As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Two Best Friends Play

• sarge1445sarge1445 Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    http://youtu.be/_7VbNnK7J4M

The whole part where they're playing the shoot em up mini game is gold.

"Every time I think, god this is fun, I look over to the borders of the screen and get fucking angry"
    this and last of us have been great so far

I AM THE VAMPIRE
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I am currently playing through Heavy Rain for the first time, and listening to their commentary for the parts I've played while at work. Making the game like 10x more enjoyable.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    ohh yeah I did that for Persona 4 when Giantbomb.com did it's endurance run, a good lets play is the worlds best DLC

I AM THE VAMPIRE
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    More Walking dead!

*does lil hummingbird claps while giggling*

http://youtu.be/mFjLw3QfzwI

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    sarge1445 wrote: »
    ohh yeah I did that for Persona 4 when Giantbomb.com did it's endurance run, a good lets play is the worlds best DLC

Once I finish Persona 4 Golden I am going to watch Giantbombs ER of it.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    Oh man yes, I love these guys. Especially the Downpour LP, that game is such a trainwreck but has so many potentially good ideas.

And, of course, the axe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50HjAk5gRDY

iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Oh man yes, I love these guys. Especially the Downpour LP, that game is such a trainwreck but has so many potentially good ideas.

And, of course, the axe

I actually like the story, characters, and aesthetics of Downpour. The ending can be confusing and nonsensical, but the rest of the story is pretty good. Moiphy is a likable protagonist, and his voice is really good.

He's a lot better than fucking Alex Sheppard. Who is Alex anyway? He seems to barely have a personality at all.

• BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »

And, of course, the axe

I actually like the story, characters, and aesthetics of Downpour. The ending can be confusing and nonsensical, but the rest of the story is pretty good. Moiphy is a likable protagonist, and his voice is really good.

He's a lot better than fucking Alex Sheppard. Who is Alex anyway? He seems to barely have a personality at all.

Yeah the story is solid and the concepts are great (going into other people's personal Silent Hills and whatnot). But the execution is just bungled at every opportunity. It has so many incredibly dumb decisions, like how you can do a bunch of sidequests that give you items which are immediately taken away if you advance the plot. Or how there are only like 4 enemies and they're all variations on "a zombie".

It has fantastic sound design, though. I love the way Moiph screams and freaks out when crazy shit it happening.

iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
    edited July 2013
    Matt, Patt and Woolie once again beating the shit out of each other, this time with startlingly accurate avatars:

http://youtu.be/AS2Y3FDZInA

Dr. Chaos on
    I love watching them play The Last of Us and Pat is bad but he is way better than I am at that game

I AM THE VAMPIRE
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Deadly Premonition is pretty funny too, although they struggle with commentary during the long driving sections. They keep going back and forth from total hatred to pure love. :P

Quint is the new arch nemesis.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Behemoth wrote: »
    Kadoken wrote: »

And, of course, the axe

Yeah the story is solid and the concepts are great (going into other people's personal Silent Hills and whatnot). But the execution is just bungled at every opportunity. It has so many incredibly dumb decisions, like how you can do a bunch of sidequests that give you items which are immediately taken away if you advance the plot. Or how there are only like 4 enemies and they're all variations on "a zombie".

It has fantastic sound design, though. I love the way Moiph screams and freaks out when crazy shit it happening.

It would have been a much, much better movie.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    sarge1445 wrote: »
    I love watching them play The Last of Us and Pat is bad but he is way better than I am at that game

Pat is doing much, much better on his blind run than I did on mine. I mean, I was on Hard, but whatevers - guy is not jobbing it up here.

I do find it alarming that they are enjoying Deadly Premonition in equal amounts to The Last Of Us though. At one point apparently Matt asked if he wanted to record some more TLOU and he said "Nah, let's DP!"

Oh brilliant
    Some older quirky games are like that, they're great despite their flaws. It also gives them a lot more material to make fun of.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Deadly Premonition is fucking fascinating. You play it with your head tilted.

I don't understand that game.

Everything about it is terrible. The graphics, the gameplay, the writing but I love everything about it.

It's an enigma wrapped in an enigma.

New season seems to have started early, as TBFP Saints Row IV is up on Machinma. Heads up if you're planning on playing it though, it seems to have a fairly huge spoiler towards the end

Oh brilliant
  • Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Rarely has a Let's Play gotten me hyped for a game as much as this latest video. Saint's Row looks fantastic.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I've been hearing about it all day. Maybe I should watch it before it's time to sleep.

edited August 2013
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    Rarely has a Let's Play gotten me hyped for a game as much as this latest video. Saint's Row looks fantastic.

It's a bit cliche, but if I had a time machine, before killing Hitler, I'd jump ahead to get Saints Row 4 first. Priorities.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I have never laughed so hard in my life at the Xbox Live Indie game videos. "Ho-lee Shit!" every time he says that I die.

I wish they had their own channel so I could sub to them and not all of their parent channel's videos.

Honk, they do have their own channel, full of succulent full Lets Plays and other delightful treats. They're up past 500 videos now, many 30 mins or more. :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSw1tcher

They advertise it at the end of each season on Machinma :P

Oh brilliant
    Sweet mother of God...

urahonky wrote: »
    Sweet mother of God...

Deadly Premonition and Heavy Rain in particular are hilarious.

• KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Sweet mother of God...

Deadly Premonition and Heavy Rain in particular are hilarious.

Those and Silent Hill Downpour are excellent.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    The P4 thing is hilarious. When I get around to playing that, I am tempted to name my character Kenpachi Ramasama.

edited August 2013
    The current No More Heroes 2 lets play is also a good introduction to Liam (rising superstar) and Woolie, the other half of Matt and Pat's crew.

That and it's an amazingly crazy game if you haven't seen it before.

Dr. Chaos on
    edited August 2013
    I can't get over how awesome all of the indie game videos are.

Holy shit there is so much trash on there.

This one had me rolling:

http://youtu.be/yYGMdhZHmFo

• NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    i can't get over the simultaneous shame and elation they feel during their rumble roses episode

so funny

PSN: corporateshill
  • JamieODJamieOD Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    Begun watching them thanks to the Rustlemania videos. They have been great so far.

i can't get over the simultaneous shame and elation they feel during their rumble roses episode

so funny
    "She just shot hearts out of her ass. I knew this game was awesome!"

http://youtu.be/GbZORN64_9g

The best friends are in love:

http://youtu.be/bhaXzkH8r8w

Deadly Premonition finale:

I'm now going to be super pissed if we don't hear anything about DP2 in the next year or two.
    The continuing adventures of Frances York Morgan, looks exactly the same as he did in DP (becuase it's York, not Zach) but everybody else sees Solid Snake in MGS4.

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Are you really gonna bump this every time a new video is posted up?

edited August 2013
    Are you really gonna bump this every time a new video is posted up?
    It's over now.

Just wanted to get DP in there before I go cold turkey.

Dr. Chaos on