2012 video, which I can't get to on my phone.

Also I have it on good au

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I don't know if I'd call it obligatory

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I think the one that got me totally hooked was the Dead Rising 2 one, simply because the editing was absolute genius, and when I saw Chuck on that tricycle I laughed for a whole minute

THROW UP DAT ONE DATS AN AWESOME

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    the only one i watched was their revengeance one

it was pretty good

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    "Why would nature conspire against man like this?"

http://youtu.be/_hIVjPsF-y4

http://youtu.be/omKNEMZiXjY

One of my absolute top three youtube religions.

I can't recommend their actual channel enough. They do lots of full lets plays and they're currently doing ones for Deadly Premonition and Last of Us.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I do appreciate that they give the choice between the two channels, but whenever I want just 15 minutes of laughing until my sides are stabbing me I really just go to the Two Best Friends Play channel.

or game grumps

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Two best friends is the only Web show that has made me stop the video and stand up and have to walk off my laughter. The harry potter kinect gets me every time

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I love these guys. Their Silent Hill Homecoming videos were friggin' awesome.

• Options
    Rizzi wrote: »
    I love these guys. Their Silent Hill Homecoming videos were friggin' awesome.
    You mean Silent Hill Downcoming?

• Options

they also did a Persona 4 one that had me in tears

I AM THE VAMPIRE
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    They also have a pretty good LP of horror games called 'Shitstorm of Scariness'

They don't play these to completion, sadly.

• Options
    I was particularly fond of their Heavy Rain playthrough.

Matt really fucking hated that game.

• Options
    not unjustifiably though

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Probably still the best thing they've ever done:

http://youtu.be/SIf48-nOXgo

That and the WWE video still make me laugh hysterically.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    My favorite standalone Machinima video of theirs is NSMBWiiu, followed by their Scribblenauts video.
    Their downright best long play is Heavy Rain followed by Downpour.

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
  • Options
    I think the scene in the heavy rain run with the chickens made me laugh harder than just about anything

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    I loved how the the last XBLA game was so good it ran over onto the Mass Effect 3 one

• Options
    Honorable mentions to the Walking Dead playthrough for giving Pat feels on camera.

Deep within his rage lies a sensitive ginger boy that nurses woodland creatures back to health.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Walking Dead playthrough was amazing. The riffing they did in between the feels was great too. I now want to buy the second season, as I've now ruined the first, just because of that playthrough. As long as some choices are forgotten, and I may not have to buy the first to emulate or create my own story, I will gladly put down the money.

• Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Honorable mentions to the Walking Dead playthrough for giving Pat feels on camera.

Deep within his rage lies a sensitive ginger boy that nurses woodland creatures back to health.
    and plays the flute

I AM THE VAMPIRE
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    They're also big Metal Gear fans, so it's hilarious to see them get caught up in a game like Revengeance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaQ4ndTrFmI

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I haven't seen all of them, but I thought this one was especially hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CPGZzsIYd_A

Steam: offday
  • Options
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    You know what just go to v=TaaSWZLC6yE, that preview image has some booty

I love these goofy bastards so much

They are my favorite Yoududes

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    My favorite thing about Matt and Pat is that they're giant crying babies when it comes to anything remotely scary in games.

JUST

ME

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I have zero interest in MLP, but the Sisters stuff is pretty funny. It's like they cleaned up and streamlined the TBF's videos. Then I had the misfortune of finding this...

http://youtu.be/7Hla9N5qx00

Why does this happen and why does it have 15,000 views?

Esh on
  • Options
    RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular
    Yeah...I'm not watching that.

blondeshep.jpg
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Razia wrote: »
    Yeah...I'm not watching that.

I'll break it down for you. Dude in fedora cackles at the screen while watching TSP and makes his own, terrible, terrible, terrible jokes to go along with it.

Esh on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I love TBFP so much. Now Jon's left Game Grumps, they've overtaken them as my go to source of silly folks goofing around with vidya games.

Especially love the extra guys Woolie and Rising Superstar Liam, and how clever they are with recurring jokes without overplaying em.

Hey It's That Dog and THE BABY are 2 of my favourite sayings now.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    New episode: XBLIG IV. Preview image is probably NSFW.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular
    How to Get a Girlfriend

Matt: Ah, from the Woolie series.
    Pat: Step One, take out your wallet!

blondeshep.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dBxGFpUjMk4

Seriously

Seriously I love watching these guys play scary games, especially Pat, because he plays scary games like I do. If I can fight, there's no such thing as fear: nothing in Bioshock got met with anything short of a charging wrench to the face.

But this shit right here

A real horror game

Nah son

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    The end of LP Slenderman is priceless. :P

• Options
    TodesbartTodesbart Registered User regular
    I just watched all of the XBox Live Indie Games videos and man... those games are all a huge pile of horseshit.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEQ_6geAKwE

Two Best Friends is one of my favorite things on Youtube. I can't believe I have to be the one to post this Two Best Sisters Play though.
    They've also got some of the best animated highlights around.

Those are probably mildly NSFW.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/_7VbNnK7J4M

The whole part where they're playing the shoot em up mini game is gold.

"Every time I think, god this is fun, I look over to the borders of the screen and get fucking angry"